Page 38 of 267 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Haha, I love Huntress more than Charlie, but I never think of her as Batgirl.
    Helena is weird for me. I love Birds of Prey, and she's had tons of great moments, but she's never really been a character that connected with me.

And yeah, out of the three unofficial Batgirls, Helena is the one I have the hardest time actually calling Batgirl. I've always thought of her stint during NML as more of a rookie Batman.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Helena is weird for me. I love Birds of Prey, and she's had tons of great moments, but she's never really been a character that connected with me.

And yeah, out of the three unofficial Batgirls, Helena is the one I have the hardest time actually calling Batgirl. I've always thought of her stint during NML as more of a rookie Batman.
    I think it makes sense, though, since Catholicism is such a deep part of Helena's character. Her story in Birds of Prey, from someone who's so angry and isolated she has nothing holding her back from lethal justice, to someone who is a vital, valued part of a family again, is one of my very favorites (and if she'd had a run like Steph, she might have supplanted her as my favorite purple clad heroine, since I actually loved Helena first, since I got into comics more heavily right after War Games, which wasn't a very Steph-rich period, but it was a golden era for Helena).

I don't know about rookie Batman - she was The Bat. She never called herself Batgirl, and only took the mask because it worked, not because she really bought into Bruce's crusade like any of the other Batgirls. (What's the third, in your view - Betty/Bette? I wish there was more stuff for all of them - Bette, Babs, Helena, Cass, Charlie, Steph, Nissa, and Carrie. Wow, eight of em. I wonder how many Robins there would be if you counted all the alternates...Dick, Jason, Tim, Steph, Damian, Robot, Tris, the billion We Are Robins)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I think it makes sense, though, since Catholicism is such a deep part of Helena's character. Her story in Birds of Prey, from someone who's so angry and isolated she has nothing holding her back from lethal justice, to someone who is a vital, valued part of a family again, is one of my very favorites (and if she'd had a run like Steph, she might have supplanted her as my favorite purple clad heroine, since I actually loved Helena first, since I got into comics more heavily right after War Games, which wasn't a very Steph-rich period, but it was a golden era for Helena).

I don't know about rookie Batman - she was The Bat. She never called herself Batgirl, and only took the mask because it worked, not because she really bought into Bruce's crusade like any of the other Batgirls. (What's the third, in your view - Betty/Bette? I wish there was more stuff for all of them - Bette, Babs, Helena, Cass, Charlie, Steph, Nissa, and Carrie. Wow, eight of em. I wonder how many Robins there would be if you counted all the alternates...Dick, Jason, Tim, Steph, Damian, Robot, Tris, the billion We Are Robins)
    Bette was the third I was thinking of, yeah.

And yeah, the extended Batfamily is freaking massive.

Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Kate Kane, Maggie Sawyer, Renee Montana, Nocturna, Holly Robinson, Karon, ... possibly Harper and Julia ...

... too many lesbian/bi-sexual women in the bat universe .... especially in relation to gay male characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Kate Kane, Maggie Sawyer, Renee Montana, Nocturna, Holly Robinson, Karon, ... possibly Harper and Julia ...

... too many lesbian/bi-sexual women in the bat universe .... especially in relation to gay male characters.
    Haprer IS confirmed bi-sexual.

Why do you have a problem with the number? "Over-representation" is not a thing. Would it be better if more guys than just Cullen were LGBT? Of course. I'm personally of the opinion that when they're older, Damian and Jon Ken would make a really cute couple. So yeah, wish there were more LGBT men, but there's nothing wrong with the amount of LGBT women.

Mighty Member

Batman does not need a Robin or the Bat-Family at all, they only serve to criticize and hold him back.

No one is the rightful heir to the mantle of Batman, when Bruce dies so should the mantle die with him.

Bruce and the bat-symbol are one in the same, on one but him should wear it unless sanctioned by him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Batman does not need a Robin or the Bat-Family at all, they only serve to criticize and hold him back.

No one is the rightful heir to the mantle of Batman, when Bruce dies so should the mantle die with him.

