Super Moderator

Default Ron Perlman Speaks Out on "Hellboy 3" Chances, Crowdfunding

In a recent interview, "Hellboy" star Ron Perlman discussed his rallying cry for "Hellboy 3," the fans' response and why he won't turn to crowdfunding.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Hellboy III needs to happen!

Like Dredd II.

I disagree with Pearlman's opinion on crowdfunding but after the Archie debacle, I suppose that isn't an option anymore anyway.

Which of the Ogdru Jahad do I need to sacrifice to for this to get made? Because I'll do it!

BANNED

I fear in this case it may be too little too late. It's been quite a long time since Hellboy 2 and there really hasn't been a huge outcry from fans to get the trilogy done.

I feel in this case, although Mr. Perlman may not agree, crowdfunding is the only way this one is ever going to get off the ground.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    I fear in this case it may be too little too late. It's been quite a long time since Hellboy 2 and there really hasn't been a huge outcry from fans to get the trilogy done.

I feel in this case, although Mr. Perlman may not agree, crowdfunding is the only way this one is ever going to get off the ground.
    As a fan, I never cried for it because it didn't seem like it would happen. No sense whining for something I was never going to get. But I love the first two and would be first in line to see a third.

Hell no boy.

Didn't deserve a sequel, neither did ghost rider or kick ass.

Ultimate Member

Both movies were successful enough, how's come we never got a third?

The second movie sucked. Imho

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Both movies were successful enough, how's come we never got a third?
    Probably because they weren't really successful enough. Both movies failed to earn twice their reported production budget in overall box office gross. Since they were relatively cheap by action movie standards, they may have still eked out a profit, but the margin probsbly would have been pretty low. Given that a third one would have probably cost in excess of $100 mill, the studio likely figured that the return on investment just wasn't high enough to justify it.
    Last edited by kalorama; 06-18-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Incredible Member

I was always under the impression that the main problem with the third movie was del Toro's schedule. Hellboy II basically only happened because he pushed for it, the third one was never really going to happen unless he was the one doing it again and he's had too many other projects since then. Specifically the Mountains of Madness film had him tied up for a long time before it ultimately folded, and then he moved straight from there into focusing his efforts on Pacific Rim.

So really I don't see this happening unless someone convinces del Toro to prioritize the third film, and I just don't think its high up on his list anymore.

Both films were only profitable when home video was factored in. Home video has contracted since then, hence the reticence.

I'd love to see HB3. Definitely my favorite comic book-based movie series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhenry86 View Post
    Hell no boy.

Didn't deserve a sequel, neither did ghost rider or kick ass.
    i like HB2 ghost rider 2 and kick ass 2 more then ironman 2 and 3 so id say it deserves it.