Page 70 of 267 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3996

He was still under Wolfman control and as shown with Grayson he can survive without an identity. Not to mention Jason Todd started in the 80's and never made it out of the 80's while Dick was around sine 1940. It would be unimaginable that they would let him just fade into obscurity.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see Dick back as Robin coming out of Death in the Family. Part of the impetus of that story was doing away with Robin in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    So if Nightwing was unpopular, and you don't think he'd go back to Robin, what do you think would happen with Dick?
    Some of the marketing/hype for A LONELY PLACE OF DYING in 1989 did initially lead readers to think that perhaps Dick would return to being Robin at that point.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    Yeah, Jim Gordon has a unique role. It's not the same when somebody takes his place as Police Commissioner, because his relationship with Batman is special.

Attachment 49783

Attachment 49784

Attachment 49785
    I'm not sure if this sarcasm or not...

Honestly, I LIKE Jim Gordon... but I don't see him as 'unique'. There was a time when he retired and someone else was Commissioner... Any police with a cooperating eye would fill that spot just the same.

If Renee Montoya from the animated series became Commissioner I could see those panels playing out exactly the same way.

Alfred?? I don't like how they use him lately... They can't decide between hired help and father figure and it REALLY doesn't work on BOTH levels. Batman at his core is a man who lost his parents and became dark and intense... he raised Robin so he Wouldn't be like he turned out... If Alfred was there in the beginning and raising him as it claims now... What the heck happened??

It's one of the worst things about 'Gotham'... I LOVE the guy playing Alfred... but he's personally creating Batman intentionally and Bruce isn't going to be a self-made man anymore... The story falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm not sure if this sarcasm or not...

Honestly, I LIKE Jim Gordon... but I don't see him as 'unique'. There was a time when he retired and someone else was Commissioner... Any police with a cooperating eye would fill that spot just the same.

If Renee Montoya from the animated series became Commissioner I could see those panels playing out exactly the same way.

Alfred?? I don't like how they use him lately... They can't decide between hired help and father figure and it REALLY doesn't work on BOTH levels. Batman at his core is a man who lost his parents and became dark and intense... he raised Robin so he Wouldn't be like he turned out... If Alfred was there in the beginning and raising him as it claims now... What the heck happened??

It's one of the worst things about 'Gotham'... I LOVE the guy playing Alfred... but he's personally creating Batman intentionally and Bruce isn't going to be a self-made man anymore... The story falls apart.
    Jim was mad at Bruce. It was after AzBats and DickBats. They are close friends so Jim felt betrayed.
    Their relationship is unique, because you don't see Bruce acts this way with somebody else.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
    Last edited by shadowsgirl; 05-25-2017 at 04:23 AM.

I've been curious about Anarky having a period where he served as Robin so if he were to make it to the big screen i'd make him a former robin that struck out on his own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    He was still under Wolfman control and as shown with Grayson he can survive without an identity. Not to mention Jason Todd started in the 80's and never made it out of the 80's while Dick was around sine 1940.
    Grayson is one comic run and "Agent 37" is basically an idenity on itself. They also revert him back to Nigthwing.

Wolfman`s Dick Grayson without any identity whatsoever was too brief to be accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    It would be unimaginable that they would let him just fade into obscurity.
    Yeah, because he was that popular. If he wasn`t popular, it wouldn`t be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I've been curious about Anarky having a period where he served as Robin so if he were to make it to the big screen i'd make him a former robin that struck out on his own.
    Lonnie was never actually Robin. Alan Grant wanted him to eventually become Robin, but then Tim Drake happened.

I might like the idea of Gordon Sr. being Mayor of Gotham, cleaning up Gotham from the political standpoint while a new Commissioner make things harder for Batman and other vigilantes.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Lonnie was never actually Robin. Alan Grant wanted him to eventually become Robin, but then Tim Drake happened.
    I know I just thought it be cool if he was.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    Jim was mad at Bruce. It was after AzBats and DickBats. They are close friends so Jim felt betrayed.
    Their relationship is unique, because you don't see Bruce acts this way with somebody else.
    It depends on the writer really. They really wanted to push that Gordon and him had a special relationship during that No Man's Land stuff. However, that's just not really so... as they pointed out there, Batman is a TERRIBLE Friend. Asking about Jim's home life and telling him he's important doesn't really mean much. I've seen the same conversations with Superman, Hal, Ollie, etc... Not to mention Dick, Tim, Barbara and the others... but with Gordon he's always keeping that 'Legend' alive. He's still using the scary voice and sticking to shadows... He sneaks in the office, makes demands (or just helps himself) to files and then leaves when his back's turned... Batman knows if they're alone or being watched (because he's BATMAN...) yet never really drops the act or lowers his guard like he does with the Robins and Alfred.

It's fun and interesting to see Batman be awesome... but that's not 'friend' behavior. I love that Jim calls him on it those pages too... and really 'I don't like saying goodbye' is a painfully stupid excuse. If Gordon became Mayor and Bullock or Montoya became Commissioner... he'd act the same way toward them. Dark, spooky, all-knowing... 'I got this, stay out of my way'. The problem is that it's a relationship that's been around for 70+ years... so they really can't upset it too much.

Now... I remember the 'Officer Down' story had some good moments in there after Gordon was Shot and dying in a hospital bed... THAT showed how Batman felt about him pretty well I thought... though it's been a LONG time since I read it.

My other controversial opinion (that changes a lot depending of what I see) is that...Harley Quinn ain't that bad, she's overexposed, yes, but I don't think she deserves the hate imo. I hate that DC is trying to turn her into their Deadpool though.