Page 45 of 267 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    A new controversial opinion of mine? My updated list of my favorite Batfamily members, counting extended Batfamily members:

10. Huntress
    9. Onyx
    8. Clayface
    7. Jean-Paul Valley
    6. Misfit
    5. Damian Wayne
    4. Tim Drake
    3. Jason Todd
    2. Stephanie Brown
    1. Cassandra Cain
    You put members(Misfit and Onyx).. that... Even after see certain old bat-comics maybe I never see..

both are female characters, I saw them in internet... Less than 40 appearances..

Onyx was interesting? the other girl is like one young barbara...
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-21-2017 at 02:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    why do you hate Dick Grayson?
    These days, I don't HATE him. Not like I used to. I can't say I actually HATE anyone in the Batfamily. Am I completely indifferent to Duke and Claire, and wish the former wasn't having such importance placed on him? Yes. But I don't hate them as characters.

I mean, yes, I DO hate Babsgirl, but because I love Oracle, I'm left in a weird middle ground in my feelings toward Babs.

In the case of Dick, there are tons of comics where I like him, but he's also acted in certain ways that really piss me off. Like I said, I don't hate him, but I'd probably put him near the bottom of my Batfamily ranking, alongside Bruce, Duke, Claire, and Sasha.

Hold on! There's someone I hate! F**K Sasha Bordeaux.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The yellow oval around the Bat Symbol should return to Batman's costume, both in the present, and as part of his character history.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Misfit and Onyx(like one pokemon).. Curiously, both are women(I saw them in internet) with less than 40 appearances..
    I'm pretty sure they both had a little more than 40, actually.

But yeah, in the time they had I loved them. And number of appearances are meaningless to me. My 2nd favorite DC comics character is Slobo, and he appeared in less than 20 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    These are a couple that I've been sitting with recently..

Dick Grayson should be more of a global superhero as opposed to being stuck in a city as Batman-lite. He can even still have the Nightwing mantle while being a public hero. Grayson sort of hit the vibe there. He can do that as Nightwing and outside of any spy agency. Just himself

Batman would fit better on the Avengers than he does in the Justice League, where he feels very out of the place

The Batfamily shouldn't all be stuck in Gotham. I've already said I think Dick should be a world traveling superhero but Cass fits that mold too
    The Avengers already have a Batman though. It's the Black Panther .

I'm pretty sure they both had a little more than 40, actually.

But yeah, in the time they had I loved them. And number of appearances are meaningless to me. My 2nd favorite DC comics character is Slobo, and he appeared in less than 20 issues.
    I see both characters in DC WIKI... Misfit appeared 2 times in N52..

Onyx was interesting unclepulky?
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-21-2017 at 02:35 PM.

BANNED

I see both characters in DC WIKI... Misfit appeared 2 times in N52..

Onyx was interesting?
    Just another reason on the pile of reasons I hate the Nu52

And yeah, Onyx was pretty cool. Unsurprisingly, like with Jean-Paul, my favorite thing about her was her relationship with Cass. Also like Jean-Paul, it was only shown off in a handful of issues, but those were damn good issues.

Just another reason on the pile of reasons I hate the Nu52

And yeah, Onyx was pretty cool. Unsurprisingly, like with Jean-Paul, my favorite thing about her was her relationship with Cass. Also like Jean-Paul, it was only shown off in a handful of issues, but those were damn good issues.
    Interesting... She is a black character, we never needed Duke for that...

The fans should make like with Steph and Cass.. Make something for make her return.. or... MAYBE BIRDS OF PREY IS HER CHANCE, ONE DAY..

You are right... more than 40 appearences.. she participated in 70 issues according comicvine.. She appeared in Green Arrow during N52 and futures end.. But she is... different.. a little similar to cass:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/onyx/.../issues-cover/

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION.. DC SHOULD FORGET THE IDEA OF INCREASE THE NUMBER OF BAT-FAMILY MEMBERS... THEY ARE ENOUGH.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-21-2017 at 02:57 PM.

BANNED

Interesting... She is a black character, we never needed Duke for that...

