Page 226 of 267 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3996

I basically prefer Catwoman as just flat out against Batman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I used to think that until I notice the cop vs robber, order vs chaos, animal motif, secret identity and with Batman Returns, the whole split in the middle by trauma thing
    Not the most healthy couple, but it's one of my favorite pairings because of the contrast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I used to think that until I notice the cop vs robber, order vs chaos, animal motif, secret identity and with Batman Returns, the whole split in the middle by trauma thing
    Not the most healthy couple, but it's one of my favorite pairings because of the contrast
    Yeah, Catwoman is like that girl who's pretty... but... you'd be stupid to leave your wallet in the same room with her.

Basically I disagree with spending so much time with this Bat/Cat stuff, trying to make it work, when his relationship with Red Hood deserves way more focus and time to flesh it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Basically I disagree with spending so much time with this Bat/Cat stuff, trying to make it work, when his relationship with Red Hood deserves way more focus and time to flesh it out.
    Problem with that "relationship" is Jason does things that Bruce is against (like using guns / killing people), so where does that one go?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Problem with that "relationship" is Jason does things that Bruce is against (like using guns / killing people), so where does that one go?
    Same way as Azrael? Bruce eventually was like "just try not to do it more than needed" and got over it. Red Hood doesn't just whack people because he doesn't like them. It's people who'd be candidates for getting shot by police IRL.... but not in comics because the police in comics are clowns who can't hand out a parking ticket apparently.

Bruce and Damian are the Dynamic Duo. But...does that have any sort of play on the streets of Gotham? What does that distinction even do for them?

Bruce and Damian are the Dynamic Duo. But...does that have any sort of play on the streets of Gotham? What does that distinction even do for them?
    I don't believe they are the dynamic duo. Aside from the brief period under Morrison the dynamic Duo hasn't been play since Jason and bruce before Robin got his own title and went solo.

I think most of the users of this site are new to comics post 90's] otherwise comments like these wouldn't be a thing.

According to I am batman most citizens don't even believe that there's such a person as batman.

As for Robin there's more than one Robin.

You could argue that the current Dynamic duo is Dick and bruce.

They are in a title together as batman and robin. Two titles actually.

Damian and Tim are both Robin but neither shares a book with Bruce or works with him unlike Dick

the latest issue of batman featured a Robin that isn't an actually Robin.

I have no idea what Dc is doing aside from going out of their why to undermine the current Robin.
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-04-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Not really.
    The point is the "dynamic duo" has always just been a nickname and never really carried any weight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I don't believe they are the dynamic duo. Aside from the brief period under Morrison the dynamic Duo hasn't been play since Jason and bruce before Robin got his own title and went solo.

I think most of the users of this site are new to comics post 90's] otherwise comments like these wouldn't be a thing.

According to I am batman most citizens don't even believe that there's such a person as batman.

As for Robin there's more than one Robin.

You could argue that the current Dynamic duo is Dick and bruce.

They are in a title together as batman and robin. Two titles actually.

Damian and Tim are both Robin but neither shares a book with Bruce or works with him unlike Dick

the latest issue of batman featured a Robin that isn't an actually Robin.

I have no idea what Dc is doing aside from going out of their why to undermine the current Robin.
    I mean he does have a solo book with a good writer. I don`t think a mini with the original Robin and back up undermine Damien whatsoever. I bet Tim fans would love to reverse roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I mean he does have a solo book with a good writer. I don`t think a mini with the original Robin and back up undermine Damien whatsoever. I bet Tim fans would love to reverse roles.
    I think that having multiple books on the shelves called Robin undermine the Robin solo.
    I think having multiple Robins undermines the character that's supposed to be the official Robin.
    I think having a reveal about Robin being LGBTQ when the actual Robin isn't LGBTQ undermines the current Robin.

I'm sure Tim fans would love a lot of things just like Dick Grayson fans wouldn't like to be in Tim's position but that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. What's good enough for tim fans doesn't mean it's good for Damian fans not even sure why you are bringing it up except in a put up with the BS sort of way because it could be worse in which case I'd say the same for any fan.

also I like how you ignored all the other ways Dc is undermining Robin to make it a Dick Grayson problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I think that having multiple books on the shelves called Robin undermine the Robin solo.
    I think having multiple Robins undermines the character that's supposed to be the official Robin.
    I think having a reveal about Robin being LGBTQ when the actual Robin isn't LGBTQ undermines the current Robin.

