Page 42 of 267 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    This is another reason why I'm happy that damian is away from the clusterf**k that is Gotham and the batbooks
    Yeah, Damian is doing REALLY well for himself these days, and that's good for everyone. TT, Super Sons, Nightwing guest spots, it's all great stuff.

Darkseidpwns and I have talked about ways to get the most Batfam in the fewest books, and a new version of it I've thought up is:

Batman: Batman. I wouldn't read it, but I know a LOT of people really want solo Batman adventures. Plus, Duke and Claire could be here sometimes if writers actually want to use them.
    'Tec: Batwoman alone leading a PERMANENT team of Hawkfire, Azrael, Batwing, and Clayface, dealing with crime around the world.
    Nightwing: Starring Dick obviously, with Huntress as a supporting character.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws: Exactly what it is now.
    Batgirl: F**k this book, but we're not getting rid of Babsgirl.
    90's Batkid Book: Any of the 3 could be the lead, with the other 2 working perfectly as their main support. Put them in a college setting and it'd be something unique to them.

Damian is fine where he is now outside the main Batline.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's not controversial. It's on like every page of this thread.
    Yep, it's not controversial, just wrong.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yep, it's not controversial, just wrong.
    So true.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I think an easy solution to that problem of feeling bloated would just be to give most of them more autonomy, getting some of them out of Gotham, and others just acting independently within the city. The problem there is autonomy requires a solo book, and much as these characters are great, we can't have the Batfamily take over the entire main DC line of books.
    We can't?

I'd be okay with the Batman title, 'Tec, Nightwing, RHATO, maybe another B&R and a Red Robin title once Tim comes back.

Though you could switch 'Red Robin' by a YJ team book and I'd be content.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Whether or not Batman needs a Robin he certainly doesn't need 5 of them.
    He never had the 5 of them as Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Robin is just someone to give exposition to batman did just fine without Robin he doesn't need Robin never did. A Duke, an Alfred will do just fine it doesn't need to be Robin. Synder's batman is proof of that.

@millernumber1 well I prefer Duke.
    He doesn`t need Robin to functionas a character but needs it as part of the narrative. DC is all too aware of it. Look how often and long he`s been published without "Robin".

BANNED

GASP. The darkest timeline!
    I admit to not having read much with him, but I'm not a fan so far. He certainly hasn't done anything to make me think he's an equal to Dick, Jason, Tim, Steph, and Damian.
    Cassandra Cain fans should know better than to hate on the newest Bat-character that they don't actually have read a lot about.

Rino Romano wasn't a bad Batman but was certainly ill-suited for the role.

A voice modulator is no substitute for a real batman voice.

Jason O'Mara isn't that bad a Batman VA.

DCNAU Damian is accurate to the comics, but his character development hasn't been handled as well or been as nuanced.

Paul Dini writes the Joker better then most modern comic book writers do.

Anarky deserves better media representation then Joker/Riddler-lite characterizations he's saddled with on either Beware the Batman or Arrow.

We should see more of Bruce Wayne. And by Bruce Wayne, I mean Bruce Wayne outside the Batfamily and being Batman. Heck, I'd love to see the rest of the family do or be more active outside their costume, because that interests me just as much as their vigilante work.

I prefer Batman's main partner be Robin under most circumstances but I also think he should have a good dynamic with Batgirl as well.

Alfred should only call Bruce "Bruce" under the most extreme and emotional of circumstances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Cassandra Cain fans should know better than to hate on the newest Bat-character that they don't actually have read a lot about.
    I could say that I loved Cass from her first appearence and that I've read several issues with Duke without liking him, but I understand what you're saying. So alright. Until I read We Are Robin, I'll cease talking crap about Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

DCNAU Damian is accurate to the comics, but his character development hasn't been handled as well or been as nuanced.

We should see more of Bruce Wayne. And by Bruce Wayne, I mean Bruce Wayne outside the Batfamily and being Batman. Heck, I'd love to see the rest of the family do or be more active outside their costume, because that interests me just as much as their vigilante work.

I prefer Batman's main partner be Robin under most circumstances but I also think he should have a good dynamic with Batgirl as well.

Alfred should only call Bruce "Bruce" under the most extreme and emotional of circumstances.
    Agree with all of these. But that last I would supplement by saying Alfred should never, ever call Bruce "son." We know he's your son, Alfred. If you say it, it breaks.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

I could say that I loved Cass from her first appearence and that I've read several issues with Duke without liking him, but I understand what you're saying. So alright. Until I read We Are Robin, I'll cease talking crap about Duke
    I have read We Are Robin! (Thank you, local library)

Honestly, it was pretty good. 7or 8 /10 I'd give it.

And regarding Duke, I can say!....he's better than Claire. I'm still not a fan of his, but I don't hate him by any means (though I do still hate how Snyder says he's MORE than a Robin), and I definitely think he's a better character than Gotham Girl.

However, I do concur with Millernumber1. Every one of Duke's fellow Robins is a more interesting character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Rino Romano wasn't a bad Batman but was certainly ill-suited for the role.

A voice modulator is no substitute for a real batman voice.

Anarky deserves better media representation then Joker/Riddler-lite characterizations he's saddled with on either Beware the Batman or Arrow.

In order:

Rino was...eh. Danielle Judovits was the highlight of the show though. By far my favorite take on Babsgirl. (Plus we got to see Oracle once, and that was awesome.)

Hate O'Mara's take personally. I'm not sure if it was for legal or money reasons, but I have no idea why they didn't just get Bruce Greenwood.

I disagree, but I can definitely see why someone would think so.

Agreed 100%

YES. I've said it before and I've said it again, Lonnie Machin is THE BEST. His ideologies and general characterization will likely never being depicted properly since it's easier to just go "I'M ALL ABOUT ANARCHY!" Hence why I plan on one day making an Anarky fan film. (No I'm not talking out of my ass. I DO have film experience)

Agreed 100% Unless it's really well drawn or particularly stylized, I don't really care about the action in comics. I want to see some civilian lives.

In any case but Damian's, agreed.

Yup

However, I do concur with Millernumber1. Every one of Duke's fellow Robins is a more interesting character.
    YES! Which one is your fave? Mine is probably Riko, but Dax and Dre are really great too.

Rino was...eh. Danielle Judovits was the highlight of the show though. By far my favorite take on Babsgirl. (Plus we got to see Oracle once, and that was awesome.)

Hate O'Mara's take personally. I'm not sure if it was for legal or money reasons, but I have no idea why they didn't just get Bruce Greenwood.

In any case but Damian's, agreed.
    I was a fan of Judovits from other work, so her as Batgirl was really fun. Plus, I liked that she was the first sidekick - a fun twist on normal canon. And the Oracle bit was great, indeed!

I was similarly a fan of O'Mara's work before he voiced Bruce, so hearing him as Batman worked for me.

Why is Damian different?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    YES! Which one is your fave? Mine is probably Riko, but Dax and Dre are really great too.

Why is Damian different?
    Hmm. I'd say Dre was my favorite, with Riko as a close second.

Maybe Batman and Robin New52 will win me over, but for now, Dick and Damian are the team I want to see, not Bruce and Damian,

Hmm. I'd say Dre was my favorite, with Riko as a close second.

Maybe Batman and Robin New52 will win me over, but for now, Dick and Damian are the team I want to see, not Bruce and Damian,
    I definitely agree. Bruce and Damian are too similar, especially in their flaws, and I need a team that calls each other out on their flaws.