Page 55 of 267 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    And even though she's still older, she looks no older than Cass and Steph, so when they're together, Steph has met her, Cass hasn't, it's super surreal for anyone who read their Batgirl runs.
    they basically replaced Barbara with Kate as Cass Mentor.

And even though she's still older, she looks no older than Cass and Steph, so when they're together, Steph has met her, Cass hasn't, it's super surreal for anyone who read their Batgirl runs.
    Yeah, I hope they at least age her up to 25 soon (which I think was her original age when she became Batgirl before retcons). 21 is far too young for Babs to be with her history (but it also has the implication that TKJ falls at the time when she was about 17 given the time line and history they've presented which makes TKJ have a much worse squeak factor to it if that was possible.)
    I also hate how they're drawing her short nowadays. She used to be about 5"11 and now she's down at like tiny levels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And while I'm obviously not happy about that, I'm OK with it, just so long as they don't have Cass start to think of Kate as a mother, as I've said before,

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't mind Kate having a relationship with Cass, but Barbara's relationship will always be more powerful and it's annoying that they haven't even talked to each other yet. Barbara was so important in Cass's life and it's bull that it's not even worthy of at least a page of panel time for them to actually have met even in B&RE. It's one of the best Batfam dynamics and I'm not saying Babs has to automatically be a mentor figure right away but it's just Babs used to actively involve herself into mentoring and taking care of Cass and even that was a learning experience for Babs. I mean recently Cass got kicked out of Stephanie's apartment so Stephanie can have her boyfriend time and no one followed up on Cass's wandering around especially with her past and developing skills?? A lot of head scratchers. Like even Babs being her english tutor at this point, I'm desperate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I don't mind Kate having a relationship with Cass, but Barbara's relationship will always be more powerful and it's annoying that they haven't even talked to each other yet. Barbara was so important in Cass's life and it's bull that it's not even worthy of at least a page of panel time for them to actually have met even in B&RE. It's one of the best Batfam dynamics and I'm not saying Babs has to automatically be a mentor figure right away but it's just Babs used to actively involve herself into mentoring and taking care of Cass and even that was a learning experience for Babs. I mean recently Cass got kicked out of Stephanie's apartment so Stephanie can have her boyfriend time and no one followed up on Cass's wandering around especially with her past and developing skills?? A lot of head scratchers. Like even Babs being her english tutor at this point, I'm desperate.
    QFT.

I really don't know how Cass would interact with Burnside Babs, but if she can't have her old relationship with Cass ( and I REALLY do agree that that's one of the best dynamics), at least having her at a tutor would be kind of nice.

And while I'm obviously not happy about that, I'm OK with it, just so long as they don't have Cass start to think of Kate as a mother, as I've said before,
    I've been thinking about this recently, and while I also want them to be more sisterly or aunt-niece, I can see Cass defaulting to that because I'm not 100% sure she knows what an aunt is.

It would make for a hilariously awkward scene where Kate tries to delicately put a kibosh on the whole "mom" angle.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I've been thinking about this recently, and while I also want them to be more sisterly or aunt-niece, I can see Cass defaulting to that because I'm not 100% sure she knows what an aunt is.

It would make for a hilariously awkward scene where Kate tries to delicately put a kibosh on the whole "mom" angle.
    Well, we now know that Carolyn IS out there so she may learn down the line.

And yeah, that'd be a pretty fun scene.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    You left out the part where it dipped down to 16k the very next month.

Attachment 48717

So that little shipping error didn't make much of a difference in the end. But, I already acknowledged the sales increase in a previous post which you either ignored or didn't notice. So maybe you should go back and actually read my posts before responding
    No I didn't leave that out, I didn't say that We Are Robin was a hit. I did say it sold better than most DC You books, and I am right.

In that same month;
    Red Hood Arsenal 17,707
    We Are Robin 16,412 * on par with Jason's numbers but better than the other DC You titles.
    Martian Manhunter 13,761
    Cyborg 13,578
    Black Canary 13,566
    Midnighter 9,803

We Are Robin number are higher that most of the non Batman DC You titles.

