Page 73 of 267 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3996
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The GCPD has/had somebody whose job is specifically just that. Her name is Stacy. Because it would be illegal for a cop to turn it on.
    Best Gotham income ever but the downside is ludricious.

Gordon - "You virtually just needed to switch it on. You had one job!"

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The GCPD has/had somebody whose job is specifically just that. Her name is Stacy. Because it would be illegal for a cop to turn it on.
    To quote TVTropes: "...though some [comics] have gotten it wrong while trying to be clever (no, bringing in a bureaucrat whose only job is to turn on the Bat-Signal doesn't make it okay because the bureaucrat is acting as an agent of the police which makes Batman an agent of the police)."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Yeah, for the longest time, I was in the camp that wished he'd stayed dead. These days though, HUZZAH, Rebirth finally made Jason into a character worth telling stories about; much preferable to anything else done with him since his resurrection.

As for Damian, I'm actually starting to side with the Morrison lovers that think he should have stayed dead. It was the end of his arc, and while that doesn't mean it had to be the end of his story, I'm not entirely convinced DC knows what the next step for the kid is if he can't stop being Robin (He's too marketable) and can't ever grow up (He'd either be a manchild or he'd lose all his unique traits.) Yeah, they know how to give him character arcs like in the first arc of TT or recently in Nightwing, but I'd bet what we just saw in Lazarus Contract isn't going to be the last time we see a writer set the character back to square one, and force him to learn things he already knows.
    This applies perfectly to Cass, Damian didn't rediscover his mother or best friend like Cass. They're not retreading the old ground with Damian, what is happening is what we call mileage in characterization or inconsistency exagerrated by the cross over/event effect of the storyline

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    This applies perfectly to Cass, Damian didn't rediscover his mother or best friend like Cass. They're not retreading the old ground with Damian, what is happening is what we call mileage in characterization or inconsistency exagerrated by the cross over/event effect of the storyline
    Actually it doesn't. The main difference is that Damian's story wasn't interrupted and restarted from the beginning, because his continuity was mostly unaffected by the reboot. Much like with Steph, certain story beats unfortunately needed to be repeated to get the characters back to the way people loved them. (Although with Steph, the results are clearly much more divisive.) Yes, they did another Cass finds out Shiva is her mom conflict, but the key themes and Cass's character arc are completely different from the ones presented Pre-Flashpoint. Same result, different journey, and as I said, something that needed to be done.

With Damian, of course this was out of character behavior in the crossover, and was only as bad as it was because of the lingering effects. I've been reading Teen Titans and Super Sons; I know this isn't how he is now. I never said I was positive, but I have a feeling this isn't the last time writers are going to ignore Damian's character development.

BANNED

I may have liked damien wayne better if his mother was selina and not talia see batman the brave and the bold for more details. I like talia more than damien wayne

Tom King's run, at least what I've read of it so far up to Rooftops, has already proven to be better than Scott Snyder's New 52 Batman. Where Snyder's run felt very formulaic, wordy, and boring after everything new grant morrison introduced to the character, King's Batman feels like more of a breath of fresh air. Weird instances of dialogue aside (not a fan of bat and cat), I think Tom King is taking the character to more new and interesting places.

Tynion's detective comics is so bland, at least going off of Rise of the Batmen. I like that he tried to salvage Tim Drake, but all of his characters speak in the same voice. There's just something very off about how he writes everyone, no one really speaks right but I can't place my finger on it.

Can we please get past Kevin Conroy? I love his work in the DCAU, Mask of the Phantasm especially, but he phones in every single performance nowadays and doesn't sound intimidating in the slightest. Bring back Bruce Greenwood, Jeremy Sisto, Anthony Ruivar, and Troy Baker back for more chances to reprise the role. I'm so sick of hearing Conroy's stilted and awkward delivery in everything he pops up in.

Troy Baker does a better Joker than Mark Hamill currently. I love Mark, I truly do, but he should have retired the role after Arkham City. He sounds way too old to be convincing now. There's plenty of actors I'd love to hear reprise, like John Dimaggio, Michael Emerson, and Richard Epcar.

Jason Todd only works as a villain. Judd Winick and Grant Morrison were the only writers to get that right after he returned.

Ben Affleck could be a wonderful Batman, but going off of what he's had to work with, he's not so far. I still love Christian Bale and Michael Keaton, but I can't decide which one I like more due to Bale being a better Bruce Wayne, and Keaton a better Batman.

Arkham Knight is a horrible, horrible game, at least compared to the other arkham games.

Damian should have stayed dead after Morrison killed him off.

Gotham Central is the tv series we should have gotten.

Huntress, Cass and Steph are the most noble and heroic of the Batfamily.

Bruce should have fired Dick after he almost beat the Joker to death. It would only be fair since he did the same to Helena after she tried to kill Promtheus but relented.

I don't like Steph's current direction but not because she's against Batman. Rather I dislike it because she'll be proven wrong in the most heavy handed way just like anyone who criticizes superheroes in universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Huntress, Cass and Steph are the most noble and heroic of the Batfamily.

Bruce should have fired Dick after he almost beat the Joker to death. It would only be fair since he did the same to Helena after she tried to kill Promtheus but relented.

I don't like Steph's current direction but not because she's against Batman. Rather I dislike it because she'll be proven wrong in the most heavy handed way just like anyone who criticizes superheroes in universe.
    Well its not like she has much of a point to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    I like that he tried to salvage Tim Drake, but all of his characters speak in the same voice. There's just something very off about how he writes everyone, no one really speaks right but I can't place my finger on it.
    I really wish you could give some examples of what you mean, because otherwise that's simply untrue. Cass sounds like everyone else? Clayface does? JPV? Kate? Are you sure?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Really comfortable that some of my favorite characters have moved past one note characterizatons and gotten even more popular out of it. Not sure I`d even bother asking for examples when it`s unanimaously clear that some directions hit a Wall to serve best other characters interests.

*wistles*

Fired him from what?? Nightwing was always about Dick being independent.... I suppose he could have ostracized him (again) but Dick's not really an 'employee' so much as he's 'family'.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    I may have liked damien wayne better if his mother was selina and not talia see batman the brave and the bold for more details. I like talia more than damien wayne
    But he wouldn't be Damian anymore would he?

Not sure if this is controversial or not, but I don't like Catwoman. Or at least I don't like her relationship with Batman anymore. I wish it would go away.

Also it annoys me that Bat female villains are mostly anti heroes now. Wish they'd go back to being villians or not shown in some positive light as much.

All-New Member

Damian is at his best when he is written like a POS, like when Morrison's run started.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Huntress wasn't going to relent, she was 100% going to kill him while he was defenseless and already beaten. She only stopped when Batman caught her in the act and made it super awkward. He's hardly the only League member who wouldn't want her around after that either.

Wasn't Dick beating the joker to death a dream because Jason's death? He was Nightwing anyway so he couldn't get fired.
    More costumed heroes in Gotham should become credible citizens with degrees or companies other than Wayne Enterprises.