Page 86 of 267 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3996
    Incredible Member

There are various artist that I enjoyed on Batman / Detective that it seems many don't have a real fondness for:

Don Newton
    Scott McDaniel
    Kelley Jones
    Jim Aparo ( I guess folks don't appreciate the over expressive co)
    Gene Colan

I also wish that back in the day we could have had a Man-Bat series with Gene Colan doing the artwork. I would say it should be written by Marv Wolfman but I think there would have been too many unfair comparisons to Tomb Of Dracula.

Incredible Member

(((Plus, Gotham Central is fantastic, but unless a book/story made today addressed how most American cops are horrid, and all the reasons why, I wouldn't be able to enjoy any storyline where cops are portrayed as "heroes" or "the good guys.")))

How small minded are you? The THOUSANDS of good law enforcement officers that are out there risking their lives day and night FAR outnumber the bad officers. I don't know what world you live in but I live in a world where the good officers far outnumber the bad. I'm not defending the bad, not at all. But I will stand up for the good all day long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post

How small minded are you? The THOUSANDS of good law enforcement officers that are out there risking their lives day and night FAR outnumber the bad officers. I don't know what world you live in but I live in a world where the good officers far outnumber the bad. I'm not defending the bad, not at all. But I will stand up for the good all day long.
    The number of cops who murder innocent people and get away with it are not the majority, no. But who are the majority are the cops who stand by their fellow officers who've committed monstrous acts, and who continue to enforce unjust laws.

The cops I have the most respect for are the ones who, during the Dakota Access Pipeline protests, chose to resign instead of continue to partake in the atrocities the authorities were committing.

I only brought up what I did as it related to comics. Let's not make a whole political debate out of this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    ....and who continue to enforce unjust laws.
    it's not their job to decide what laws to enforce or not. Their job is to enforce the laws On the books and keep people safe.

And, FYI, you made it a whole big police thing with your broad, sweeping generalizations that can't be supported by facts.

BANNED

it's not their job to decide what laws to enforce or not. Their job is to enforce the laws On the books and keep people safe.
    I don't make the rules. I just enforce them. Blindly and without question. Would you excuse the actions of the members any other oppressive force because they were "Just following orders?"

And, FYI, you made it a whole big police thing with your broad, sweeping generalizations that can't be supported by facts.
    Exactly what generalizations did I make, and what did I say that can't be supported by facts?

I also can't help but notice you'd didn't refute my other arguments.

If you'd like to continue this conversation, even though it seems pretty clear neither of us is going to convince the other of anything, PM me. We don't need to derail the thread.

Bruce and Helena(Bertinelli) should have given it a go pre-flashpoint.

I like that idea ^.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    I like that idea ^.
    ^I like you.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It be nice to see some influence from Lego Batman movie on future writers and issues. For me the movie was a tad too long and some scenes were too busy but seeing thousands of ideas compressed in one small movie was pretty much awesome. It wouldn't hurt Bruce's character too much writing him like a thrillseeker who enjoys what he does once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    It wouldn't hurt Bruce's character too much writing him like a thrillseeker who enjoys what he does once in a while.
    That's one element from The Dark Knight Returns which never seemed to make it back to regular continuity.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    That's one element from The Dark Knight Returns which never seemed to make it back to regular continuity.
    Now, that you've mentioned it... during Morrison's last run he sometimes seemed to enjoy it (not on a LEGO level but... yeah), Snyder's awesome "BINGO" moment during Court of Owls and maybe even in that Joe Casey Mini (Imperfect???)

Fantastic Member

I hate the Batman Beyond comics universe.

some people are too focused on the shipping aspects of the characters.

Christian Bale's voice never bothered me in the Nolan movies. Even after people pointed it out and I re-watched them it never bothered me.

Any type of costume that has too much armor or too much tech just looks like crap. I understand they try to make it look more realistic or extreme or whatever and the Dark Knight Returns/Batman V. Superman armor is alright considering it's temporary but when I look at the Injustice costume I cringe. The character didn't get this popular being Iron Man he got this popular being Batman.

I never liked Jason Todd after he came back from the dead. I was actually surprised to find out a lot of people really like him.

I think Bane is really interesting and I think they should have done a story where he takes over for Batman at some point. Maybe for the One Year Later storyline. I don't remember much about the Batman One Year Later stuff but I think it could have been really interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post

I never liked Jason Todd after he came back from the dead. I was actually surprised to find out a lot of people really like him.
    If you're not reading it, or haven't tried it, check out the current RHatO book. Up until Rebirth, I was very firmly in the Jason should have stayed dead camp as I felt nothing good had been done with the character in the comics since his return, but Rebirth has been really good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I think Bane is really interesting and I think they should have done a story where he takes over for Batman at some point. Maybe for the One Year Later storyline. I don't remember much about the Batman One Year Later stuff but I think it could have been really interesting.
    This has actually happened a couple times.

In Gail Simone's Secret Six, while neither put on a Bat suit or anything, we did get an enjoyable one-issue romp where Bane and Catman try to fill in as heroes while Batman was gone. (With Ragdoll wanting to be Robin) Like the entire run, it was pretty great.

Bane actually DID put on a Batsuit during the events of Forever Evil, but I didn't read that, so I can't tell you how it turned out.