Page 246 of 267 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be funny if Jason tries to be "Spanker II" a legacy villian.
    Shut up or Papa Spank II if his Bruce side comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Like in the old days ?
    https://screenrant.com/batman-spanki...dc-comics/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    OR

Extraordinary Member

Outside of her friendship with Cassandra Cain, I've never understood the appeal of Steph.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Outside of her friendship with Cassandra Cain, I've never understood the appeal of Steph.
    So, I take it you never read any of the stories with Steph before Cassandra was even introduced?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, I take it you never read any of the stories with Steph before Cassandra was even introduced?
    I've read the first 55 issues of Dixon's run on Robin. I just never saw the appeal. She just seemed really...generic to me.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I've read the first 55 issues of Dixon's run on Robin. I just never saw the appeal. She just seemed really...generic to me.
    Robin #1 (of the regular series) was from 1993. Stephanie first appeared in Detective Comics #647 (June 1992) as did her father.

Extraordinary Member

Robin #1 (of the regular series) was from 1993. Stephanie first appeared in Detective Comics #647 (June 1992) as did her father.
    I am aware of both of those things (I've been reading comics for 40 years). I was merely explaining most of my initial exposure to this character who I found generic prior to her introduction to Cass.

Vllain dad, trying to be a hero, throwing a brick at Robin, the costume, and her whole premise has always been pretty unique to me .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I like that she was, well, kind of the bar in the Batfam. Not especially talented like the rest but her heart was in her right place and she put the work in.

Steph, more than most, was "what if you tried to be a crime fighter in Gotham City." She's not a naturally gifted aerialist, trust fund perfect specimen, assassin trained from birth or really any of it.

The appeal was basically that she was someone trying to do the right thing without essentially having some part of her skill set stacked to do so.

She's the reality of "anyone could be Batman." You can't. But you could be Spoiler.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I like that she was, well, kind of the bar in the Batfam. Not especially talented like the rest but her heart was in her right place and she put the work in.

Steph, more than most, was "what if you tried to be a crime fighter in Gotham City." She's not a naturally gifted aerialist, trust fund perfect specimen, assassin trained from birth or really any of it.

The appeal was basically that she was someone trying to do the right thing without essentially having some part of her skill set stacked to do so.

She's the reality of "anyone could be Batman." You can't. But you could be Spoiler.
    And then she became the fun Batgirl .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Babs could also be fun (at least prior to CoIE and that whole eventual The Killing Joke thing).

Well, Babs could also be fun (at least prior to CoIE and that whole eventual The Killing Joke thing).
    I don't disagree, but I think Steph was fun in a millennial way.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Outside of her first appearance, I felt the same until she became Batgirl. Then Steph totally clicked for me.

Weirdly, I don't think I ever really liked actually her partnered with Tim.

Cluemaster first appeared in Detective Comics #351 (1966) and was used as a comedy character in Giffen's Justice League era before Dixon got hold of him.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Vllain dad, trying to be a hero...
    The first examples that popped into my head are Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, but I'm sure there are more.

Thing is, I never found her solo series particularly fun, either.