Page 54 of 267 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    LOL you're wrong. We Are Robin was a bomb even compared to the other DCYou books.

Attachment 48706

By issue #8 was outsold by Black Canary, Starfire, Martian Manhunter, Batman Beyond with Tim Drake, Cyborg, and Gotham Academy. Even Omega Men was a bigger success when you factor in trade sales. The only reason it didn't do worse was because it was a Robin War tie-in.

Heads up, don't try to use sales figures against me. I've done my homework
    I knew someone would look at the numbers at issue 8 to score point without remember the context. The was a shipment problem with issue 8 of We are Robin ( and other books) and was eventually shipped later and accounted for in the next month which was about 10,500 units
    Sale 3.jpg

Which would mean that its total estimate estimate would be around 22 000 units. Higher than Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Batman Beyond with Tim Drake and Cyborg.

If you took your time and actually did your home work better you would have seen that it bounced back in the following months.
    sales 1.jpg

As you can see We are Robin units sold in issue 9 was higher than Cyborg, Martian Manhunter ,Batman Beyond and Black Canary (was at est. 14000 units, not in the attachment).

Also We are Robin did well in digital sale during.

Statistics, data analysis and sales records are my field of expertise, this is why I know when I see sharp dip in number, you should do a bit of research and not just stop when I feel like I found the numbers that prove my point
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 04-29-2017 at 09:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    None of those hooks have bait on them...

Extraordinary Member

And the book isn't doing that well. Sales aren't God-awful or anything but it's far from a hit. Not like it was when Kori was on the team.
    The sales dropped in the region they are now allready around 15 issues before Kory left the team.

The sales are currently not that great, but the book is still outselling Batgirl, Birds of Prey and Deathstroke in the last month (OK not by much).

But it is sometimes hard to say if it is just the popularity of the charcater. RHatO and RH/A were pre rebith for a long time among the DC books that consitently got the worst reviews. Lobdell himself was also quite controversial due to who Starfire was written in the early issues, and his Teen Titans run. And it is nor like there was much done to to give Jason a push (more the oposite if I look at the Batfamily events) or make the book feel relevant for the Batfranchise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    This I will agree with. In fact, Damian aside, she's probably the most beloved Batfam addition of the 21st Century. Still, unless someone was able to wrangle up undeniable proof, somehow, nothing could get me to believe that Kate has a stronger fanbase than Tim, Steph, Cass, or Hell, even Huntress.
    I agree with Tim, Steph and Cass, but I don't think that Huntress has such a strong fanbase.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I agree with Tim, Steph and Cass, but I don't think that Huntress has such a strong fanbase.
    Definitely not as strong as the Batkids, but while she's always had a decent sized fanbase, I think Simone's BoP run earned her a lot of fans. (If you haven't read the run, she really was at her best there.) Maybe these days Kate has surpassed her thanks to her recent solos and now 'Tec, its definitely closer than the gap between her and the 90's kids, but just based on what I've seen around different forums and IRL, I don't think Kate's as popular as Helena overall, and certainly not more than Helena was at her peak.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I knew someone would look at the numbers at issue 8 to score point without remember the context. The was a shipment problem with issue 8 of We are Robin ( and other books) and was eventually shipped later and accounted for in the next month which was about 10,500 units
    Sale 3.jpg

Which would mean that its total estimate estimate would be around 22 000 units. Higher than Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Batman Beyond with Tim Drake and Cyborg.

If you took your time and actually did your home work better you would have seen that it bounced back in the following months.
    sales 1.jpg

As you can see We are Robin units sold in issue 9 was higher than Cyborg, Martian Manhunter ,Batman Beyond and Black Canary (was at est. 14000 units, not in the attachment).

Also We are Robin did well in digital sale during.

Statistics, data analysis and sales records are my field of expertise, this is why I know when I see sharp dip in number, you should do a bit of research and not just stop when I feel like I found the numbers that prove my point
    You left out the part where it dipped down to 16k the very next month.

IMG_9974.jpg

So that little shipping error didn't make much of a difference in the end. But, I already acknowledged the sales increase in a previous post which you either ignored or didn't notice. So maybe you should go back and actually read my posts before responding

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Hahaha, I'm dying...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hahaha, I'm dying...
    Carabas is the master of quips.

Hint: notice the difference

LOL, the only good version of Kori we've gotten since the reboot was this.

Attachment 48714

Considering how well received that book was, I'm surprised they didn't make it the basis for Rebirth Starfire.
    I liked her in that. I enjoy her being her more cheerful self and the concept of it, but I felt like they made her a little too clueless on human customs just for laughs. Still it was good seeing Starfire feeling more familiar and definitely out of the tape costume.

BANNED

LOL, the only good version of Kori we've gotten since the reboot was this.

Attachment 48714

Considering how well received that book was, I'm surprised they didn't make it the basis for Rebirth Starfire.
    I`m not. The book was a vaccum cleaner.

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Definitely not as strong as the Batkids, but while she's always had a decent sized fanbase, I think Simone's BoP run earned her a lot of fans. (If you haven't read the run, she really was at her best there.) Maybe these days Kate has surpassed her thanks to her recent solos and now 'Tec, its definitely closer than the gap between her and the 90's kids, but just based on what I've seen around different forums and IRL, I don't think Kate's as popular as Helena overall, and certainly not more than Helena was at her peak.
    But the current Helena is not really the pre crisis one (maybe Rebith can somehow restore her). And even back than she never had a long running solo.

Personally I like the old Helena would certainly prefer to have her over Kate, but there seems to be lot of excitment for Kates series. I'm courios to see how ucsessfull her series will be after all the efford they put into pushing her in TEC.

I hope Helena and Kate meet up. I enjoyed their Convergence story with Renee

And yeah look Barbara's new personality sucks. I get they want to appeal to young teen girls, but it does not feel like Babs. I'm not even in my mid twenties and I get frustrated with this neutered down version of Babs. Batgirl Year One had exactly the right formula for what DC thinks they're producing at the moment. With New 52, having her as Batgirl with PTSD was powerful and I read how former military people were actually praising Gail Simone for the research and how they thanked her for having that represented. It was refreshing to see PTSD explored in the superhero genre through such an iconic heroine. But her current character it's like when you want an animated Teen Titans revival but instead you get Teen Titans Go.

It's also weird that Kate is now the older of the two and Babs is now only like two years older than Jason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post

It's also weird that Kate is now the older of the two and Babs is now only like two years older than Jason.
    And even though she's still older, she looks no older than Cass and Steph, so when they're together, Steph has met her, Cass hasn't, it's super surreal for anyone who read their Batgirl runs.