Page 9 of 267 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    The whole "Bruce just dates these women, he never means it or sleeps with them" thing that comes up occasionally is incredibly shady. Way to manipulate and use a bunch of people as props, Bruce! Way heroic.
    Yeah, I've always thought that was pretty bad, IMHO.

The whole "Bruce just dates these women, he never means it or sleeps with them" thing that comes up occasionally is incredibly shady. Way to manipulate and use a bunch of people as props, Bruce! Way heroic.
    I think "he goes on dates with beautiful society girls of Gotham and visiting celebrities, sometimes, but he resists temptation and never sleeps with them" is, in fact, closer to heroic than the following alternative interpretation of Bruce Wayne's social life as a "zillionaire playboy" would be. "Bruce frequently has one-night stands with beautiful women who don't realize they don't have a prayer of luring him into a long-term romantic relationship -- he's just using them as a) props for his public image, and b) convenient ways to get temporary sexual gratification, as if they were blow-up dolls without feelings of their own."

In other words: Simply taking a woman out to dinner, and then returning her safely to her own apartment where she will sleep alone while Bruce is running around the dark streets of Gotham as "Batman" for the next several hours, strikes me as far less reprehensible than luring her into bed in order to keep his frivolous reputation alive, and then basically saying to her, after it's over and she wants to schedule another rendezvous: "Yeah, yeah, it was kind of nice -- but I have no idea when we'll do it again. Don't call me; I'll call you. (Maybe.)"
    Last edited by Lorendiac; 06-03-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Onl works in the comics.

You see Nolan's Batman didn't have that problem. If you start applying real world logic than of course Bruce sleeps with some of them. The number he goes around with from time to time. People will talk one way or another. I think adopting all those young boys as a single bachelor with his projected lifestyle would raise a few more eyebrows though. At leas tNew 52 there were years between each robin.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Onl works in the comics.

You see Nolan's Batman didn't have that problem. If you start applying real world logic than of course Bruce sleeps with some of them. The number he goes around with from time to time. People will talk one way or another. I think adopting all those young boys as a single bachelor with his projected lifestyle would raise a few more eyebrows though. At leas tNew 52 there were years between each robin.
    It was Rucka who did the "everybody knows (that is, says behind his back) that Bruce is gay" thing, right? That the rumor mill just pinned him as a closet case.

But, in any case, dating people under false pretenses, with no interest in them, in them romantically or socially, but as props, is not what I'd think of as heroic or decent. That's whether it's to protect his superheroing (which many manage without that tactic) or bearding for something else. It's taking advantage of people, people who likely do mean it, who are earnestly dating him, who think he's being honest with them and have no good reason to doubt it.

And, casual relationships don't have to mean that after sex once he'll never ever contact them again. That, too, implies they're just props. People maintain contact with non-colleagues they don't sleep with ever, quite often, but it's also entirely possible to maintain an incredibly light relationship with someone you have slept with or dated once or twice. Bruce has old friends. The idea that the women he's casually dated could never be amongst those old friends is... sad, at the least.

(Which puts me in mind of Year One, again, and how it plays Bruce's, Selina's, and Jim's relationships to sex, money, family, and dating against each other so well.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Steph Brown is a lot more interesting of a batgirl then Barbara.

Tim's best Red Robin suit is from the New 52, the Rebirth one is just ugly.

Scott Lobdell has done more for Jason Todd than anyone since the New 52. Who ever thought the idea of turning Jason into a tentacle monster who ate people was either dumb or high.

DC should stop shoving Damian Wayne down my throat. He's the most overrated, overpowered, annoying character written in the last 8 years.

Holy thread necro, Batman.

Seriously, two-and-a-half years. WTF, why?
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-24-2016 at 08:26 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Amazing Member

I think Barbara is the best character in the Batfamily, because she had 3 versions: Barbara, Batgirl and Oracle, and she is great in all them.
    I donīt understand all this love for Dick Grayson, I think he had potencial, but DC donīt use this, To me he needs one city, job and charaacter regulares in his comics, to he have one strong name.
    Tim Drake is the best Robin
    Stephanie is better as Spoiler.
    The onlys character really importants in the Bat family are: Dick, Tim, Jason e Babs. Maybe Cass too.

All-New Member

Jason, Damian and Talia should stay dead. Batman/Bruce has had too many sidekicks and more interesting lovers-villains.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Steph Brown is a lot more interesting of a batgirl then Barbara.
    Wait, how is that controversial? Or just to DC editorial?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Bruce should never have more than 10 Bat-Family members. Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, Babs, Steph, Cass, Kate, Selina, and Luke are all he needs at the moment. That's not to say temporary allies like Clayface or Gotham Girl who will almost certainly die or go evil can't be a thing, or that characters like Leslie Thompkins or even Alfred and Gordon can't assist the family. But there comes a point when the Family is so bloated that almost no one has any real importance, almost anyone could die and it would hardly affect a thing.

So yeah, in the future I think writers should mutually agree on a size limit to long term vigilantes in the Bat-books. Cause they're more of a Bat-Army at this point. And not in a good way.

Fantastic Member

Barbra gordon sucks as batgirl
    Dick/babs sucks barbra should be as away from a nightwing book as possible
    Nightwing should be the least traditional street superhero story it should not be boxed in with traditional elements like home city and its corruption rather his stories should be allowed to go anywhere and as crazy as it gets
    Last edited by yash; 12-24-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Joker should have normal speech bubbles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Who ever thought the idea of turning Jason into a tentacle monster who ate people was either dumb or high.
    And it is imo still not the worst thing they did with him.

- I prefer Bruce Silver/Bronze Age Orgin over the newer version

- The Lego DC Movie series is the best current DC Movie series

- Jason belongs into the Age Group of Tim, Stephs and Cass generation, not in Dicks and Barbaras

- Lance Bruner (Bruce second ward) and Mary Wills (aka Roberta the Girl Wonder) should be aknowledged in canon
    Last edited by Aahz; 12-24-2016 at 10:58 AM.