I'm sure Tim fans would love a lot of things just like Dick Grayson fans wouldn't like to be in Tim's position but that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. What's good enough for tim fans doesn't mean it's good for Damian fans not even sure why you are bringing it up except in a put up with the BS sort of way because it could be worse in which case I'd say the same for any fan.

also I like how you ignored all the other ways Dc is undermining Robin to make it a Dick Grayson problem.
    Ill give Tim fans some crumbs. Dixon definitely did this when he was writing Tim Drake. Dixon really took a lot of what Dick great and gave those traits to his other two favorite characters which were Tim and Babs. And since Dixon was the definitive writer for those characters for a time, it really helped to cement the idea that Tim was a better version than Dick despite not having the same feats or history to back it up. Somehow during the Zero Hour era, Tim became the second greatest detective, one of the greatest fighters, genius intellect. Tim and Babs did ALOT of work for Nightwing in his solo its crazy how much Dixon allowed those character to carry him when Dick clearly demonstrated he can do it himself. I've seen many writers and fans call him the best robin. He was Robin in a ton of media content and many people outside comics still know Tim Drake as THE Robin thanks to shows like BTAS and games like Arkham Knights. So that definitely helps him keep up.

I love Tim, and I do wish he would do more as a character, but I will be honest and say a lot of the characterization he has belonged to Dick Grayson first. In my mind, Dick didnt create Robin as a mantle, it was something that helped him remember his parents and to remember why he was working with Batman in the first place. Dick was mad when Batman gave the name away because it wasn't a mantle, it wasn't his to give away. Overtime, the significance of the mantle definitely diminished in favor of it being something that Batman had control over or was instrumental in making. It's really sad to see that Dick cant really keep anything that he created or was known for. Which is why kind of negative about Batfam because a lot of the time the person who is nerfed or downgraded is Dick because he cant be too great or jack of all trades because it negates the need for a huge batfam.

Unpopular opinion (maybe): at first it was a cute gag, but im really starting to get annoyed by the whole "Better than Batman" "Happier/Good Batman" "Batman is Nightwing's sidekick" comments. It feels juvenile to me and really undermines all the good things that Bruce has done as Batman and how his mental health has a big influence over his actions. Yes, Dick is a great guy and certainly is a happier, friendlier person than Bruce, but that doesnt make him better than Batman and it really does ruin the idea that Dick wants to forge his own identity outside of being in Batman's shadow. But calling him a better version of batman, you are effectively keeping his character tethered to the one person he never wanted to be compared to in the first place.

I basically prefer Catwoman as just flat out against Batman.
    I always liked the idea that Catwoman and Jason Todd were anti-villains due to their moral codes being so rooted in their experiences beforehand. They cant change, not because they dont want to, but because they dont know how. There is nothing really about them to change, they are who they are.

If they are gonna have Bruce settle, why not go back and work with some of his old love interests like Vicki Vale or Julie? I think exploring Bruce in a relationship in a non-supes would be good for him because it would challenge his idea that Bruce = Batman and vice versa. The idea of Dick marrying another superhero works because he always works better in a duo or group setting. Always trying to re-create those feelings and moments from his Flying Grayson Days. Whereas batman has become so far removed from true happiness, that it would take someone willing to understand that he cant turn off Batman and will support him regardless because they do love him, is something id wanna see.

thinking about it, someone like Bea from Ric Grayson era i think would be interesting to see in a relationship wth Bruce.
    Last edited by MakeNightwingGreatAgain; 01-04-2022 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Dick Grayson sees Bruce Wayne more as an older brother than a father. Even though they have a complex relationship that has bits of father/son dynamic he should never call him dad. With the other robins it's different.
    Low key, I actually think its kinda disrespectful for people to refer to Bruce as Dick's father and the Batfam as his true family when Dick had a whole ass family before he even met Bruce. His parents are the reason he is Robin, not Bruce/Batman. Most of what makes Dick Grayson who he is comes from his time with his family, not with Batfam. Im not saying Dick's adoptive family isnt important, because they are, but Dick's biolgical family had a huge positive and loving impact on him that he only reflects up with an uplifting feeling and that should be acknowledged a lot more than it is.

Amazing Member

Batman should be a Black Label franchise