Page 53 of 267 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    1) You would be wrong and it`s something easy to check these days online.

2) All new character he isn`t since they never scrapped his old character just as they didn`t when Dick became Nigthwing. But obviously after a graduation of sorts, they can`t be the kids they used to be.
    THIS

Also, RobinJason fan right here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    How do the Red Hood books do in terms of sales?
    The first Outlaws book was a surprisingly big hit for its first couple years, but lost steam towards the end. Red Hood/Arsenal and the current outlaws sold mediocre. Looks like Starfire was carrying that first series the whole time

That's good to hear. It's one of the books I'm gonna be starting to follow. I'd hate for it to be canceled on me.

Also in a technical sense, wouldn't Jason almost count as a "beloved Batfam addition of the 21st Century"? Far as I know, he had no fans before his resurrection and after that he has plenty of supporters. (lots of haters too but still popular enough) Plus he had very different characterization and everything. Basically an all new character in all but name from what I've heard.

I'm just wondering how he compares in popularity since that's what is being discussed. Is there any way to measure Bat Family popularity?
    Jason did have fans as Robin however as the Red Hood his popularity skyrocketed. I would say that currently he is probably the 2nd most popular after Dick or maybe tied 2nd with Damian. Either way dude is very popular.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    1) You would be wrong and it`s something easy to check these days online.

2) All new character he isn`t since they never scrapped his old character just as they didn`t when Dick became Nigthwing. But obviously after a graduation of sorts, they can`t be the kids they used to be.

*shrugs* Fair enough.I guess the Jason haters were exaggerating in how he was supposedly ruined forever after his resurrection. Not surprising.

My bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Jason did have fans as Robin however as the Red Hood his popularity skyrocketed. I would say that currently he is probably the 2nd most popular after Dick or maybe tied 2nd with Damian. Either way dude is very popular.
    I'd agree with this, though with the whole Family in consideration, I'd either say Babs is a little above Jason and Damian, or is at least on the same level popularity wise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He's more popular with non-comic fans actually. Among actual readers he relies on other characters to carry his books. I think he had a successful mini-series Pre-Flashpoint but I don't know how well that would've carried over into a Red Hood solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    He's more popular with non-comic fans actually. Among actual readers he relies on other characters to carry his books. I think he had a successful mini-series Pre-Flashpoint but I don't know how well that would've carried over into a Red Hood solo.
    This is also true.

Speaking as someone who's LOVING it, I'm kind of curious how non-comic reading Jason fans would feel about his more heroic portrayal these days.

BANNED

The first Outlaws book was a surprisingly big hit for its first couple years, but lost steam towards the end. Red Hood/Arsenal and the current outlaws sold mediocre. Looks like Starfire was carrying that first series the whole time

Extraordinary Member

He's more popular with non-comic fans actually. Among actual readers he relies on other characters to carry his books.
    I would claim that he is mostly the one who carries RHatO, especally now with Bizzaro and Artemis on the team, who are both not really big draws.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I would claim that he is mostly the one who carries RHatO, especally now with Bizzaro and Artemis on the team, who are both not really big draws.
    And the book isn't doing that well. Sales aren't God-awful or anything but it's far from a hit. Not like it was when Kori was on the team.

BANNED

And the book isn't doing that well. Sales aren't God-awful or anything but it's far from a hit. Not like it was when Kori was on the team.
    Please stop referring to that sexual goldfish as Kory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Please stop referring to that sexual goldfish as Kory.
    LOL, the only good version of Kori we've gotten since the reboot was this.

IMG_9977.jpg

Considering how well received that book was, I'm surprised they didn't make it the basis for Rebirth Starfire.

BANNED

LOL, the only good version of Kori we've gotten since the reboot was this.

IMG_9977.jpg

Considering how well received that book was, I'm surprised they didn't make it the basis for Rebirth Starfire.
    I mean, Starfire in Teen Titans has been pretty good so far.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    This is also true.

Speaking as someone who's LOVING it, I'm kind of curious how non-comic reading Jason fans would feel about his more heroic portrayal these days.

Hello, I'm here because Under the Red Hood was a fantastic movie and I want to see more.

Personally, while I have much to read, I don't mind the idea of him being more heroic.The allure of Jason for me is the bad boy thing .I can admit it without shame. The Bat Family black sheep is interesting.

But you can't ride that horse forever. He's been back for years now, there has to be some kind of development. Besides, I hear he was mostly just used as a punching bag for the "real" Bat Family when he was a straight-up antagonist. Seems logical, villains rarely win for obvious reasons.

Does he kill people? I don't mean machinegun waving maniac, I just mean is he at least still renouncing Bats' ridiculous rule? (I admire Bruce for having that rule but I don't agree with it)

BANNED

Does he kill people? I don't mean machinegun waving maniac, I just mean is he at least still renouncing Bats' ridiculous rule? (I admire Bruce for having that rule but I don't agree with it)
    The general idea in the current book is that he's willing to kill, but won't do it if not necessary, and NEVER in Gotham.