Page 95 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3996

The four core/former Robins should NOT all look like mini Bruce Waynes, the fact that they look like Bruce in various phases of his life is lazy and dumb. Damian has an excuse (even though i have my own minuscule issues with his design) but Dick, Jason, and Tim have zero excuse and belay a underlying lack of creativity either on the part of artist or, more likely, editorial.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-04-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m not sure what to do about Tim or Dick but Jason is an easy fix. Just give him his random strip of white hair back which instantly make him stand out. Or make him Hispanic since apparently that was a thing some people want(ed).

Ironically Damian is the one who is often drawn the most differently, sometimes being drawn to look half Asian/middle eastern.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m not sure what to do about Tim or Dick but Jason is an easy fix. Just give him his random strip of white hair back which instantly make him stand out. Or make him Hispanic since apparently that was a thing some people want(ed).
    And Jason should not look like a "mini" version, he is supposed to be only 2 inch shorter than Bruce (and 15 pounds heavier) I find it wired that he is often completely dwarfed by batman when they appear on the same page.

When we are at it: the artists should put a little more though in the evolution of the Robin costume, and have the look fit better to the wearer.
    It makes imo no sense, that Damian costume to incorporate parts of the classic costume, if that costume didn't exist in the new 52, and for Jason to have costume that is brighter and less protective than the one Dick had.
    Last edited by Aahz; 04-04-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Jokey-small-batman
    Shooty-small-batman
    Nerdy-small-batman
    ninja-small-batman

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    The four core/former Robins should NOT all look like mini Bruce Waynes, the fact that they look like Bruce in various phases of his life is lazy and dumb. Damian has an excuse (even though i have my own minuscule issues with his design) but Dick, Jason, and Tim have zero excuse and belay a underlying lack of creativity either on the part of artist or, more likely, editorial.
    I never got why they all looked the same, isn't Jason atleast supposed to have red hair or something?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I never got why they all looked the same, isn't Jason atleast supposed to have red hair or something?
    Only the pre crisis version.

I mean Dick has more of a reason than most. He's supposed to be a reflection of Bruce right down to losing his parents to crime in a similar fashion at the same age. Looking similar to Bruce I think is important for Dick.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And Jason should not look like a "mini" version, he is supposed to be only 2 inch shorter than Bruce (and 15 pounds heavier) I find it wired that he is often completely dwarfed by batman when they appear on the same page.

When we are at it: the artists should put a little more though in the evolution of the Robin costume, and have the look fit better to the wearer.
    It makes imo no sense, that Damian costume to incorporate parts of the classic costume, if that costume didn't exist in the new 52, and for Jason to have costume that is brighter and less protective than the one Dick had.
    I don't see why Jason should be so big. He should still be young. A few younger than Dick and just a couple older than Tim. 19 to EARLY 20's at best.

As for the costumes... I REALLY want them to stop retconning the costumes. If they don't like the old costumes... grow out of them, but pretending they never happened while still sort of kind of maybe referencing them is too confusing... for their own creators. They don't know whehterh they're coming or going.

It would be editorial. DC's biggest problem is their 'legacy' concept. They never care as much for the character in the costume as the costume itself. Those are the things on lunchboxes and action figures... so while Dick or Wally may be wearing the costume... it still looks like 'Flash and Batman'. Same with Robin. Editorial didn't care about individual secret identities.. just that they can have a Robin teamed with Batman and that they look identifiable. Therefore the Dark haired boy in a domino mask. It's 'iconic'.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't see why Jason should be so big. He should still be young. A few younger than Dick and just a couple older than Tim. 19 to EARLY 20's at best.
    You can still be that size at age 19 to early 20's.

If anything, when they are all fully grown, Dick should be the shortest of them all since he's the acrobat of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    You can still be that size at age 19 to early 20's.

If anything, when they are all fully grown, Dick should be the shortest of them all since he's the acrobat of the family.
    Agreed. Age doesn't mean too much when it comes to whose bigger when the people in question are adults. Even blood-related brothers that I've known have had an older brother shorter than the younger brother. And since the two come from completely different biological backgrounds, that isn't even a hangup.

Jason's supposed to be 19!?!?!?!, I keep forgetting how young these characters are supposed to be. He's like 24-25 in my mind, while Dick is 27, and Tim is 18-19.
    Last edited by 9th.; 04-04-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I mean Dick has more of a reason than most. He's supposed to be a reflection of Bruce right down to losing his parents to crime in a similar fashion at the same age. Looking similar to Bruce I think is important for Dick.
    I also always just assumed the Robins all looking alike is a kind of deliberate visual consistency...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also always just assumed the Robins all looking alike is a kind of deliberate visual consistency...
    That too. I like the idea of Batman and Robin always look a specific way that way to the rest of the world they could be the same person.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    At that age you have pretty much reached your adult hight (and 6'0'' is not that tall). And it is his offical hight.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Than you could also make the argument that (post crisis) Jason was to remind Bruce on Dick.