Page 96 of 267 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3996
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    As for the costumes... I REALLY want them to stop retconning the costumes. If they don't like the old costumes... grow out of them, but pretending they never happened while still sort of kind of maybe referencing them is too confusing... for their own creators. They don't know whehterh they're coming or going.
    I would prefer if they came up with one design for each Robin and stick with it (at least untill the next reboot), I just want it to make sense.

Btw. I think that it would be possible, to update Dicks costume without changing it to drastically, just by adding pants.
    In Jasons case I think it would be just nice to give him his own look.
    Tim's and Damian's costume are anyway fine (appat from the continuity problems caused by the reboot).

I prefer the old Catwoman costume and hairstyle.

CW.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-05-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    The four core/former Robins should NOT all look like mini Bruce Waynes, the fact that they look like Bruce in various phases of his life is lazy and dumb.
    Well Jason only looks like him because he dyes his hair.

Telltale's Joker is the second best depiction of the character beaten out only by the Heath Ledger version.

Jason needs the white stripe back and to have a deep, angry and difficult relationship with Bruce. Bruce loves him as a Father but can't understand why he's so angry post Lazarus pit, nor can he agree with his methods. Jason softens eventually to Bruces nagging and instead of using live ammunition to disable* (shooting knees etc) moves to rubber bullets instead. Bruce still doesn't let him in his home with his guns and its a contentious point between them.

Too many of Batmans rogues fall into each other as "Mobster with gimmick". Have Two Face be redeemed to show Bruce that what he does matters.

Penguin deserves a revamp, he fits my above statement as well. Make him a bit younger, lose the stomach but keep the beaky nose, monocole and waddle. Reinvent him less as a gang-leader but more of a "Gentleman theif" whom works alone. A male Catwoman if you will. He infact could be both Batman AND Catwomans rival.

*Yes, shooting to disable doesn't actually exist and kills people irl but this is comics where Batman punches through walls.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Jason needs the white stripe back and to have a deep, angry and difficult relationship with Bruce. Bruce loves him as a Father but can't understand why he's so angry post Lazarus pit, nor can he agree with his methods. Jason softens eventually to Bruces nagging and instead of using live ammunition to disable* (shooting knees etc) moves to rubber bullets instead. Bruce still doesn't let him in his home with his guns and its a contentious point between them.

Too many of Batmans rogues fall into each other as "Mobster with gimmick". Have Two Face be redeemed to show Bruce that what he does matters.

Penguin deserves a revamp, he fits my above statement as well. Make him a bit younger, lose the stomach but keep the beaky nose, monocole and waddle. Reinvent him less as a gang-leader but more of a "Gentleman theif" whom works alone. A male Catwoman if you will. He infact could be both Batman AND Catwomans rival.

*Yes, shooting to disable doesn't actually exist and kills people irl but this is comics where Batman punches through walls.
    You are exactly on target here. I find it strange that Jason has a more amiable relationship with Bruce than Dick does.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You are exactly on target here. I find it strange that Jason has a more amiable relationship with Bruce than Dick does.
    The most I could see Bruce being angry about with Dick is the leaving era but then I'd expect a few weeks in for him to realise how much of a selfish ass he's being but their both too stubborn and awkward to actually meet up and apologise. When they do its heartwarming however.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I don’t think this is controversial at all, Jason’s and Bruce’s relationship should absolutely be a complicated mess. They should have periods where they’re on good terms but the peace between them should fragile at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t think this is controversial at all, Jason’s and Bruce’s relationship should absolutely be a complicated mess. They should have periods where they’re on good terms but the peace between them should fragile at best.
    Considering some want him to either be a villain or a straight up Batfamily member a kind of estranged ally is better imo

I REALLY dig that Duke is a metahuman. It's main thing that makes him standout among the batfamily and his power is pretty unique in the DC landscape; it's not overly powered but it compliments his skillset as a batmember. Also it differentiates him from the other black tokens in the batfamily, especially now since Batwing's retirement has made him pretty much a token himself.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

What exactly are Duke's powers anyways?

He gets to see were light was and will be, which allow him to see past and future actions, to a limited degree. He is also able to enhance some meta-human abilities when near the metas who have been created by Gnomon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What exactly are Duke's powers anyways?
    In simplest terms, he has photokinetic vision; his eyes take in light better than humans and he can manipulate the way he processes it. The main ability is limited precognition and clairvoyance but he has a couple ancillary abilities. He can track people and see through walls, he can see outside the visible spectrum, he can detect tiny light retractions, he can see variations in light others can't see, and he's reactive to Nth metal (particularly 8th metal). His reaction to 8th metal is why he amplifies metas made by Gnomon (his father), who used 8th metal to make metas. Certain forms of Nth Metal can enhance his abilities too.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-07-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Uh, their relationship is a hot mess. The last issue had Batman bust into the Iceberg Lounge after Jason's takeover. And not in a friendly way. When he left, tensions were high.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Uh, their relationship is a hot mess. The last issue had Batman bust into the Iceberg Lounge after Jason's takeover. And not in a friendly way. When he left, tensions were high.
    Agreed! His relationship with Bruce is exactly as it should be. Never meant to imply that it wasn’t already.