Page 67 of 267 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I stared reading DC comics only at the end of 2015, yet even I was horrified with what they did to the characters.
    I was reading when n52 was starting, I was very confused because "? Why are they acting so different?"

Controversial opinion/idea:

Bruce should be the only one putting themselves directly in harm's way. This is his war and his cause alone. He can and should haves allies like Alfred, Leslie, Lucius and Jim as they presently are.

But all the underage (less than 18 yrs) Robins and Batgirls should not be going up against adult criminal psychopaths.

They should collectively be much more akin to Sherlock Holmes' "Baker Street Irregulars": Bruce's eyes and ears on the street. They can have codenames but no costumes. They rarely if ever fight anything beyond henchmen by themselves.

No one else is probably going to like that idea, but well, there it is for your judgment anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Controversial opinion/idea:

Bruce should be the only one putting themselves directly in harm's way. This is his war and his cause alone. He can and should haves allies like Alfred, Leslie, Lucius and Jim as they presently are.

But all the underage (less than 18 yrs) Robins and Batgirls should not be going up against adult criminal psychopaths.

They should collectively be much more akin to Sherlock Holmes' "Baker Street Irregulars": Bruce's eyes and ears on the street. They can have codenames but no costumes. They rarely if ever fight anything beyond henchmen by themselves.

No one else is probably going to like that idea, but well, there it is for your judgment anyway.
    If you think its a matter of age that's the problem, you must have REALLY hated the 90's where there were pretty much just as many teen heroes running around as adults. (If not MORE)

I'd also like to point out that "18 means adult" is not a universal concept.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    If you think its a matter of age that's the problem, you must have REALLY hated the 90's where there were pretty much just as many teen heroes running around as adults. (If not MORE)
    As "amoral" the idea is, i miss the times when there were more teen heroes than adults

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    As "amoral" the idea is, i miss the times when there were more teen heroes than adults
    Same! Especially since all of those teen books were so damn good!

Get her.jpg

I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed that I can name all these kids XD

Same! Especially since all of those teen books were so damn good!

Get her.jpg

I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed that I can name all these kids XD
    I'm not sure if I should be disappointed that I can't .

I was reading when n52 was starting, I was very confused because "? Why are they acting so different?"
    I guess even if new readers think you screwed-up, then you for sure did something wrong.

BANNED

We are DC fans, we are always angry.
    Not angry enough if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Not angry enough if you ask me.
    Well, we managed to get rebirth, didn't we?

BANNED

Post deleted.

Ultimate Member

But the damage to everybody was not undone.

Forcing John, Guy & Kyle fans to read Hal's love letter book is not a solution.

Two guys named Wally is not a solution.

Getting rid of Jason Rusch is not a solution

Cyborg still being a joke is not a solution.

The first two years of Rebirth should be about getting fans BACK not cherry picking who you want back.

I should not have to give up Tim for Duke, I should be able to have both in some form. I rather have a series about Tim in college with some of the MIA guys from his era in it. That could lead to a Young Justice series or a book in the vein of New Warriors. The same with Duke and the We Are Robin kids. Two new bat franchises that can be used like Harley to expand the empire. And do stories that can be done without messing up the other.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But the damage to everybody was not undone.

Forcing John, Guy & Kyle fans to read Hal's love letter book is not a solution.
    Well, given that book isn't really that much of a Hal Jordan love letter and each of the other Earth Lanterns have had decent focus across it's run, I think it's as good a solution as we can get with only two Lantern books and all 4 stuck in one book.

Two guys named Wally is not a solution.
    I don't think having two Wally Wests is ideal, but I personally think it's working for the best right now between Titans, Flash, and Teen Titans unless you want much more of OG!Wally.

Getting rid of Jason Rusch is not a solution
    The stuff with Jason was pre-Rebirth, and it's not like Firestorm is around in general for that to really be an issue yet.

Cyborg still being a joke is not a solution.
    Define "joke." His sales aren't as great as they could be, but I've heard his solo is actually decent and I can't say there's been anything in his League appearances that warrants calling him a joke.

The first two years of Rebirth should be about getting fans BACK not cherry picking who you want back.
    And haven't they for the most part? I don't think they're cherry-picking so much as just trying to do the best they can and include all the versions or characters that fans like without needing to downplay or discredit their main heroes.

I should not have to give up Tim for Duke, I should be able to have both in some form. I rather have a series about Tim in college with some of the MIA guys from his era in it. That could lead to a Young Justice series or a book in the vein of New Warriors. The same with Duke and the We Are Robin kids. Two new bat franchises that can be used like Harley to expand the empire. And do stories that can be done without messing up the other.
    I don't think you need to give up Tim for Duke, much like I don't feel like enjoying Jon or Wally II means giving up on Conner and Bart, since there are obviously plans for them and the Young Justice generation given their notable absence in Rebirth.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Myths and horror. Snyder and Capullo doing a Wonder Woman title should be great.

Wes Anderson should do a campy Batmovie. Look at his insane setpieces and costumes! Tonally Batman'66.

After Gotham Academy (boarding school) I'd like to see a different institution: a hotel. Think of all the stuff that could happen there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post

After Gotham Academy (boarding school) I'd like to see a different institution: a hotel. Think of all the stuff that could happen there.
    The Bat Life of Zack and Cody

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Bat Life of Zack and Cody
    Hmmmm... I was thinking Grand Budapest Hotel or The Shining. Zack and Miri I know at least.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 05-03-2017 at 01:05 PM.