Page 48 of 267 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Can't we all be friends?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Can't we all be friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I dunno how "controversial" it is, after all it's all about preference, but one thing I actually liked about Nu52, that they removed Cass and Steph from Batfamily. Never really got into them, always thought they were "too much". If we must have Batgirl, I'm okay with Barbara being the only one.
    NOPE! :

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    But you've gone on anti-Tim rants before so don't pretend you have a problem with character bashing.
    Who said i have a problem with character bashing? Don't care one way or the other except when that character is that useless Red Hambugler in which case I go out of my way to rip his weebo a**e a new one but Plucky isn't ranting.

He's upset and I'm saying that it doesn't matter. He shouldn't be upset since it's a fictional character so it doesn't matter.

However just because I enjoy hating on and insulting that What's his face I would never encourage it in others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Doesn't mean we should encourage it in others.
    I honestly don't see what's wrong with being upset over a fictional character. Its not like I'm going on a mindless hate rant. I simply feel how I feel, and personally, I don't feel anyone should ever feel bad over feeling anything, with obvious exceptions such as feelings of bigotry.

Can't we all be friends?
    Where's the fun in that?

[QUOTE=unclepulky;2771477]I honestly don't see what's wrong with being upset over a fictional character. Its not like I'm going on a mindless hate rant. I simply feel how I feel, and personally, I don't feel anyone should ever feel bad over feeling anything, with obvious exceptions such as feelings of bigotry.[/QUOT]

But my point was why should you care.
    Why are you upset about your recent realisation? It doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-25-2017 at 05:14 AM.

BANNED

Can't we all be friends?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I dunno how "controversial" it is, after all it's all about preference, but one thing I actually liked about Nu52, that they removed Cass and Steph from Batfamily. Never really got into them, always thought they were "too much". If we must have Batgirl, I'm okay with Barbara being the only one.
    It's definitely controversial.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

[QUOTE=Fergus;2771480]
    Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I honestly don't see what's wrong with being upset over a fictional character. Its not like I'm going on a mindless hate rant. I simply feel how I feel, and personally, I don't feel anyone should ever feel bad over feeling anything, with obvious exceptions such as feelings of bigotry.[/QUOT]

But my point was why should you care.
    Why are you upset about your recent realisation? It doesn't matter.
    Let me put it like this.

Have you ever seen a movie? A movie that everyone's raving about, but when you go to see it, while there's a lot of stuff you like, the film just doesn't click for you, and you can't figure out why. That's this for me.

And if you don't think that's a rational way of thinking either, well, how about this? My life is really damn stressful (like most people's) and sometimes its nice to be concerned with less important things than "How bad is my daily anxiety attack gonna be today"

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It's definitely controversial.
    I guess because this forum has a lot of Cass/Steph fans xD So, I guess if I say that Steph was the worst Robin or that Cass adds nothing to Batfamily, someone would eat me alive //I think I should go and hide now lol//
    But as I said, it's preference. We all have our favorites, Cass/Steph just not for me.

[QUOTE=unclepulky;2771562]

Let me put it like this.

Have you ever seen a movie? A movie that everyone's raving about, but when you go to see it, while there's a lot of stuff you like, the film just doesn't click for you, and you can't figure out why. That's this for me.

And if you don't think that's a rational way of thinking either, well, how about this? My life is really damn stressful (like most people's) and sometimes its nice to be concerned with less important things than "How bad is my daily anxiety attack gonna be today"
    Well you do you. Whatever works for you.

I guess because this forum has a lot of Cass/Steph fans xD So, I guess if I say that Steph was the worst Robin or that Cass adds nothing to Batfamily, someone would eat me alive //I think I should go and hide now lol//
    But as I said, it's preference. We all have our favorites, Cass/Steph just not for me.
    You're not alone. I don't much care for Steph as Robin I don't count her as Robin. Don't know much about Cass expect that she's like them rock em sock em robots. She's a great fighter but I'm not really interested in fighting so.......

BANNED

Look at my avatar, back to me. Now back at my avatar, back to me.

I am not my avatar. I'm just a huge fan. And now I'm going to eat your soul!

XDDD

I kid of course. Much like there's no problem with me disliking Dick and Bruce, there's nothing wrong with you not liking Cass or Steph. Everyone's opinions are valid, despite what trolls think

However, while Steph being the worst Robin is a subjective opinion, she's actually my favorite BTW, the idea that "Cass adds nothing to the Batfamily" is objectively wrong. Like I said, nothing wrong with not liking her. But that idea simply isn't true.

BANNED

Don't know much about Cass expect that she's like them rock em sock em robots. She's a great fighter but I'm not really interested in fighting so.......
    Cass being the best fighter is barely a footnote on my list of reasons why I love her. This summer, I plan on finally writing my own essay about Cass's character, but for now, this may help you understand the appeal: http://renaroo.tumblr.com/post/10019...-of-my-classes

You're not alone. I don't much care for Steph as Robin I don't count her as Robin. Don't know much about Cass expect that she's like them rock em sock em robots. She's a great fighter but I'm not really interested in fighting so.......
    For me Cass is pretty boring. And it's not like I dislike certain type of characters (like some people always bash boy-scouts, then other think anti-heroes lame, etc.), I used to click with her type of heroes, but in the past two years I read like maniac almost all Batfamily related comics and there was no story that made me care about her. I guess she is just not for me.
    As for Steph, she was Robin for like what a few issues (?) and while people can argue if she was true Robin or not, with all respect, no one can stop me from ranking her the last in my list.
    I don't dislike or hate them though.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Look at my avatar, back to me. Now back at my avatar, back to me.

I am not my avatar. I'm just a huge fan. And now I'm going to eat your soulmate !

XDDD

I kid of course. Much like there's no problem with me disliking Dick and Bruce, there's nothing wrong with you not liking Cass or Steph. Everyone's opinions are valid, despite what trolls think

However, while Steph being the worst Robin is a subjective opinion, she's actually my favorite BTW, the idea that "Cass adds nothing to the Batfamily" is objectively wrong. Like I said, nothing wrong with not liking her. But that idea simply isn't true.
    Woah, what my soulmate did to you TT__TT Though it will be hard to swallow him anyway xD

You see, we probably search for different things in our favorites, because I care about Bruce and Dick more than about anyone in Batfamily. But me thinking that Cass adds nothing to the family, still just opinion. It's not meant to be objective or subjective. For me take her down from Batfamily and nothing would change; for her fans of course it would be a different story.