Page 93 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3996

Would the Grim Knight really have much issue with Jason though? Both believe in lethal force (if in varying degrees), both are wary at best of cops, etc.

BWL, well, he's a different story.

Again, Grim Knight got taken down by a cop with no super powers or any of the Batfamily's training.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The only reason Dick survived is because Bruce was there to take care of him (and KGBeast didn't fire a second shot).
    Even with care head shots are not that easy to survive. But that depends of course on a lot of factors.

Jim Gordon should have stayed retired. I do like his character a lot, but aside from Black Mirror, I don’t really feel like there’s anything interesting you can do with him as the police comissioner in mainline continuity again. If Montoya can’t be the question ever again, see how she does in this role. That or give me Aikins back and do more with his character.

There’s a lot of bat characters that should have stayed dead, but Bruce and Joker are on the top 2 of that list for me. The bat family has so much more room to grow with Bruce out of the picture, and the joker has just been played out. Start giving other Bat villains big stories, like scarecrow.

Cassandra Cain needs a new identity ASAP. I still want her history as batgirl back first and foremost, but it’s time she gets the respect she deserves in the DCU.

Jason Todd should have stayed a villain, and be used as either Dick or Tim’s arch nemesis.

Harvey dent needs some sort of stopping point for his character. Either allow him to finally be redeemed, or kill him off.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Alfred is overrated. And attempts to make him overly badass make my eyes roll.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Alfred should die.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Alfred should die.
    He already did that one time.

I still like Alfred, and I think that him having an interesting background is fine, but stories like the First Ally went totally overboard. He serves as an interesting support figure for Batman, but I don't need a TV show about him. I'm also super big on the overt fatherhood role so many stories seem to play up. Even more so than the Dick and Bruce relationship, it should be more nuanced than that. Part faithful servant, part partner in crime, with a dash of reluctance and perhaps concerned parental figure. I'm over him being reduced Bruce's adopted dad who angsts about whether Bruce is well adjusted or not.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 03-29-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

It’s not that I don’t like Alfred. I don’t like how he has become this sacred cow immune from accountability. Maybe it’s time to explore a Bat world without him for a bit.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-29-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s not that I don’t like Alfred. I don’t like how he has become this sacred cow immune from accountability. Maybe it’s time to explore a Bat world without him for a bit.
    There's actually an ongoing fanfic with that (along with Dick, Jason, and Tim not being taken in by Bruce) as a premise. Though set in the DCAU (to an extent).

Anyway, Jason Todd for Mayor of Gotham City!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    There's actually an ongoing fanfic with that (along with Dick, Jason, and Tim not being taken in by Bruce) as a premise. Though set in the DCAU (to an extent).

Anyway, Jason Todd for Mayor of Gotham City!
    What's the fanfic called?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge95 View Post
    What's the fanfic called?
    Its a series, actually. Begins with this one.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9656392/1/The-Ninth-Circle

And from there, it builds upon the AU DCAU. A lot of stories, and each one has some build up to the next.

I love Alfred but I'd be ok with him dying, not I'd like how much of an emotional wreck Bruce would be in though.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe just have him retire instead. Still takes him out of the picture while leaving any easy route to bring him back plus we avoid more emotional wreck Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe just have him retire instead. Still takes him out of the picture while leaving any easy route to bring him back plus we avoid more emotional wreck Bruce.
    But, but...he'd have to answer the door himself and do his own laundry - are you sure that wouldn't make Bruce an emotional wreck?

Amazing Member

I think retiring Alfred or killing him off is a good idea. He's older now and Bruce has a huge cast of supporting characters that they can draw from in the future. I know some purists would be pissed off, but I think it makes sense in the evolution of Bruce's character.