If you want to say that We Are Robin got a sale boost from Robin Wars the numbers shows the RedHood tie in gave Jason the same benefit. We Are Robin and Redhood had similar rates of increase sales;

The issue before Robin Wars;
    Red Hood Arsenal 19,857
    We Are Robin 19,210

Robin Wars/ tie in
    We Are Robin 28,181
    Red Hood Arsenal 25,789

And both books fell within and maintain close enough numbers after the event for the rest of their run.

However, the overall point I was trying to make that a Batman book with a non core Batfamily member was at least able to;
    1. Sell at the same rate as Jason's book (RedHood and Arsenal)
    2. It also did better that most of the DC You titles with bigger names.

So how was We Are Robin a bomb even compared to the other DC You books ? Which is what you were saying.

Outside of Starfire, We are Robin maintain better sales than almost all the non Batman family DC You titles to the end of its run.

The only sales hit from DC You was Damian's book.

I was not disagreeing with you that fans want to read core Batfamily members, I think they do. However, I was just showing that We Are Robin was able to keep close enough to a Batfamily member that have a strong fan base, while not having a core Bat family member.

Edit: My bigger point was that there should be more Batbooks if DC want to use the brand to launch new character, because I understand why they would do that.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 04-29-2017 at 03:42 PM.

BANNED

Did We Are Robin ended because Azzarelo felt the story was told or because of sales, really? It culminates in Robin:War and then Duke just takes the next logical step partnering with Batman.

Mighty Member

Speaking of family I hope they expand Huntress position in the Bat family. NuHelena is in an odd position with being connected to Dick and Babs and not much else. But as one of the few women of color at D.C. and in the family outside of Cass, I hope she gets more integration.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Did We Are Robin ended because Azzarelo felt the story was told or because of sales, really? It culminates in Robin:War and then Duke just takes the next logical step partnering with Batman.
    As far as I can tell, it ended because sales didn't justify relaunching it (though that poses the question of why Gotham Academy is justified, but people tell me "the book market" or something), and Bermejo wasn't generating the kind of fan buzz that indicates there's some way to increase the readership. Plus, Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Speaking of family I hope they expand Huntress position in the Bat family. NuHelena is in an odd position with being connected to Dick and Babs and not much else. But as one of the few women of color at D.C. and in the family outside of Cass, I hope she gets more integration.
    I would like that as well - but remember, it took almost a decade before Helena really got any traction in the Batfamily the first time. She was connected to Bruce and Tim, but both of them were wary of her. Not until she teamed up with Nightwing did she start making any serious inroads, and that was really fits and starts until 2003 when she joined the Birds.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I can't take credit for this one. It comes courtesy of Shellhead, over on the Rumbles board, but I totally agree with it.

You know how Marvel likes to retcon any low-showings for Doctor Doom with the "It was a Doombot" excuse?

Well? Every Batgod moment isn't really Batman at all. It's just Batmite playing at being Batman!

The mystery is finally solved!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I can't take credit for this one. It comes courtesy of Shellhead, over on the Rumbles board, but I totally agree with it.

You know how Marvel likes to retcon any low-showings for Doctor Doom with the "It was a Doombot" excuse?

Well? Every Batgod moment isn't really Batman at all. It's just Batmite playing at being Batman!

The mystery is finally solved!
    This is crazy enough to actually be canon.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is crazy enough to actually be canon.
    I know, right?

It explains EVERYTHING!

It certainly explains how he can beat up gods in Justice League, and yet has trouble with a clown in his own books.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    It was actually written by Lee Bermejo, who said that this was the story he wanted to tell, but I also think sales and Rebirth where bigger factors in any decisions made.

I personally, I think that the writers missed an opportunity when the didn't have Tim Drake be the one behind the scenes building a team of Robin, it would have fit his New 52 personality.