Page 195 of 267 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Describing Etta Candy as a "black lesbian agent" really doesn't work for an older reader like me who read enough Golden Age reprinted stories:

WOO-WOO!
    Yes its almost different characters

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This is the best Batman animated theme. Don't even come at me with your DCAU.

The Batman had its moments but it suffered from being too different. Especially on the heels of the extremely popular JLU. I remember people’s reaction to the Joker redesign. Speaking of which, does anyone else think that the Joker in the Snyder cut kind of looks like the Joker from the Batman.?

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    The Batman had its moments but it suffered from being too different. Especially on the heels of the extremely popular JLU. I remember people’s reaction to the Joker redesign. Speaking of which, does anyone else think that the Joker in the Snyder cut kind of looks like the Joker from the Batman.?
    That's another thing. The Batman's original Joker design is great and Richardson is a great voice for the Joker, up there with Hamil.

This show also has the best version of Clayface (Ethan Bennett) and the best designs for Mr. Freeze and Firefly.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-19-2021 at 08:51 PM.

5 Seasons and a t.v. movie doesn't seem like much suffering to me. It had trouble finding its footing at first but it did become popular.

That's another thing. The Batman's original Joker design is great and Richardson is a great voice for the Joker.
    Richardson's Joker shows that he is a much more versatile actor than he one might think. Sadly, he too often gets cast as a villain with a scary voice or the big guy among the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Richardson's Joker shows that he is a much more versatile actor than he one might think. Sadly, he too often gets cast as a villain with a scary voice or the big guy among the heroes.
    Yep, would love to see him voice Joker again or another villain who doesn't fit his traditional casting.

That's another thing. The Batman's original Joker design is great and Richardson is a great voice for the Joker, up there with Hamil.

This show also has the best version of Clayface (Ethan Bennett) and the best designs for Mr. Freeze and Firefly.
    Are we talking original design as in the straighjacket look?

I agree about Firefly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He did win an Emmy for his Joker performance .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we talking original design as in the straighjacket look?

I agree about Firefly.

He did win an Emmy for his Joker performance .
    Yep, the straightjacket look with the Doc Brown hair was a great look.

I liked how deep Joker's voice could get in The Batman. Usually Batman has the deeper voice, it was unsettling hearing a clown make jokes with a voice that could shake a car with it's bass.

He was also a lot more animalistic in design and movement. I didn't like it but I didn't hate it either. It was cool he could actually leap around and be a physical challenge for Batman though.

I didn't much care for the character designs in The Batman.

But while we're on the subject of cartoons, I think Batman Brave and the Bold doesn't get nearly enough respect.

The Bat-Mite episodes alone where just priceless.
    Plus there was an episode where they told Batman's origin and used Adam West and Julie Newar as Bruce Wayne's parents. On top of that the same episodes had Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammill appear in an episode that already had the Joker in it. That's three times the Batman and twice the Joker!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I didn't much care for the character designs in The Batman.

But while we're on the subject of cartoons, I think Batman Brave and the Bold doesn't get nearly enough respect.

The Bat-Mite episodes alone where just priceless.
    Plus there was an episode where they told Batman's origin and used Adam West and Julie Newar as Bruce Wayne's parents. On top of that the same episodes had Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammill appear in an episode that already had the Joker in it. That's three times the Batman and twice the Joker!
    I love Diedrich Bader as Batman's voice and I wish they would give him more serious rolls from time-to-time. The Harley Quinn show of all things proved he can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I liked how deep Joker's voice could get in The Batman. Usually Batman has the deeper voice, it was unsettling hearing a clown make jokes with a voice that could shake a car with it's bass.

He was also a lot more animalistic in design and movement. I didn't like it but I didn't hate it either. It was cool he could actually leap around and be a physical challenge for Batman though.
    Yeah, The Batman’s Joker is the only time I found the “Joker’s craziness makes him a physical challenge” argument to hold any water.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

And that was ironically closer to Kevin Michael Richardson's higher pitched voice .

I remember with The Batman where it seemed like all the main Rogues got turned into martial arts masters, with probably the most egregious examples being Joker and Penguin.
    Yeah, The Batman’s Joker is the only time I found the “Joker’s craziness makes him a physical challenge” argument to hold any water.
    I only really see that cited when it comes to how Cass struggled with The Joker because she couldn't read his body movement at all so she didn't know what to do.

And that was ironically closer to Kevin Michael Richardson's higher pitched voice .

I remember with The Batman where it seemed like all the main Rogues got turned into martial arts masters, with probably the most egregious examples being Joker and Penguin.

I only really see that cited when it comes to how Cass struggled with The Joker because she couldn't read his body movement at all so she didn't know what to do.
    Yeah, the Joker has never really been physically imposing since he's usually a twig that has less muscle then my grandma.

But I think that just makes him a better contrast to Batman since Batman is usually depicted as a towering mass of muscle and it makes the writer come up with unique premises and gadgets the Joker needs to make to fight him.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Unpredictability seems to be the reasonable Cass weakness. Joker being random and Jason pulling a surprise weapon are the times she got thrown off.