Page 239 of 267 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What's the appeal of burnside it seems very bright for a family all about staying in the dark
    It's a good and functional design and fits a younger demo/lighter tone. Not really kids but more teens and college students.

So the upcoming Batgirl film would benefit having a lighter tone than Batman.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-04-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I would clarify that by saying Damian's Robin does tend to wear darker colors, and even the earliest Robin outfits Dick wore as Robin have turned much darker in revised continuity.

But originally, Dick (and Jason) as Robin did favor brighter colors, bare legs, and pixie boots!
    Another controversial opinion: I never want to see the bare legs and pixie boots acknowledged in modern continuities.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Controversial? a lot of Bat-characters will never be used as main characters and will always be supporting since they're, well... just not that interesting?
    Restingvoice is probably right about the commercial reasons but from a creative standpoint I disagree.

Because you get a good writer to give a pitch and DC has a ton of new imprints they can shine in.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-04-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Restingvoice is probably right about the commercial reasons but from a creative standpoint I disagree.

Because you get a good writer to give a pitch and DC has a ton of new imprints they can shine in.
    Sure, in-theory they COULD be. but they haven't, and probably won't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Kinda, yeah, even if some people find a character interesting, other people don't find them interesting, and the number of interested buyers are not high enough to support a series
    It’s the issue with starting out as a supporting character.

Dick will never be able to leave the shadow of being Batman’s sidekick.

Astonishing Member

“Batman isn’t a character but a concept” is the stupidest reason to make Cassandra into THE Batman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Another controversial opinion: I never want to see the bare legs and pixie boots acknowledged in modern continuities.
    That's it. Pistols at dawn, sir.

The classic costume is the only one I accept for Dick. I can see everyone after using leggings, but he's gotta rock the pixie boots.

I'd love to see DC put out a Batman comic book set in 1939/1940 before Robin (Dick) enters, but I know that is unlikely to happen.
    I didn't read it because I don't like Azzarello, but you may want to check out the short-lived First Wave imprint.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    . . . I didn't read it because I don't like Azzarello, but you may want to check out the short-lived First Wave imprint.
    I think I picked up a couple of issues in the $1 bin, but I seem to remember Azzarello taking a few too many liberties with characters for my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's it. Pistols at dawn, sir.

The classic costume is the only one I accept for Dick. I can see everyone after using leggings, but he's gotta rock the pixie boots.
    I just can't ever see the bare legs and pixie boots look and accept it as something that happened in the last fifty years. It dates Dick to the 1930s/40s/50s. Either he's pushing 100 years old in continuity and has been taking dips in the Lazarus Pit, or he did a Captain America and was frozen for about 60-70 years. But he can't both be from a time when that look was acceptable and be as young as he's supposed to be.

I just can't ever see the bare legs and pixie boots look and accept it as something that happened in the last fifty years. It dates Dick to the 1930s/40s/50s. Either he's pushing 100 years old in continuity and has been taking dips in the Lazarus Pit, or he did a Captain America and was frozen for about 60-70 years. But he can't both be from a time when that look was acceptable and be as young as he's supposed to be.
    Last "fifty years"?

Tim was the first Robin to regularly wear an altered Robin outfit (not counting pre-CoIE adult Dick Grayson on Earth-2), but that wasn't until late 1990 (which isn't even 35 years ago yet).

Last "fifty years"?

Tim was the first Robin to regularly wear an altered Robin outfit (not counting pre-CoIE adult Dick Grayson on Earth-2), but that wasn't until late 1990 (which isn't even 35 years ago yet).
    Oh I know - my point is that they were terribly outdated at least fifty years ago, long before they were ever replaced. I mean Batman and Superman still wear trunks too and that was ridiculously outdated decades ago too. But that's another controversial opinion.

. . . I mean Batman and Superman still wear trunks too and that was ridiculously outdated decades ago too. But that's another controversial opinion.
    Unless he has a black / much darker gray bodysuit, Batman needs the dark trunks for color contrast.

Otherwise, his out fit resembles Super Goof's or the original Red Tornado . . . looking too much like the long underwear with the "trapdoor" in the back.

Unless he has a black / much darker gray bodysuit, Batman needs the dark trunks for color contrast.

Otherwise, his out fit resembles Super Goof's or the original Red Tornado . . . looking too much like the long underwear with the "trapdoor" in the back.

Controversial opinion here, but I agree to disagree.
    Sorry, but even risking looking like "long underwear" is still better than looking like "underwear on outside the pants" and nothing is going to convince me that they look like.

Extraordinary Member

I've been really disappointed about the gradual phasing out of the OG Robin costume that's been occurring since the Nu 52 started. I realize it's only happened sporadically, but whenever it's been used post-Rebirth I couldn't be happier.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Last "fifty years"?

Oh just to clear my point, when I said I couldn't accept it as something that happened in the last 50 years+, I wasn't talking about actual comics history but the modern sliding scale continuity. As in I can't see a Dick Grayson Robin OG costume be in continuity when in continuity Dick isn't some elderly 70+ year old man. Like if the sliding time scale has him as Robin roughly 15-20 years ago, then bare legs and pixie boots make no sense. They are just too clearly tied to a long ago bygone era. At least to me.