Page 3 of 267 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Batman is not Mike Brady and should not have a Brady Bunch. He's not warm and cuddly. His relationship with his "family" should be dysfunctional.

Damian should have been erased in the reboot.

Unlike the other Robins, being a douche suits Tim well.

I thought I hated Punisher Todd, but then I was introduced to the "Dean Winchester in a Kung Fu movie set in space" version, now Punisher T doesn't look so bad anymore

I'm still trying to figure out the mass appeal of Dick Grayson other then the fact that he's a good looking dude performing acrobatics in a suit that might as well be body paint. . .oh, ok, nevermind.

Every Babs Batgirl appearance since the reboot can be summed up with one eye roll.

Batwoman had the potential to be a successful solo character, but they ruined the good will she got from Elegy by separating her from the Batverse (know who's paying your bills, girl). Now it's too late for the title to be salvaged.

Is it official yet, anti-hero Catwoman is a flop? After over a decade of mediocrity and poor comic book sales, can we safely say that most people aren't here for Robin Hood Selina. It looks like DC has finally realized this. Now please hurl those god forsaking goggles into Mount Doom already.

BANNED

The family is what makes Bruce stand out as a character. That being said, half the problems steem because this guy keeps shooting himself in the foot when it comes to "rules" and "trust".

All the former Robins are more interesting than Batman is.

I like Damian as an aristrocrat ass, not as Jason 2.0. Sorry kid, you can`t pull sarcasm the same way.

Ratho has been the fun bat title for the most part.

Those Drake wings have got to GO.

Jason Todd should keep evolving as a character. He`s not the Punisher. Hey, have him break the 4th Wall to adress the fandom.

Make solo Todd stories more noir in the core "I`m about to bust that slave trade ring..air is cold and I could kill for a pizza".

Let Alfred be the father of the family since Bruce is terrible at it. In fact, make him interact differently with each one, but making sure he considers them his "boys".

Give Dick a stable of characters to interact with. A life, anything, outside of being the younger brother of Batman.

Dick Grayson was a far more interesting Batman than Bruce has ever been.

Bruce and Damian do not work as a Dynamic Duo. They are both too dark; there is little in the way of interesting contrast. Damian should always be paired with Dick, whether he is Batman or Nightwing.

Jason alone works best as street level anti hero. Jason with Kory and Roy should be a gallivanting crew of space bounty hunters.

Each Batfamily title needs its own distinct direction. Having a half dozen angsty street level vigilantes can only be so interesting.

The Batfamily works best when it is big and multilayered, with Batman being the head of the family and Grayson being the glue that keeps it all together (as well as clear second in command).

Babs should have the use of her legs, but should have grown out of Batgirl into something else.

Tim works best as a solo detective, not a leader of Titans, Young Justice, or any other group. I liked the character direction during his solo series under Yost.

Dick should never rejoin the Teen Titans. Neither should Cyborg, Starfire or such. It would be a demotion. Those characters are all grown up now as adults and in better places for them like being an Outlaw or in the League. People need to stop trying to recreate the '80s and making them be "teens" again, which would be a detriment to the characters. The new lineup is better now because it's the current teen generation and isn't pointlessly recreating the past. It's annoying how people are bias against the current characters just because it's not the old lineup, rather than about the actual quality of the characters. I get that some people don't like Lobdell but that doesn't mean they have to hate everything about the lineup, just because it's not the old one. Dick Grayson, Cyborg, Starfire and Roy Harper are not teens anymore, so people need to get over that and stop hampering character growth for the sake of nostalgia. Even pre-New 52, the characters had mostly grown out of the team. I don't want the same Titan stories forever.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Dick Grayson was a far more interesting Batman than Bruce has ever been.

Bruce and Damian do not work as a Dynamic Duo. They are both too dark; there is little in the way of interesting contrast. Damian should always be paired with Dick, whether he is Batman or Nightwing.

Jason alone works best as street level anti hero. Jason with Kory and Roy should be a gallivanting crew of space bounty hunters.

Each Batfamily title needs its own distinct direction. Having a half dozen angsty street level vigilantes can only be so interesting.

The Batfamily works best when it is big and multilayered, with Batman being the head of the family and Grayson being the glue that keeps it all together (as well as clear second in command).

Babs should have the use of her legs, but should have grown out of Batgirl into something else.

Tim works best as a solo detective, not a leader of Titans, Young Justice, or any other group. I liked the character direction during his solo series under Yost.
    I like these suggestions. I would give Dick and Damian their own book, too. And I agree that Tim should have his own solo detective book; if "Grayson" sells, maybe we'll soon see "Drake".

