Page 198 of 267 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    In my reading, assume every new character is forgotten the run after next unless they appear. So far, Duke is the holdover that will endure.
    JHard to say, untill recently Snyder was still one of the most important wrters at DC and Tynion was a pretty frequent co-writer of him.

Now with both gone we will have to see if he sticks.

I don’t see Duke going anywhere. And I mean that in both ways. They aren’t going to get rid of him, but at the same time I think they moved on with what they were hoping they could accomplish with him on to Jace. And see him as the better foothold. So I think Duke will be around, but that’s more or less the extent of it. He’ll just be around. Best he can kind of hope for is a writer will adopt him and sparks something that gets DC and readers to takes notice. I no longer think he’s much of a priority anymore though.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-11-2021 at 04:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Not so much an opinion as a belief.

I wonder if in the 90s the Titans were going to give Nightwing a bastard child through Mirage, but the Bat office put a stop to it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Now with Tynion leaving it will be anyway interesting to which characters from his and Snyders Run are going to stick around.
    I want to see Punchline stick around. I like her design and character has a lot of potential.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They aren’t going to get rid of him, but at the same time I think they moved on with what they were hoping they could accomplish with him on to Jace.
    Wonder what they will do if Jace also doesn't succed.

He is when I'm counting correctly allready the 6th male black Batfamily member they tried to establlish in the last 20 years or so. And the first 3 they completly stopped using (or killed of in one case) where imo actually the more unique ones...

Extraordinary Member

Wonder what they will do if Jace also doesn't succed.

He is when I'm counting correctly allready the 6th male black Batfamily member they tried to establlish in the last 20 years or so. And the first 3 they completly stopped using (or killed of in one case) where imo actually the more unique ones...
    Let’s see:
    1. Orpheus (killed)
    2. Michael Lane
    3. David Zawimbe
    4. Duke Thomas
    5. Luke Fox
    6. Tim Jace Fox

Yep, the math checks out.

Bruce dates a guy.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Barbara's dynamic with Dick was a 100 times better when she was 7-8 years older than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Barbara's dynamic with Dick was a 100 times better when she was 7-8 years older than him.
    I prefer her older, as she was back in the bronze age (I don't feel they interacted all that much in the 1960s), too. I do ship them, but them as adults, so the age difference isn't an issue. I enjoyed the Dixon dynamic, except for being annoyed at more weight that appropriate given to their pre-COIE dynamic (well, and I think he was the one that added the juvenile facility/angst to Dick's background that also was irritating). And, of course, Dick used to be more mature than he sometimes (not always) has been in the post-2001 era. I strongly prefer the Barbara who was not a student/protege of Batman's - I don't like her role shifted to his student/him as her boss in background (or the very changed power dynamic where he knew her identity and she didn't know his). And don't like Bruce funding her Oracle/BoP forays, either. She, despite wearing a bat on her chest, was more independent from the Bruce back in the 1970s. While I do enjoy her and Dick together, both are better suited to becoming more independent and removed from Batman (as each has been at different times in the past) to me.

I don't like Bruce as the satellite to them all. In the 1960s, Barbara wasn't that very linked to Bruce or Dick in personal - more spinoff than sidekick, they didn't know each other's identities or socialize, etc. When a deeper relationship formed in the 1970s, it was between Dick and Barbara, with them having a closer dynamic than Bruce and Barbara. Likewise, I liked Steph as primarily associated with Tim, and more distant from the other Bats (excepting Cass, when she later came along) back in her original Spoiler days. I don't think they all need to have deep connections to each other, and I particularly don't think the connection to Bruce needs to be the strongest/longest/most important to each of them. For some of them, yes, but not all.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-12-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Looking at the announced "Robin and Batman" series, I really think they should do something like this with Jason Todd.

He is out of the Robins the only one that never got at least a Robin Mini series, or back up stories series, and even in the pages of the main Batman comic he didn't got post crisis much focus outside of his origin story and Death in the Family. (The pre crisis version got imo more focus).

Looking at the announced "Robin and Batman" series, I really think they should do something like this with Jason Todd.

He is out of the Robins the only one that never got at least a Robin Mini series, or back up stories series, and even in the pages of the main Batman comic he didn't got post crisis much focus outside of his origin story and Death in the Family. (The pre crisis version got imo more focus).
    At least when they show flashbacks, they tend to be really good. Case in point, the latest Batman Urban Legends story. But I can remember also recently the flashback in Rebirth RHATO #26, and the short story in the Robin Special about Bruce's clock by Winnick.

I'm just afraid they'd back-project Red Hood (or even just-before-death) Jason instead of using Jason as he was actually depicted for most of Post-COIE. I really hate when they do that - backproject current characterizations/relationship conflicts into the pasts of characters when they weren't actually like that in stories published in the era the story is set in.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Barbara and Stephanie shouldn't know Bruce's identity.

Mighty Member

I agree with this, also will add that Damian should be revealed to not be Bruce's son and the identity of Batman should not be a mantle to be passed around, it should end with Bruce. Also the bat symbol should not be something that anyone can just claim and slap on their chest.

Can't agree on Barbara. If she knows Dick's (and she should, IMO), then she should know Bruce's simply because it logical. I really hate the post-COIE or more modern versions where Bruce knows Barbara's identity and she doesn't know his. I hate the power imbalance - a lot. I'm okay with it for Steph, as I feel like that power imbalance and lack of regard for Steph's wants (and her in general), etc. is pretty relevant for her character and her history. That's the way it was from the start, unlike with Barbara.

Have to admit, I am somewhat an old-school fan of heroes trusting each other (and them not turning bad), too, though. And of Batman when he was less paranoid. Not that he'd tell them right away or anything. But that he wouldn't mind them knowing after a few years of collaboration, as with the JL.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-13-2021 at 09:48 AM.