Page 47 of 267 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    May I ask why? She is not really a character i care about but why the hate?
    Ted Kord.

She was there at Checkmate. She knew what Max was going to do. But because Max was her boss, she just let him kill Ted.

She was not under mind control. Max had no metas with him. She could have killed him.

But she didn't.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Ted Kord.

She was there at Checkmate. She knew what Max was going to do. But because Max was her boss, she just let him kill Ted.

She was not under mind control. Max had no metas with him. She could have killed him.

But she didn't.
    That's a bummer. She's one of my faves. But there's a reason I haven't read Infinite Crisis or the Omac Project.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Him and Cassie I never liked. I'm sorry, but you don't date your dead best friend's girlfriend.
    I hated every single part of the TimCassie subplot in pre-Flashpoint.

I like Tim/Steph on Tynion's run way more than what they had on the pre-Flashpoint.

I think people exaggerate the amount of push Duke gets. It's like they are acting as if he is receiving the same amount Barbara got in the New 52. Where Steph isn't even allowed to be in Smallville season 11 because DC wants Babs to be the only batgirl. I admit that he is getting a push and it might not be fair to certain other characters but lets keep things in perspective.

it could be worse

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    it could be worse
    You jinxed it!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think people exaggerate the amount of push Duke gets. It's like they are acting as if he is receiving the same amount Barbara got in the New 52. Where Steph isn't even allowed to be in Smallville season 11 because DC wants Babs to be the only batgirl. I admit that he is getting a push and it might not be fair to certain other characters but lets keep things in perspective.

it could be worse

You got folks crying about him being him being in best selling Batman books.

It's no good if he does nothing in the book.

Out of what 25 Batman books his appearances make up about what 6-7 issues whole? How is that a push? If his push is like Cyborg's there is NOTHING to fear. Except looking up at Moon Girl on sales charts eventually.

There is nothing to complain about. Now lets see after the events before folks go off.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You jinxed it!
    how will I sleep at night ? .

BANNED

I've come to a realization, and I'm not happy about it one bit...I don't think I like Damian Wayne. Nor have I ever.

To give some context, when Damian first appeared, I found his brattiness charming...but I also thought actually giving Batman a son in the main continuity was absolutely stupid and unnecessary. Also, right after he debuted, he nearly killed Tim, so THAT took away any good will he was earning. And of course, I'm me so I was still ABSOLUTELY LIVID about the EvilCass fiasco, which had just happened earlier that year. And between Damian, and soon after Kate, it really seemed to me that Cass had been removed for the sake of these new additions. (And ignoring the rumor that DiDio DID think Cass would distract from Kate, please remember that at the time, I was like 11. Didn't exactly know how these things worked)

This attitude continued till 2009. EvilCass had been retconned away, and although she no longer had a solo book, Cass was still around, and had gotten adopted. Thus, my bitterness toward Kate and Damian faded...except for the part where I still thought Bruce having a biological son was a dumb concept.

DickBats and Robin happened, and I was actually more upset over Dick becoming Batman instead of Tim or Cass than I was Damian becoming Robin. And for me, the DickBats Batman and Robin series was the ultimate example for me of "Hate the concept. Love the execution." Here is where I really started loving Damian on the page, primarily because of his relationship with Dick. And over in Batgirl, his relationship with Steph is probably my 2nd favorite between any Robin and Batgirl. I even liked his bash brothers relationship with Tim. Hell, even in Gates of Gotham, I loved his interactions with Cass.

I also loved his fondness for animals, and now in the present I love his relationship with Jon, as well as BOTH of the books he's a lead in...

But I still don't like him.

I enjoy the Hell out of him! Put him with Dick, Steph, Jon, Cass, Tim, or an animal, and I'm gonna have a good time. Super Sons is one of my two favorite Rebirth titles!

But for whatever reason, the result has always been the same. Once I put the book down, I have almost nothing but negative thoughts about him in my mind.

Maybe it stems back to the original bitterness, maybe its because its now treated as if its a forgone conclusion that he's meant to succeed Bruce, maybe its something else. The only thing I know its NOT is his personality, because that I love.

