Page 68 of 267 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3996
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Why do you like Dark Knight, Dark City, guys? Never cared much for it but it ties into Morrison's run, no?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Why do you like Dark Knight, Dark City, guys? Never cared much for it but it ties into Morrison's run, no?
    The other way round: Morrison's run ties into Dark Knight, Dark City.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The other way round: Morrison's run ties into Dark Knight, Dark City.
    My mistake. Did you like it? I don't but kinda want to? Am I missing an angle?

BANNED

I thought it was a clever little story that made the riddler something else than a joke for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I thought it was a clever little story that made the riddler something else than a joke for a change.
    Oh, Ok. I like Riddler more than most of the rogues gallery and a little goofy fits him well. For example: Yay, Dini Riddler and Gorshin Riddler. Nay, Winnick Riddler and Rocksteady Riddler. Oh, Snyder Riddler I liked as well.

BANNED

Oh, Ok. I like Riddler more than most of the rogues gallery and a little goofy fits him well. For example: Yay, Dini Riddler and Gorshin Riddler. Nay, Winnick Riddler and Rocksteady Riddler. Oh, Snyder Riddler I liked as well.
    Good old Edward Nigma is definitely among my favorite Bat Rogues. Right up there with the original Ventriloquist and Pre-Flashpoint David Cain. (I like Clayface more than them, but only now that he's a hero, and Catman is my favorite DC villain in general, but I'm not if he still counts as a Batman rogue.)

Rocksteady Riddler's got Wally Wingert's performance and the writing really going for him in my opinion .

If Batman has to pop up on Arrow I wanna see a take similar to how he was portrayed in Beware the Batman. He was younger and more cerebral plus more optimistic with a dry sense of humor. Just felt like it be a better foil for Ollie given how he's portrayed in the show.

The only truly important supporting characters to the Batman mythos are Alfred and James Gordon. Everyone else is negligible and can easily be replaced in different adaptations. That includes many characters I enjoy but I still think Bruce, Alfred, and Gordon are the only necessary absolutes

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The only truly important supporting characters to the Batman mythos are Alfred and James Gordon. Everyone else is negligible and can easily be replaced in different adaptations. That includes many characters I enjoy but I still think Bruce, Alfred, and Gordon are the only necessary absolutes
    I think you could extend that to potentially Robin and Catwoman, because of how integral they are and how important the roles they play in the mythos are.

Though I guess Catwoman also still counts as a rogue and not a supporting character .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you could extend that to potentially Robin and Catwoman, because of how integral they are and how important the roles they play in the mythos are.

Though I guess Catwoman also still counts as a rogue and not a supporting character .
    Yeah I consider Catwoman to be more a rogue who straddles that line. If you're including villains, then Joker is probably #3 and possibly even #2 behind only Batman himself. Hell, I think Batman v. Joker is as established with the general audience as a Batman and Robin team, possibly even more so considering how big The Dark Knight was almost 10 years ago (wow time flies..)

Robin is a very interesting concept in that I think he's def up there but he's not necessarily as important as Alfred and Gordon. I kinda am confused about where to put him. Ultimately though I think the concept of 'Robin' is an important supporting character but not necessarily any particular one themselves. If you know what I mean.. lol I don't know if I worded that properly

I don't know, robin think robin is very important to batman even more that alfred and jim but just in a different way. robins role for the bat franchise is different, al and jim are important for gotham story's and solo batman but robin helps extend the the Batman brand to young kids and the greater dcu.

plus batman may not need robin now but in the 40s,50s and 60s he did or he may not be were he is today.

BANNED

If Robin was all that important his name wouldstill be Dick Grayson.

The concept of Robin is important, the actual character in the Robin suit far less so. You can tell by how many of them there are.

the only reason why there are so many robins is because dick left the role behide so DC milked it to dead. now DC has more robins (and batgirls) then they know what to do with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    the only reason why there are so many robins is because dick left the role behide so DC milked it to dead. now DC has more robins (and batgirls) then they know what to do with.
    The only reason there are so many Robins is because it's not important who Robin is.

Jason Todd became Robin in 1983 (Batman #366); Dick became Nightwing in 1984, more than half a year later (Tales of the Teen Titans #44).

Dick Grayon at the time made DC a lot more money as a Titans leader than as a Batman sidekick.