Page 6 of 267 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Dick is the only one that is absolutely essential to the mythos. Babs is a distant second, and the rest aren't even close.
    I'd put Alfred and Gordon both way above Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Oracle is a better character then Batgirl for several reasons.
    1. She's a more unique character. Between Huntress, Batwoman and Spoiler how many Female Batman Analogues do we need?
    2. With the exception of Batgirl year 1 all the good Barbera Gordon stories are Oracle stories.
    3. Oracle plays a more important role in the DCU then Batgirl ever will. Putting her back in costume is almost a demotion.
    Yup, yup and yup.

FWIW, Cass was the best Batgirl by a mile - but I wish they'd kept her limited to barely speaking.

Astonishing Member

Selina and Slam, Sr. make a way better couple than Bruce and Selina.

Babs' true love is Ted Kord, not Dick Grayson.

The League of Assassins gradually and quite obviously became a ripoff of the ninja clan The Hand Frank Miller created for Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Selina and Slam, Sr. make a way better couple than Bruce and Selina.

Babs' true love is Ted Kord, not Dick Grayson.

The League of Assassins gradually and quite obviously became a ripoff of the ninja clan The Hand Frank Miller created for Daredevil.
    Except that the League Of Assassins came first.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Except that the League Of Assassins came first.
    Yeah, but they weren't ninjas. That didn't come until waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy later (we're talking the earliest the '90s, here, years after The Hand were first introduced).

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Why do so many of you want Tim Drake to be gay? His character has never been gay, it doesn't make any sense... Snyder has already written a gay character, in the form of Cullen (and possibly Harper) Row. Homosexuality is not so common that there needs to be multiple relevant gay characters in the mythos...
    I don't see the problem with increasing the number or relevant, gay Bat-characters from 0 to 1.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I don't see the problem with increasing the number or relevant, gay Bat-characters from 0 to 1.
    Well, there's Batwoman.

Well, there's Batwoman.
    I haven't read her book in a while. Does she have anything to do with the rest of "family" outside of having Bat in her name?

Astonishing Member

I haven't read her book in a while. Does she have anything to do with the rest of "family" outside of having Bat in her name?
    Well, during the new 52 she's come across Batman and Batgirl on occasion, but I can see where you're coming from. I just don't see Tim as being gay, though, personally. Damien, maybe.

Well, during the new 52 she's come across Batman and Batgirl on occasion, but I can see where you're coming from. I just don't see Tim as being gay, though, personally. Damien, maybe.
    Why would you want Damian to be gay either he's a little kid wtf
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Astonishing Member

Why would you want Damian to be gay either he's a little kid wtf
    I honestly don't care either way, but I can see it. At least more than Tim.

Homosexuality is around 5-10% of the population. Batwoman and Cullen Row are Bat-mythos characters that are both somewhat relevant right now (or will be in the near future) and they're both gay. There's no significant absence of gay characters and there's no need for more when that wouldn't even make sense with the % of homosexuals in the world. Out of 4 Robins I don't get why people on this forum think at least 1 of them should be gay when only 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 people are gay.
    I couldn't care less about whether or not having a gay Robin would reflect the population. The Robins are also all white males (Damian being a slight exception) with black hair. That can't be an accurate reflection of the world's population. What about the blondes and the brunettes, and shouldn't at least one of them be black? It's all pretty irrelevant.

I couldn't care less about whether or not having a gay Robin would reflect the population. The Robins are also all white males (Damian being a slight exception) with black hair. That can't be an accurate reflection of the world's population. What about the blondes and the brunettes, and shouldn't at least one of them be black? It's all pretty irrelevant.
    Not necessarily. Batman isn't exactly picking these kids out of a hat.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Homosexuality is around 5-10% of the population. Batwoman and Cullen Row are Bat-mythos characters that are both somewhat relevant right now (or will be in the near future) and they're both gay. There's no significant absence of gay characters and there's no need for more when that wouldn't even make sense with the % of homosexuals in the world. Out of 4 Robins I don't get why people on this forum think at least 1 of them should be gay when only 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 people are gay.
    The notion of "too many gay characters" is pretty funny. That's not really how population reflection works, and in any case I think the comics ask us to accept a lot more fantastic ideas than more than two homosexuals running in the same circle.

Damian is impossible to say, especially since he's dead. I doubt the comics would have explored it anyway but there's nothing impossible about having a gay 10 year old.

As far as Tim goes (I think he was the first mentioned in this thread), well... I think he's absolutely redundant. I think Dick and Damian have the whole "Robin" thing covered. He made sense in the '90s when Nightwing was doing his own thing but now all he really does is lead the Titans, and they're not very good at the moment. Make Tim gay, reveal his Saiyan heritage, give him a time traveling pet dog, whatever.

Astonishing Member

Well, it seems pretty clear that TPTB seem to think Dick's redundant considering they took him out of a costume altogether. That isn't a diss, btw. Dick's one of my favorite characters. It just seems as if no one has any idea of what to do with him. With Tim they at least have a pretty decent idea.