Page 254 of 267 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 3996
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    His friends still appeared some until Tim was made to go to private school by his father (I understand Jack's reasoning, given Tim's sneaking out, being dangerous places, disappearing for days, and either giving no explanation or lying about it). I recall a good-bye get-together between Tim and his buddies. I liked those buddies better than the private-school buddies. I remember when Tim decided to break up with Ariana. He was going to do so by letter, but Alfred told him that was cowardly and he should do so in person. But then Ariana broke up with him first.
    Alfred was correct. He was epic there.

Also, controversial opinion: I like Ariana best out of all Tim's significant others.

There are two versions of Dick Grayson. There's the one from the comics whose anger issues and control freak tendencies rival that of Bruce. And there's the fandom version who's an eternal optimist that sleeps with anything that moves.

There's many versions of Dick Grayson. Thats one of his best aspects, that he grew up and went through different phases as people do. From laughing kid dare devil, to angsty uptight teenager, to confident relaxed grown up.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-10-2022 at 06:58 AM.

I prefer Barbara being at least 3 years older than Dick, and Jason's age doesn't make sense, he's an anomaly being closer to Dick than Tim.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Jason's age doesn't make sense, he's an anomaly being closer to Dick than Tim.
    I think Jason and Tim should about the same age, with Jason just looking older than he is, and Tim looking younger.

I prefer Jason being more in the middle between Dick and Tim. Young enough for Dick to have a good amount of time as Robin before going to the Titans, but old enough that he can act as the older brother to Tim when needed, with a few more years of experience.

Extraordinary Member

As much as I appreciate some of the groundwork he laid, Chuck Dixon was a paint-by-numbers kind of writer.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think Jason and Tim should about the same age, with Jason just looking older than he is, and Tim looking younger.
    jason age is the one thats most confusing if were going by before retcons. jason is said to be 6 years younger than dick, tim is 5 years young than dick if we go by the event at the circus dick was 8 tim was 3 jason is younger than both of them. now if we go by DC offical comic stats bruce got jason at 9 which means bruce let his 15 year old child leave home to live wherever he please.

and yes jason and cass are two years older than tim and duke

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    jason age is the one thats most confusing if were going by before retcons. jason is said to be 6 years younger than dick, tim is 5 years young than dick if we go by the event at the circus dick was 8 tim was 3 jason is younger than both of them. now if we go by DC offical comic stats bruce got jason at 9 which means bruce let his 15 year old child leave home to live wherever he please.

and yes jason and cass are two years older than tim and duke
    This is why head canon is the best canon. Even if DC is willing to give you a straight answer, it'll either be outdated an hour from now or won't make any sense to begin with.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Dick wasn't 8 the Batman comics from the time "Batman Year 3" was published has Dick Typically between 10 and 12, when Batman took him in, with 12 beeing the age that fits best with the retroactive comics that are actually set at the beginning of his career as Robin.

Jason was also typically 12 when he became Robin, the age 9 is from some encyclopedia that I wouldn't really see as canon.

I you go by the post crisis continuity, Jason is something between the same age and two years older than Tim, depending what comics you use to calculate the difference.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Dick wasn't 8 the Batman comics from the time "Batman Year 3" was published has Dick Typically between 10 and 12, when Batman took him in, with 12 beeing the age that fits best with the retroactive comics that are actually set at the beginning of his career as Robin.

Jason was also typically 12 when he became Robin, the age 9 is from some encyclopedia that I wouldn't really see as canon.

I you go by the post crisis continuity, Jason is something between the same age and two years older than Tim, depending what comics you use to calculate the difference.
    the writers yo-yo between 8 and 12 for dick they been doing it since zero hour just recently in a batman comic he was 8 again.

as for the jason 9 thing its been publish in different kinds of book from batman 100 history book to the encyclopedia and was confirm by dennis o neil in a letter to the writer back in the day.

Regarding ages for Dick, Jason and Tim, I've just found this old post that seems like a nice reasoning for their likely ages. It's a pre New52 time logic, but I think it may help here.
    https://theflyingwonder.tumblr.com/p...-that-jason-is
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-10-2022 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I prefer Jason being more in the middle between Dick and Tim. Young enough for Dick to have a good amount of time as Robin before going to the Titans, but old enough that he can act as the older brother to Tim when needed, with a few more years of experience.
    I have a hate on for not letting Jason and Tim be peers and an absolute loathing of Jason being closer to Dick's age than Tim's. There is, IMO, zero reason for Jason to act an older brother to Tim or even for them to have that much of relationship. Dick canonically had that role (to Tim, and not to post-COIE Jason, and that's okay, too). I'm not real big on all the Batfam being actually family-like to each other, either. I like Spoiler having a relationship with Tim and Cass, but not so much with Dick or Jason or Barbara (I'm not fond of Steph as Batgirl at all). I like Barbara having a stronger relationship with Dick and Cass and not Bruce or the others, and so forth and so. I think the dynamics I like all existed (though not all at the same time), but have since been overwritten by changes I do not care for.

Extraordinary Member

the writers yo-yo between 8 and 12 for dick they been doing it since zero hour just recently in a batman comic he was 8 again.

as for the jason 9 thing its been publish in different kinds of book from batman 100 history book to the encyclopedia and was confirm by dennis o neil in a letter to the writer back in the day.
    The only source I know for the age 9 is "the Essential Batman Encyclopedia".

Do you have source or link for the letter?

When it comes to Dick age in relation to Tim's I think it is the best go to the actual comics were that was established (Year 3 and Lonley Place of Dying) and I think they went with 11.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-10-2022 at 11:07 PM.

I wouldn't mind three jokers getting adapted by Reeves and Pattinson. It's a big swing for the Joker and a way to lean into a horror vibe.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-16-2022 at 05:34 PM.