The fans should make like with Steph and Cass.. Make something for make her return.. and...
    Onyx's fanbase is a grain of sand compared to Steph's and Cass's. She didn't get the exposure, she was never the main character in a book, she wasn't a central part of the family, etc.

Surprisingly, she DID pop up in Future's End, but that's no guarantee of seeing her in the main DCU.

Personally I'd love her to make a return, and, obviously, I prefer her to Duke.

Onyx's fanbase is a grain of sand compared to Steph's and Cass's. She didn't get the exposure, she was never the main character in a book, she wasn't a central part of the family, etc.

Surprisingly, she DID pop up in Future's End, but that's no guarantee of seeing her in the main DCU.

Personally I'd love her to make a return, and, obviously, I prefer her to Duke.
    Yeah, this character exist since 1985, before Steph and Cass, characters with more opportunities to shine...

... BIRDS OF PREY is her chance..

onyx.jpg

SORRY, comicvine put a bad image, she is a black character in N52..
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-21-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Misfit was a riot, I miss her terribly. Apparently Gail wanted Helena to get Charlie under her wing, and God if I wouldn't have enjoyed reading Misfit driving Helena crazy.

Unpopular Opinion? Hm...for little I've read of his run as Robin, Jason didn't seem so bad, he actually was likeable. Don't get why fans (or a certain fan, according to the rumours) wanted him dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Misfit was a riot, I miss her terribly. Apparently Gail wanted Helena to get Charlie under her wing, and God if I wouldn't have enjoyed reading Misfit driving Helena crazy.

Unpopular Opinion? Hm...for little I've read of his run as Robin, Jason didn't seem so bad, he actually was likeable. Don't get why fans (or a certain fan, according to the rumours) wanted him dead.
    GAAAAH! How is it that so many amazing pitches never to be, and yet Rob Leifeld's Hawk and Dove book was allowed to exist?! The world needs more DARK VENGEANCE!

I liked Jason as Robin too. He had quite a few interesting plots. I didn't like that he died, but I also didn't like that he came back to life. Its only been the current RHatO book that's made me glad he's back.

GAAAAH! How is it that so many amazing pitches never to be, and yet Rob Leifeld's Hawk and Dove book was allowed to exist?! The world needs more DARK VENGEANCE!

I liked Jason as Robin too. He had quite a few interesting plots. I didn't like that he died, but I also didn't like that he came back to life. Its only been the current RHatO book that's made me glad he's back.
    I liked the Under the Hood arc, though I prefer the movie because the explanation was way less dumb than Superboy Prime Punched Reality. Though between his resurrection and that now every Robin dies or fakes their death, it diminished his death as a turning point on Bruce's life...and it actually makes Bruce look like kinda like a terrible mentor figure. The thing is that after his UTH arc we got terrible stories like:

-Jason, wearing his Robin costume UNDER his normal costume and beating poor Tim out. (Thanks Geoff.)
    -Red-haired Jason was pretty much a terrible thing.
    -Battle of the Cowl Jason
    -A lot more that I'm too lazy to name

Lobdell on the first run made him a classic bad boy antihero which is...meh, but he actually got better on this run!

BANNED

I liked the Under the Hood arc, though I prefer the movie because the explanation was way less dumb than Superboy Prime Punched Reality. Though between his resurrection and that now every Robin dies or fakes their death, it diminished his death as a turning point on Bruce's life...and it actually makes Bruce look like kinda like a terrible mentor figure. The thing is that after his UTH arc we got terrible stories like:

-Jason, wearing his Robin costume UNDER his normal costume and beating poor Tim out. (Thanks Geoff.)

Lobdell on the first run made him a classic bad boy antihero which is...meh, but he actually got better on this run!
    I love the movie Under the Red Hood, but I don't care for the storyline in the comics. It certainly wasn't good enough to warrant bringing him back to life. And everything that followed was just drek.

Prior to the current run, Jason was my 4th favorite Robin, but this run has done so much good for his character, I actually like him a little more than Tim and Damian now, the three of them may as well being tied for me. (He's not passing the Eggplant Avenger though)

Yeah Lobdell has really written Jason Todd the best. Everyone either did good but missed a lot. He's just nailed it in my mind.