Page 62 of 267 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Throw Harper in there, and you've got your five teenagers with attitude ready to become the Power Rangers! XD Seriously, they're color coded, Duke's suit looks like some Power Rangers uniforms already (And actually as a huge PR fan I dig that), and as seen in Monster Men, the Batfamily has Zords! It's perfect!

Really though, at this point, Duke NEEDS more relationships in the Batfam. The fast food restaurant scene is the best thing to come out King's run!

Just look at Clayface, an even NEWER addition the Family. Being re-introduced in a team book meant he could instantly start making relationships, and both his development on his own during the Victim Syndicate, as well as his interactions with Bruce, Cass, and Luke have all helped to flesh out the character.

Honestly, while seeing Duke interact with my favorites on a team COULD actually be cool so long as they didn't make him consistently look better than the others, I'd settle just for having Duke's back-up stories be Brave and the Bold style. Introduce him to the rest of the Family one by one in short team-ups.
    This^^it's such a simple thing and so obvious I don't know why they don't do stuff like that. Sometimes I think they like division and fighting amongst fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Exactly so they are new voices showing support and that is increased support to the few when I joined.
    You missed my point. My point was, no one on these boards seems to have changed their mind about Duke since 2016. Everyone who hated him still hates him and his defenders are still using the exact same arguments. Nothing's changed.

BANNED

I don't know about the rest of you but when I hate a character the LAST thing I want to see is them hooking up with my favorites. In fact I find it revolting.

If you hate Tim Drake but love Dick and Damian would more interaction among those 3 make you like Tim more? Of course it wouldn't, it's the exact same character you hate wasting the time of your personal favorites. The Gotham teens have better things to do than waste their time salvaging a broken character.

Mighty Member

Throw Harper in there, and you've got your five teenagers with attitude ready to become the Power Rangers! XD Seriously, they're color coded, Duke's suit looks like some Power Rangers uniforms already (And actually as a huge PR fan I dig that), and as seen in Monster Men, the Batfamily has Zords! It's perfect!

Really though, at this point, Duke NEEDS more relationships in the Batfam. The fast food restaurant scene is the best thing to come out King's run!

Just look at Clayface, an even NEWER addition the Family. Being re-introduced in a team book meant he could instantly start making relationships, and both his development on his own during the Victim Syndicate, as well as his interactions with Bruce, Cass, and Luke have all helped to flesh out the character.

Honestly, while seeing Duke interact with my favorites on a team COULD actually be cool so long as they didn't make him consistently look better than the others, I'd settle just for having Duke's back-up stories be Brave and the Bold style. Introduce him to the rest of the Family one by one in short team-ups.
    This was something similar to what they where planning pre Rebirth, if DC You was a success a new BOP type of book but Rebirth happened and the decided to put most of the Batkids in Detective, and for whatever reason Johns wanted Tim off the board.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you but when I hate a character the LAST thing I want to see is them hooking up with my favorites. In fact I find it revolting.

If you hate Tim Drake but love Dick and Damian would more interaction among those 3 make you like Tim more? Of course it wouldn't, it's the exact same character you hate wasting the time of your personal favorites. The Gotham teens have better things to do than waste their time salvaging a broken character.
    I don't know. If Tim and Duke got a team book, I could see Tim fans eventually growing to like Duke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't know. If Tim and Duke got a team book, I could see Tim fans eventually growing to like Duke.
    Not this one.

That would be awesome!

I really think Duke should have been in TEC or maybe as a male sidekick for the BofP or something, cause I think characters relationships are sometimes what makes characters most interesting

You missed my point. My point was, no one on these boards seems to have changed their mind about Duke since 2016. Everyone who hated him still hates him and his defenders are still using the exact same arguments. Nothing's changed.
    And I am telling you that's not true. People like TheKid, Aioros22 are just 2 off the top of my head. There are more whose ids I can't remember off the top of my head and I just couldn't be bothered to go check.

I agree. Dd interacting with Tim will likely only result in me hating Tim more since his presence will over serve to sully the perfection that is Dick and Damian.

But that's just cos I REALLY hate Tim.
    However seeing as that poll which you put stock in states that the majority are indifferent to Duke then more interaction could sway them.

Indifference isn't hate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    And I am telling you that's not true. People like TheKid, Aioros22 are just 2 off the top of my head. There are more whose ids I can't remember off the top of my head and I just couldn't be bothered to go check.
    Oh look.

IMG_9995.jpg

Aioros22 has been defending Duke since June 2016, he hasn't been swayed at all. Nice try
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 04-30-2017 at 03:08 PM.

7e7.jpg

Might post a real opinion later.

I thought I might weigh in here.

Duke is in a weird spot for me. Like many members of the extended Batfamily, I find his existence unnecessary. He is also a monument of much of what I have come to dislike about Scott Snyder's period as head of the Batline: his desire to leave a lasting mark on the mythos over good stories. Interviews where Snyder talks about the difficulty of finding a role for Duke solidifies in my mind without a doubt that he was created to placify his ego first and to tell stories second.

On the other hand, I have found him to be quite likable when written by other writers such as Tom King in both Robin War and I am Bane. And though I find his existence superfluous and he sometimes takes me out of a story, this is no different than any member of the Detective Comics cast.

So while I used to hate Duke Thomas, I would say that attitude towards him has mellowed somewhat. While I don't think that I can say that I like him, more hot and cold than anything, I'm certainly not a Duke hater like I used to be.

I think that my change in attitude of many posters here. Not all of the former Duke haters have become Duke fans, but their dislike has subsided to a degree that they are rather indifferent about it and don't feel the need to attack him. We've seen a quieting resistance and a growing population of new members who enjoy him. Like their counterparts in politics, comics conservatives often lose the long term battle against change as it is normalized to a new generation.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 04-30-2017 at 04:11 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Like their counterparts in politics, comics conservatives often lose the long term battle against change as it is normalized to a new generation.
    Ahem.

IMG_9996.JPG

Democracy. Federalism. Slavery. Woman's Rights. Desegregation. Gay marriage. Up next marijuana. Long term.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Oh look, its the Nazi Cheetoh who despite being a real person is somehow more evil than Lex Luthor.