Fantastic Member

Default Detective Comics: The Black Mirror?

It looks like Comixology is offering Detective Comics # 871 (Part 1 of The Black Mirror) for Free today I believe. I was outside of DC prior to the New 52; I'll pick this issue up, but I was wondering --

Is the whole arc (I think it's 871 to 881) worth checking out? (If possible, could you avoid any spoilers just in case I, or others, choose to check it out based on your recommendations?)

Thanks.

Amazing Member

Great Story, well worth a read.

Fantastic Member

Thanks Spork!

I did take a look at Comixology and it looks like the "trade" (issues 871 to 881) on Comixology is $12.99. Buying them individually -- already accounting for a free # 871 -- it's $19.90. I know that can be the case for hardcover trades and floppies, but for some reason I thought that I have seen pricing on comixology where the individual copies are actually cheaper.

Definitely worth picking up, one of my favourite Batman tales, and it's Snyder at his absolute best

Go pick it up, or buy the trade. Batman Black Mirror collects the whole arc. Well worth the read, one of the top Batman stories

BANNED

The trade is great. I try to avoid hardcovers if I can wait that long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    Go pick it up, or buy the trade. Batman Black Mirror collects the whole arc. Well worth the read, one of the top Batman stories
    Yeah, it's an amazing story and the art is stellar.

Echo echo echo.

Yes, pick it up, it's a pretty great Batman story. It was the perfect send-off before the New52 started.

All-New Member

Black Mirror is one of my favorite Bat stories. It is incredibly well written, and Jock's art is fantastic.

Astonishing Member

Easily Scott Snyder's best Batman work and one of the best ever Batman stories. Get it.

Fantastic Member

Thanks for all the responses. I'll check out the free issue and I'll likely look to fit the rest of the series in as my budget allows.

Incredible Member

I'm yet another one for the "its awesome" bandwagon.

This story really need to see an 'Absolute Edition' release.

Amazing Member

Is it just me? I kept hearing great things about The Black Mirror. Halfway through the arc I bought all the back issues and read them expecting something really great, but felt it was just meh. I really want to be blown away by his work - everyone else seems to be, and have all the DC stuff he has wrote since then. I just don't have the same reaction, even to his Vertigo issues. What am I missing?