Page 90 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3996
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yep. IIRC West Point couples aren't even allowed to hold hands in public. So even if Kate had been with a guy, she would've gotten in at least some trouble for kissing another cadet had she been seen.
    The military makes no secret of it, either; you're warned in advance what will land you in trouble. When they say, "It's not just a job--it's a way of life," they're not kidding. You can't separate your personal life from your professional life because they've got you 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wein, Conway, and Moench’s Bronze Age Batman runs were better than everything that came after the Crisis.
    Conway’s run in particular is way underrated, in my opinion. The original Croc arc is classic.

Here’s my seemingly unpopular opinion: a married Batman would be completely terrible. Luckily, this is superhero comics, so even if it does happen, it won’t last.

Wein, Conway, and Moench’s Bronze Age Batman runs were better than everything that came after the Crisis.
    Moench's pre-Crisis run was passable. His post-crisis run was terrible.

Most post-Crisis Batman runs have been better than his stuff.

(notable exception for Prey which is inexplicably good)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Conway’s run in particular is way underrated, in my opinion. The original Croc arc is classic.

Here’s my seemingly unpopular opinion: a married Batman would be completely terrible. Luckily, this is superhero comics, so even if it does happen, it won’t last.
    Ha ha--Batman would be a widower within a year.

Incredible Member

The original Bat ladies.

Kathy Kane. My favorite between the two Batwomen. I don’t like the current Kate version at all. If the point was to have Batwoman as a gay character could Kathy have not just come out? I just like the character better, overall. I still remember being ticked when they had Bronze Tiger kill her in DETECTIVE years ago.

Betty Kane - likes her a lot as well. Enjoyed her Bat-Girl stories. Her brief time as a Titans West member set up what could have been a good return for her. They could have just maybe taken her costume more crimson and made it a one piece like Kathy’s. I didn’t even mind when they made her Flamebird I just wish they used her more.

The original Bat-Ladies, still the best. Except for Babs, of course.

Incredible Member

Gotta agree with this!! The Moench / Jones stories are some of my favorite among Batman material.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Kathy Kane. My favorite between the two Batwomen. I don’t like the current Kate version at all. If the point was to have Batwoman as a gay character could Kathy have not just come out? I just like the character better, overall. I still remember being ticked when they had Bronze Tiger kill her in DETECTIVE years ago.
    I'm actually not really sure if Kathy and Kate were really supposed to be different characters. I had the impression that Kate was originally supposed to be an alternate Version of Kathy (who did not exist in the post crisis continuity at that point), and that Kathy being back as separate character was due to Morrison doing his dumb "everything is continuity" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I just like the character better, overall.
    Serious question: why? I've never gotten a sense that Kathy Kane was ever a complex or particularly well-developed character. Or even a modestly well-developed one.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Swapping David Zavimbe for Luke Fox as Batwing was one of the dumbest things they've done in the batfamily franchise. Also, retiring Batwing entirely when Duke finally rose to herodom instead if letting the only two black heroes working under the batbrand actually interact was mindbogglingly dumb and just terrible for optics; especially given they make the same mistake with the Justice League. It reads like tokenism.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Also, retiring Batwing entirely when Duke finally rose to herodom instead if letting the only two black heroes working under the batbrand actually interact was mindbogglingly dumb and just terrible for optics; especially given they make the same mistake with the Justice League. It reads like tokenism.
    I think that was more because of the Batwings low sales (the last issue had only 8,223 issues shipped). He would have very likely went to limbo without Duke introduction.

And he still appears from time to time (Batgirl, Batman Eternal, Tynions run in TEC), but he is just not popular enough to sell a solo book, and after Tynions TEC run ended there is not really a book at the moment for Batfamly members that don't have there own book.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I think the really dumb decision from DC was to do series like Batwing and Talon instead of giving one to Red Robin.

TTs at that time basically was Red Robin’s series. He was their flag barer for their teen line.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-24-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    TTs at that time basically was Red Robin’s series. He was their flag barer for their teen line.
    He had a solo and a team book at the same time for more than a decade pre flashpoint (and Dick and Damian are also often leading two books).

And just look at the result, Tim's popularity declined massively in the last years, and Talon and both Batwings flopped.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Swapping David Zavimbe for Luke Fox as Batwing was one of the dumbest things they've done in the batfamily franchise. Also, retiring Batwing entirely when Duke finally rose to herodom instead if letting the only two black heroes working under the batbrand actually interact was mindbogglingly dumb and just terrible for optics; especially given they make the same mistake with the Justice League. It reads like tokenism.
    They should reform the Outsiders or Global Guardians book, and add Batwing to the team.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    He had a solo and a team book at the same time for more than a decade pre flashpoint (and Dick and Damian are also often leading two books).

And just look at the result, Tim's popularity declined massively in the last years, and Talon and both Batwings flopped.
    New 52 Teen Titans wasn’t simply a team book though, it was the centerpiece for an entire line and focused on Tim. I assume the idea was to let that office, and that line, have complete control and agency with character as he the face with TT even now being his creation. While his "popularity" was never gonna be the same as Red Robin then as Robin, being the head of the centerpiece of an entire line was actually a bigger spot and more ambitious then a simple solo.

And Talon and Batwing were just bad ideas in general.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-24-2019 at 11:17 AM.