Page 201 of 267 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    All the Robins are now gay because casuals don't know their individual names and will simply associate Robin and Gay.
    I'm okay with this

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Selina should go back to being a prostitute.

- - - - -

I would like for at least one major comic book character to portray prostitution in a positive light. Show that it doesn't make someone lesser than, but is simply just a way of life. I definitely feel like it's in character for Selina to have that mentality to remain a prostitute so long as she has friends who still does it, cause she sticks by her people.

Would especially add a facet to her and Bruce's complicated relationship. I can see him being okay with it, but her unwillingness to quit can be another good reason for why the two can't make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Selina should go back to being a prostitute.

- - - - -

I would like for at least one major comic book character to portray prostitution in a positive light. Show that it doesn't make someone lesser than, but is simply just a way of life. I definitely feel like it's in character for Selina to have that mentality to remain a prostitute so long as she has friends who still does it, cause she sticks by her people.

Would especially add a facet to her and Bruce's complicated relationship. I can see him being okay with it, but her unwillingness to quit can be another good reason for why the two can't make it work.
    Why would she do it though?
    And if we have to have a prostitute character, why does it have to be a woman?
    Why not have Jason or Dick prostituting?

Incredible Member

I am rather appalled about where we are with women characters with DC Comics.
    Many of these threads around here are about which women should be sleeping with
    which other character. We do this with the male characters, but not as much.
    Now we have a prostitution thread.

. . . All the Robins are now gay because casuals don't know their individual names and will simply associate Robin and Gay. . .
    = Gasp! =

So, Dr. Fredric Wertham was right all along??

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I am rather appalled about where we are with women characters with DC Comics.
    Many of these threads around here are about which women should be sleeping with
    which other character. We do this with the male characters, but not as much.
    Now we have a prostitution thread.
    I mean, this is the 'Controversial Opinions' thread. Of course a topic like this is bound to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Selina being a prostitute has been a long standing part of the character ever since Miller introduced it in Year One and it's kind of stuck ever since.

Catwoman is a morally grey character. She steals but mostly from rich patrons. She grew up poor and stole to survive. She is the perfect foil for Bruce Wayne's privileged upbringing and challenges his black and white view of morality. Selina being a prostitute is just one of the ways those themes can be expressed. Especially since it's a controversial topic and you're going to find people arguing for and against this.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Selina being a prostitute has been a long standing part of the character ever since Miller introduced it in Year One and it's kind of stuck ever since.

Catwoman is a morally grey character. She steals but mostly from rich patrons. She grew up poor and stole to survive. She is the perfect foil for Bruce Wayne's privileged upbringing and challenges his black and white view of morality. Selina being a prostitute is just one of the ways those themes can be expressed. Especially since it's a controversial topic and you're going to find people arguing for and against this.
    She's also morphed into a protagonist and I don't know that DC wants to sell her as a former prostitute when they won't even allow Bruce to be a giving lover. lol

More importantly, back when she expressly was a dominatrix, they did everything they could to imply she didn't actually engage in any intercourse. I don't think they ever committed to her being a prostitute full-stop, and frankly I don't care for that origin-- especially knowing what Frank Miller seems to think about women and how to make them strong.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I don't like Dick Grayson. I'm just indifferent to him.

Well if you don’t like him then your not really indifferent to him, just saying.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Who said it has to be a woman?

Selina was suggested because it's already an established part of her history.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well if you don’t like him then your not really indifferent to him, just saying.
    Not them, but I feel indifferent about a lot of foods, for example. But that doesn't mean I dislike them. I just eat them, don't give me any emotional input. And then there's food I actually dislike, and food I detest. And food I love with passion.

I feel indifferent about Helena, for example. That doesn't mean I dislike her.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-20-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Those are bad examples to pick.

Dick has worked as a stripper. Not sure if he offered extra's and lets not forget that in the Gotham there's an Adult shop where you can buy Nightwing themed merch and stuff.

However Jason already have an allowance provided by Bruce and Dick currently is a Billionaire.

Selina is a Working Girl not a trust fund kid like the two Wayne boys you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    = Gasp! =

So, Dr. Fredric Wertham was right all along??
    Yep.

Those are bad examples to pick.

Dick has worked as a stripper. Not sure if he offered extra's and lets not forget that in the Gotham there's an Adult shop where you can buy Nightwing themed merch and stuff.

However Jason already have an allowance provided by Bruce and Dick currently is a Billionaire.

Selina is a Working Girl not a trust fund kid like the two Wayne boys you mentioned.
    And Selina could make more in a night heisting jewels than a year of sex work.
    I just grabbed Jason and Dick for that comparison as they are two characters of equal prominence to Selina.
    It doesn't matter who the men are, the point is that people who suggest Selina do sex work aren't also suggesting that the male characters do it too.