Not really sure what the point of saying all this was, but hey, its something I felt I needed to get off my chest.
    Last edited by Assam; 04-28-2017 at 02:25 PM.

I've come to a realization, and I'm not happy about it one bit...I don't think I like Damian Wayne. Nor have I ever.

To give some context, when Damian first appeared, I found his brattiness charming...but I also thought actually giving Batman a son in the main continuity was absolutely stupid and unnecessary. And of course, I'm me so I was still ABSOLUTELY LIVID about the EvilCass fiasco, which had just happened earlier that year. And between Damian, and soon after Kate, it really seemed to me that Cass had been removed for the sake of these new additions. (And ignoring the rumor that DiDio DID think Cass would distract from Kate, please remember that at the time, I was like 11. Didn't exactly know how these things worked)

This attitude continued till 2009. EvilCass had been retconned away, and although she no longer had a solo book, Cass was still around, and had gotten adopted. Thus, my bitterness toward Kate and Damian faded...except for the part where I still thought Bruce having a biological son was a dumb concept.

DickBats and Robin happened, and I was actually more upset over Dick becoming Batman instead of Tim or Cass than I was Damian becoming Robin. And for me, the DickBats Batman and Robin series was the ultimate example for me of "Hate the concept. Love the execution." Here is where I really started loving Damian on the page, primarily because of his relationship with Dick. And over in Batgirl, his relationship with Steph is probably my 2nd favorite between any Robin and Batgirl. I even liked his bash brothers relationship with Tim. Hell, even in Gates of Gotham, I loved his interactions with Cass.

I also loved his fondness for animals, and now in the present I love his relationship with Jon, as well as BOTH of the books he's a lead in...

But I still don't like him.

I enjoy the Hell out of him! Put him with Dick, Steph, Jon, Cass, Tim, or an animal, and I'm gonna have a good time. Super Sons is one of my two favorite Rebirth titles!

But for whatever reason, the result has always been the same. Once I put the book down, I have almost nothing but negative thoughts about him in my mind.

Maybe it stems back to the original bitterness, maybe its because its now treated as if its a forgone conclusion that he's meant to succeed Bruce, maybe its something else. The only thing I know its NOT is his personality, because that I love.

Not really sure what the point of saying all this was, but hey, its something I felt I needed to get off my chest.
    Well there's a shocker.

You dislike Dickbats, you believe Tim and Cass should take over from Bruce, You believe Tim is better at H2H than Damian.

It's not a huge surprise but not sure why you are upset about it. These are fictional characters so it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-25-2017 at 03:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    You believe Tim is better at H2H than Damian.

It's not a huge surprise but not sure why you are upset about it. These are fictional characters so it really doesn't matter.
    Actually, I freely admit that NuDamian is WAY better than NuTim, and I've come around to thinking that yeah, while Tim should be good, it makes sense for Damian to be better.

As for "it really doesn't matter." Maybe for some fiction is just something to enjoy, like what you like, dislike what you don't, this stuff is maybe a little too important to me. If something, good or bad, happens with a character I care about, it stays at the forefront of my mind for days, sometimes weeks. And with Damian, I honestly do wish I could love him as much as I do whenever I'm reading a comic with him. Its not like its a major problem in my life or anything (My god would THAT be nice), but its still frustrating.

BANNED

Well there's a shocker.

You dislike Dickbats, you believe Tim and Cass should take over from Bruce, You believe Tim is better at H2H than Damian.

It's a good thing you've never gotten upset over a fictional character before, oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It's a good thing you've never gotten upset over a fictional character before, oh wait...
    Pot. kettle. Duke

Doesn't mean we should encourage it in others.

BANNED

Pot. kettle. Duke

Doesn't mean we should encourage it in others.
    But you've gone on anti-Tim rants before so don't pretend you have a problem with character bashing.

I dunno how "controversial" it is, after all it's all about preference, but one thing I actually liked about Nu52, that they removed Cass and Steph from Batfamily. Never really got into them, always thought they were "too much". If we must have Batgirl, I'm okay with Barbara being the only one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    But you've gone on anti-Tim rants before so don't pretend you have a problem with character bashing
    Let`s be honest and fair. You`re both equally terrible.