Page 259 of 267 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 3996
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't mind Bruce traveling and learning, but I deeply dislike him learning from assassins and the like - people he should be trying to take down. League of Assassins should definitely be something he only knows about after years on the job. I also prefer Batman to not be a god-tier fighter. Good, yes. Great, even. Not top 20 in the world. World's Best Detective, not world's best martial artist.
    I agree with this completely.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Even if you did Earth One line of books-some of those guys would still be offended that those books exist.

Because someone would be mad that those books are marketing something they don like. Even if it's NOT in the comic book store.

See I am Starfire, Gotham High, Beware My Power Blu Ray and so on.
    Somebody somewhere is always something.

batman falling from the moon isn't awesome... its a level of jumping the shark that I just was NOT ready for... infact it jumped the moon
    It is surviving a nuke in a fridge level of cringe and I will have to hear people talk about this 'feat' for years to come without any context
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Alfred should be his first mentor but not his only one. Ra's makes the most sense if you just want to give him one mentor. He's lived hundreds of years and tons of skills. So it's a way of cheating the process.

Bruce has an attraction to unhealthy people. Telltale acknowledged how damaging that could be so the comics could do the same.

I'm bored of Bruce at the moment. So I don't giving someone else a go in the new DCEU. Just let Pattinson and Reeves do their thing on their own Earth.

I didn't mind Titans Earth One saving the legacies for down the road. Using Jericho instead of Dick was a smart move and I'd do more like that.
    I just don't think Ra's training Bruce works at all...let alone Bruce meeting him in his younger years. It was one of my biggest issues with Zdarsky's The Knight mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't think Ra's training Bruce works at all...let alone Bruce meeting him in his younger years. It was one of my biggest issues with Zdarsky's The Knight mini.
    I'm used to it because I got in through the movies and expanded media. So I just picture that sequence in my head. It wasn't a necessity for the Knight but I was fine with it.

Yeah, Ra's makes sense as someone who Bruce might have heard of in some context... but never met since he wasn't the Batman yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Dick Grayson made an entertaining Batman because he was so different to Bruce that it felt refreshing.
    Honestly I think if they had continued with Dick as Batman on the long run people might have lost interest once it didn't feel new anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Honestly I think if they had continued with Dick as Batman on the long run people might have lost interest once it didn't feel new anymore.
    Sure but that's true of any storyline. It's not unique to replacement heroes or legacies.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2022 at 06:45 PM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    batman falling from the moon isn't awesome... its a level of jumping the shark that I just was NOT ready for... infact it jumped the moon
    It is surviving a nuke in a fridge level of cringe and I will have to hear people talk about this 'feat' for years to come without any context
    100% this.

I'm still not over Spider-man doing it and at least he had the bullshit excuse of a nanobot super suit at the time.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think even by the end of it Dick was starting to slide into just being typical Batman.

I think even by the end of it Dick was starting to slide into just being typical Batman.
    But at least it wasn't "Bat-God".

Dick is my least favorite Robin. Outside of his time as Batman II or Agent 37, I don't care for him as a lead.

Not really a controversial opinion, so much as an observation.

I was just watching Batman Returns...being the Christmas season...and I realized there's a subtle cynicism to the portrayal of the citizens in Gotham in Burton's movies.

In the first one, despite being terrorized by the Joker, they gleefully attend his parade on the promise of money. They flip-flop between loving & hating Batman & the Penguin on a dime in Returns. Overall, they're not bright and easily swayed.

The people of Gotham City in Tim Burton's Batman movies are akin the Simpsons' Springfield. They would absolutely be dead without Bats' protection and probably deserve it.

No real point, but it's an interesting contrast to how Gotham would be portrayed by Nolan and Reeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Not really a controversial opinion, so much as an observation.

I was just watching Batman Returns...being the Christmas season...and I realized there's a subtle cynicism to the portrayal of the citizens in Gotham in Burton's movies.

In the first one, despite being terrorized by the Joker, they gleefully attend his parade on the promise of money. They flip-flop between loving & hating Batman & the Penguin on a dime in Returns. Overall, they're not bright and easily swayed.

The people of Gotham City in Tim Burton's Batman movies are akin the Simpsons' Springfield. They would absolutely be dead without Bats' protection and probably deserve it.

No real point, but it's an interesting contrast to how Gotham would be portrayed by Nolan and Reeves.
    That's ironic considering Nolan and Reeves's films get accused of being too bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Dick is my least favorite Robin. Outside of his time as Batman II or Agent 37, I don't care for him as a lead.
    Interesting. What do you feel worked for him in those roles but not the others?