Page 218 of 267 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3996

I don't really think a plain, red hood is "over the top". As far as costumes go, that and the red mask are as basic as you can get given the codename.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Speaking of Jason's Red Hood suit, I'm not a fan of having the Bat emblem on characters that don't have "bat" in their name. I get why they do it but I've never been a fan of it.
    seconded!!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Amazing Member

The batman movie will be good but overrated

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    The batman movie will be good but overrated
    So pretty much like every CBM that turns out good then?

Let’s touch on the big issue, that’s probably been done to death…I agree with Batman, really all heroes, having a no kill rule. They’re already operating outside the law to begin with, so there’s no legal justification for them to kill. Even in just the extreme case of The Joker, anybody could kill him, he’s just a guy.

There are way too many members of the Bat family.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 11-03-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    There are way too many members of the Bat family.
    This is controversial?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This is controversial?
    It used to be. Not anymore, after the latest batch, since Tynion just dumps many of them in quick succession, plus semi-officially including Harley.

All Batman comics are fun.

Complaining about there being too many members of the Batfamily is about as valid as complaining that there is too much sex and violence on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Complaining about there being too many members of the Batfamily is about as valid as complaining that there is too much sex and violence on tv.
    Depends on what channels you watch.

BANNED

What Batfmaily members would you all choose to take a hiatus or do something else to lower the number of current active members? I would start by dropping Tim and Stephanie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    What Batfmaily members would you all choose to take a hiatus or do something else to lower the number of current active members? I would start by dropping Tim and Stephanie.
    I think that as long as bat-characters have a big enough fan base to sustain a mini or an ongoing story for them - why not give it to their fans?
    I'm not a big fan of Tim, but it seems he could have a mini with decent sales, and it sounds much more reasonable to give him a mini than try to push characters that weren't well-received. Overall, I believe in a free market here -as long as there are enough readers for a series to be profitable, DC should offer books for these characters (as long as those books aren't degrading other characters to get attention. For example, if Bruce is now telling Huntress that he trusts her and respects her above all and she's better than all his proteges, that's a problem. Characters shouldn't be elevated by comparing them to other characters or degrading them).

The main problem with the batfamily is with characters that can't have a book of their own and aren't fan-favorites, but writers still try to push or give them the very limited spotlight. For example, Bluebird as an adversary for punchline. Why chose Bluebird after she retired when there are so many other active batfamily members? It's clear it only happened because Tynion co-created Bluebird and wanted to give her another push. same with writers that want to create the next batman protege and just add more members to that overcrowded family.

As for the members of the batfamily, it's also hard to add more members and claim they are all equally close to Bruce. The characters that are depicted consistently as closest to Bruce are the four Robins and Babs, then you have Steph, Cass, and Duke (recent issues now try to merge both circles and claim they are all his kids, which is a bit weird), and then there are the more distant members of the batfam like Luke, Azreal, Batwoman, Huntress, Bluebird.
    While the inner circles' members are the fan favorites, they are also the ones that have their own books - Dick, Jason, the batgirls and Damian all have books. Tim and Duke appear in UL and their stories may continue in different books.

Personally, I think I'd take Duke and the outsiders outside of Gotham. They are all powered and much more suited to the broader DC adventures. I'd also keep Bluebird retired. I'd put Azreal in a team outside of Gotham. Luke is part of Jace's story (not that I understand why Jace isn't in a different city or alternate timeline when there are so many active crimefighters in Gotham). Batwoman, Huntress, and the batgirls together with Nightwing now seem to be the main characters in "shadows of the bat" event, so I'll give it a chance.

Harley shouldn't be part of the batfamily. Selina should be sometimes an ally.

If characters move on from Batman, then I'd like to see them be capable of doing almost everything he is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I'd put Azreal in a team outside of Gotham.
    Yes this. I enjoyed Jean-Paul being a member of the Justice League Odyssey even if it was only like 12 something issues or less. Hope for more of that.