Bruce and the bat-symbol are one in the same, on one but him should wear it unless sanctioned by him.
    1. Take away the Batfamily from existence, and Bruce is dead, and Gotham, and probably the world, are f**ked many times over. And that's ignoring that while he may be my personal least favorite (Besides Snyder's pets), he's still an objectively worse character than half the Family.

2. There are several people worthy in terms of skill and dedication to be the heir. Bruce is not the symbol, it's not his to die with, as shown...

Not you.jpg

Also, a million other examples of the Bat being a separate entity, but that's the one that comes to my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I disagree Damian wasn't made to be Robin He has shown that he is more than just Robin. As a Damian fan while I miss him on the batbooks and love his partnership with Bruce I prefer the current direction they are taking with him.
    Supersons is a really great concept, he is amazing in TT and his guest spots in Nightwing are pure magic. This is a better direction and use of the character.

I won't mind Damian in the batbooks but I strongly dis agree with the leave him there part. Everything he's doing outside the batbooks since rebirth has been great so I would like that to continue.

And no Batman does not need Robin that was just an excuse to force the red ham burglar into the family.
    I love what they're doing with Damian as well. I wouldn't trade TT and Super-Sons for anything. But don't you think he should be working with Bruce as well? Isn't that the point of being 'Robin', the partner to Batman? But as you said above, I wouldn't want him there permanently. I just really feel they cut Damian's time as Robin at Batman's side way too short.

Bruce Wayne and Helena Bertinelli would have made a really dynamic couple during the Pre-Flashpoint era. They oozed unresolved sexual tension.

Extraordinary Member

They should give Gordon his white hair back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    1. Take away the Batfamily from existence, and Bruce is dead, and Gotham, and probably the world, are f**ked many times over. And that's ignoring that while he may be my personal least favorite (Besides Snyder's pets), he's still an objectively worse character than half the Family.

2. There are several people worthy in terms of skill and dedication to be the heir. Bruce is not the symbol, it's not his to die with, as shown...

Not you.jpg

Also, a million other examples of the Bat being a separate entity, but that's the one that comes to my mind the most.
    The Bat-Family owe their existence to Bruce, he in no way needs them for anything and is head and shoulders a much better character than all of them put together. He has acomplished more good and endured more pain and sacrifice for the "mission" than all the so-called family.

Bruce is the symbol, he created the symbol when he put on the cowl, without him the symbol does not exist. He can do whatever he wants with it because it is his and his alone. And if someone else wants to wear the symbol then they need Batman's approval. You cannot take what is not yours, the symbol is not theirs.

Bruce and the Bat are one in the same, the Bat was born from within him. You cannot separate the two and no one else but him has a claim to be the Bat. And when he dies the Bat will die with him because no one will ever surpass him as batman.

BANNED

The Bat-Family owe their existence to Bruce, he in no way needs them for anything and is head and shoulders a much better character than all of them put together. He has acomplished more good and endured more pain and sacrifice for the "mission" than all the so-called family.

Bruce is the symbol, he created the symbol when he put on the cowl, without him the symbol does not exist. He can do whatever he wants with it because it is his and his alone. And if someone else wants to wear the symbol then they need Batman's approval. You cannot take what is not yours, the symbol is not theirs.

Bruce and the Bat are one in the same, the Bat was born from within him. You cannot separate the two and no one else but him has a claim to be the Bat. And when he dies the Bat will die with him because no one will ever surpass him as batman.
    I mean, none of those are facts to support your opinions, just re-stating what your opinions are, but I suppose facts aren't ALWAYS necessary for opinions. Sometimes people,myself included, just feel a certain way.

Even if they're way off base.

The Bat-Family owe their existence to Bruce, he in no way needs them for anything and is head and shoulders a much better character than all of them put together.
    Okay, that bolded bit is just silly.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Bruce Wayne and Helena Bertinelli would have made a really dynamic couple during the Pre-Flashpoint era. They oozed unresolved sexual tension.
    Interesting. I think they're too similar, and would never really get along. Plus, she hooked up with Nightwing, and I'm not a fan of the way Winick handled Talia and Jason.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

and I'm not a fan of the way Winick...
    ...does anything!