Page 194 of 267 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This isn't a controversial opinion, but i'm sure Dick Grayson AND Jason Todd fans would rather forget anything Bruce Jones related, including Cheyenne Freemont.
    Hmm... the reason I remember the Cheyenne Freemont story so vividly was the way it ended. The writer is like "and she safely retired never to be seen again". O-o' A character with genuine super powers... in a Bat-related book.... who dressed up as Nightwing... and quits doing super stuff... because she decided to leave it to regular Humans? Yeah Cheyenne wasn't a master martial artist, she was a telekinetic. She'd fit in rather nicely with the X-Men.... oh wait... this is Bludhaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I just thought they were Kryptonian birds that were similar to a bat and robin?

(Of course, that was from back in the 1960s.)

based solely on that page? hmm... seems shaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This isn't a controversial opinion, but i'm sure Dick Grayson AND Jason Todd fans would rather forget anything Bruce Jones related, including Cheyenne Freemont.

I just realized that Jason is the only one who at one point used all the regular personas of other former Robins.
    Nightwing in the Bruce Jones arc and Red Robin in Countdown. He was also "Batman" in Battle for the Cowl.
    I wouldn't say *anything* Bruce Jones related. I enjoy Scarecrow Year One a lot.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I just thought they were Kryptonian birds that were similar to a bat and robin?

(Of course, that was from back in the 1960s.)

based solely on that page? hmm... seems shaky.
    Actually, it was based on the story that image was from, which I own in an issue of Jimmy Olsen that reprinted it.

The story was originally from Superman #158 (January 1963):

Actually, it was based on the story that image was from, which I own in an issue of Jimmy Olsen that reprinted it.

The story was originally from Superman #158 (January 1963):
    Ah OK. It does look like they're simple wildlife names yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Modern Joker is an uncharismatic bore of a character for many reasons but the worst thing about him is the "he's too crazy to predict".

You might as well just say "a wizard did it" in the place of the aforementioned to justify how's able to pull plans or victories out of his ass because that is the level of amateur writing we're talking about.

This goes for his girlfriend as well.
    Building more off this and what others have said but, for the most part, Joker is a better character done better in other mediums when there's an actor giving a performance and usually with the restrictions those mediums come with. There are exceptions where he's just as much as a self-important green-haired Manson wannabe like his comics counterpart (Injustice, DCEU, Joker) but as I said those are exceptions whereas that's the rule in modern comics with him.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-07-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Much like Batman himself, modern Joker is a pale imitation of his Bronze Age iteration.

Modern interpretations of Joker like TDK and Joker are more in line with what I want from the character
    His funny clown gimmick is nice but being an agent of chaos and anarchy who inspires a movement with his crimes intentional or unintentional is a foundation of the character now

I would like to see a multiverse story where modern incarnations of Joker react to his golden age clown boy gimmick

Joker isn't even a character anymore. He's just an excuse for shock events. They've gone out of their way to say Joker doesn't have any consistent personality or backstory that he remembers, he just goes out and murders people horribly.

I like Jason Todd's recent look especially them ditching the guns [what is the point of a gun when his bullets aren't real]

Now they just need to ditch the crowbar. Jason's using the weapon that was used to kill him seems off . Time to move away from his death.

Ryan Wilder should be an ARGUS agent and maybe a Wonder Woman character, I think shes a combination of the New 52 versions of Amanda Waller (young and skinny/muscular) and Etta Candy (black lesbian agent)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Ryan Wilder should be an ARGUS agent and maybe a Wonder Woman character, I think shes a combination of the New 52 versions of Amanda Waller (young and skinny/muscular) and Etta Candy (black lesbian agent)
    Describing Etta Candy as a "black lesbian agent" really doesn't work for an older reader like me who read enough Golden Age reprinted stories:

WOO-WOO!

This is the best Batman animated theme. Don't even come at me with your DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This is the best Batman animated theme. Don't even come at me with your DCAU.

Rino Romano was my Batman .

Extraordinary Member

I don’t know if I ever put this here before, but...

... Batman: Arkham Origins has the best story and character arcs of the Arkham series, and it’s not even a contest. Hell, Batman in that game has a greater character arc and more fleshed out and likeable yet flawed personality than he does in the Rocksteady’s games... and Roger Craig Smith thus gets a meatier and more dramatically satisfying performance of Batman to deliver.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't think any of the Batman games have good stories... low standard... but I didn't pick them up for the story