Page 8 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I enjoyed the 90's series Catwoman more than Brubaker's relaunch. I also enjoyed Dixon's run on Nightwing more than Dick's run as Batman.

Amazing Member

Love All Star Batman and Robin. One of my favorite Batman book.

BANNED

bat girl sucks

under gail simone

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I didn't care for Morrison's Batman. The man is a wonderfully creative writer, his Batman just didn't connect with me.
    I tried so hard to like Batman RIP because it started out with such good ideas. But it just got dumber and dumber as it went along.
    My, my! One does peculiar things when one is a gorilla!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier X View Post
    I tried so hard to like Batman RIP because it started out with such good ideas. But it just got dumber and dumber as it went along.
    Yeah, it was like, "This guy never made a will? He thought he'd live forever or something?"

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Yeah, it was like, "This guy never made a will? He thought he'd live forever or something?"
    There was nothing about a will in RIP, nor a need for one.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

-Gotham Central was not fully enjoyable for me because Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock weren't part of the cast. Renee was the saving grace of the series but you can't do a GCPD story without the holy triumvirate of Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya.

-The Bat books should just stop creating new characters and start on making existing ones work.

-Cass Cain should still be a prominent member of the Bat Family with her own book.

-Jason Todd should have stayed dead.

-Making Batman the Bat God in the early 00's was a mistake.

-Batman should go back to being a Detective.

-Joker is overused and need to be killed off for a while.

-The upcoming Gotham tv series looks horrible.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Schumachers Batman & Robin > The Dark Knight Rises
    For sure. I will never get tired of watching batman and robin. Dark Knight Rises was exhausting enough for an entire lifetime. And doesn't feel all that much like a batman movie to me besides.

Batman should be shown to have a better diet - he should be constantly devouring protein bars on rooftops and mixing up shakes from tap water in peoples kitchens.
    YES! I am so sick of writers having him neglecting meals. Bruce would be completely anal about what he eats and when.

The Batman editors and DC in general should follow the lead of whats happening outside the comics more closely. In terms of content, style, marketing, cross promotion, everything. Comics are far too insular
    Disagree. I've seen nothing that indicates this helps comics. Neither sales wise nor imo content wise. If anything the comics need to try and do more to distinguish themselves as a unique medium and trailblaze new characters, new stories, new directions. Mine stuff to fuel the mythology of batman in pop culture, because comics aren't popular, and if they are only used to form an echo chamber with the bat-media that actually is popular, well then they've lost what makes them important.

Plus, the idea of executives deciding what comic creators used to decide makes me queasy.

Jason Todd's return was one of the best things to ever happen in Batman mythos

Batman Forever is better than any Nolan film

Oxygen thief

To quote Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation, Batman is always the least interesting thing in everything he's in.
    Post Lego Movie I'm no longer sure this is true.

-Jason Todd was far better under Winicks hand. Current Jason Todd is not unique anymore just another former Robin.

-DC has continually neutered Dick Grayson. Only 5 writers have treated him like an A-list character, but DC continually undermines him. The current version is just an empty shell without his past accolades or connections.

-Winick's run on Batwing was by far the best.

-Sometimes DC overcompensates for BAtman at the expense of several other characters and it gets hold especially when the same old troupes are rehashed.

-Batman and Catwoman don't belong together, and it's pretty obvious they won't ever truly end up together.

-Stephanie Brown was the best Batgirl in the comics (other media we've only had 1 so...)
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    -Jason Todd was far better under Winicks hand. Current Jason Todd is not unique anymore just another former Robin.

-DC has continually neutered Dick Grayson. Only 5 writers have treated him like an A-list character, but DC continually undermines him. The current version is just an empty shell without his past accolades or connections.

-Winick's run on Batwing was by far the best.

-Sometimes DC overcompensates for BAtman at the expense of several other characters and it gets hold especially when the same old troupes are rehashed.

-Batman and Catwoman don't belong together, and it's pretty obvious they won't ever truly end up together.

-Stephanie Brown was the best Batgirl in the comics (other media we've only had 1 so...)
    The whole Dick Grayson thing is more of a fact than an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    3) Cassandra Cain should not be part of the Bat-Family. She was shoe-horned in, and she sticks out like a sore thumb. To top that off, she's just not a very good character.
    Agreed. She's one of the few DC characters I try to forget.

Tim Drake has always been the best Robin.

Jason Todd is better off dead.

Dick should have remained as Batman, or at least as the Gotham Batman. His ascendance to the cowl was perfect.

Barbara should remain as Oracle.

Bruce should only love one woman and that woman should be Selina. I don't understand how could he ever love someone as Talia Al Ghul.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

The whole "Bruce just dates these women, he never means it or sleeps with them" thing that comes up occasionally is incredibly shady. Way to manipulate and use a bunch of people as props, Bruce! Way heroic.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)