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Dick should never rejoin the Teen Titans. Neither should Cyborg, Starfire or such. It would be a demotion. Those characters are all grown up now as adults and in better places for them like being an Outlaw or in the League. People need to stop trying to recreate the '80s and making them be "teens" again, which would be a detriment to the characters. The new lineup is better now because it's the current teen generation and isn't pointlessly recreating the past. It's annoying how people are bias against the current characters just because it's not the old lineup, rather than about the actual quality of the characters. I get that some people don't like Lobdell but that doesn't mean they have to hate everything about the lineup, just because it's not the old one. Dick Grayson, Cyborg, Starfire and Roy Harper are not teens anymore, so people need to get over that and stop hampering character growth for the sake of nostalgia. Even pre-New 52, the characters had mostly grown out of the team. I don't want the same Titan stories forever.
    Have you ever read the series Titans? It was pretty good until Helfer ruined the ending for the series. It showed how all the characters had grown up but decided to get the team together. The Titans isn't and never will be a demotion of a character the whole point of the Teen Titans was to show that the original sidekicks could work together and away from their mentors so they could grow up into their own heroes.

The whole reason I hate the new 52 Teen Titans is because there isn't a sense of family and belonging that the Titans did in the pre 52 Teen Titans and Titans. The Titans are family first, Team book second. Since the New 52 was supposed to be a reboot why not have Dick back as Robin and create the Teen Titans. Its not treading old ground as long as its not the same stories and most people who complain about the "same stories" haven't even read all the issues. In the 80's the Teen Titans weren't even teens except Cyborg and Beast Boy. Go watch Linkara's March of the Titans, he really shows off how great the team was and how important it was. http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...e-team-history

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    There are four parts to the retrospective and its really good.

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

Post crisis Jason Todd was exactly what Batman needed at the time and although I think it's a shame he was killed off, it also lead to a lot of pathos and motives

I really don't understand Bat fans who seem to love the extended bat family, but can't stand Batman himself. He's the core from which everyone else emanates.

Batman acts to intimidate thugs, and strangers, but he shouldn't be pulling that act with his clsoe friends and family. "Psycho Batman" is as much of an act as "Drunk Playboy Bruce Wayne" - it's a persona he puts on to do a job. He doesn't use it on people who know better.

Steph Brown's Batgirl series was pretty much the best depiction of Batgirl ever.

Batman can go toe-to-toe with any non-meta H2H fighter. He needs to stop jobbing to make other characters look good.

Cass Cain needs to stay in Limbo. Or be revamped as someone who's not in the Bat family; she was shoehorned in by her creator in the first place.

Batman can and should be used in all different types of stories - sci-fi, magic, ninja, vampire, street crime, world crime conspiracies.

It's silly to try and put exact date periods on the tenures of the various Robins.

None of the Batman movies before Nolan are any good (except maybe the Adam West one)
    Formerly known as YMCMB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    Is it official yet, anti-hero Catwoman is a flop? After over a decade of mediocrity and poor comic book sales, can we safely say that most people aren't here for Robin Hood Selina. It looks like DC has finally realized this. Now please hurl those god forsaking goggles into Mount Doom already.
    Woohoo! I'm not alone! Can we trample it a few times before we hurl it?

Also: 90's unabashed "I'm doing it for me" fun thief Catwoman > Brubaker conflicted "protector of East End get my friends and family in trouble" Catwoman
    Last edited by chipsnopotatoes; 05-27-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

-I love Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and Oracle, but if I had to choose I'd prefer for her to be Batgirl.
    -Helena Bertinelli >>> Helena Wayne
    -Tim Drake should be gay.
    -4 Robins ruins the whole "5 years" thing. Comics should almost never give real time frames.
    -I like that Cassandra Cain adds diversity to the Batverse, but she doesn't interest me as a character and her look isn't that original.

Tim Drake is the best Robin.

Damian Wayne is not likable, not even in an endearing jerk way.

Stephanie Brown hasn't been tolerable since she stopped being Spoiler

Jason Todd has only gotten even more interesting since his return from death.

Catwoman is only interesting as an anti-villain.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Barbara Gordon should run for Congress again.
    My, my! One does peculiar things when one is a gorilla!

Batman is the best character in the franchise and I wouldn't be upset if he was the only character in Gotham
    Damian Wayne is the best Robin since Dick Grayson
    Tim Drake is useless and the biggest Mary Sue in the Batfamily
    Jim Gordon is the second most important character in Gotham after Batman
    The Dark Knight Returns is a classic story