Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Will Thor ( Odinson ) ever wield the hammer again ?

So we know that even after secret wars Jane Foster will remain as thor regardless of what happens on battle world. My question is this, will this be the new status quo from now on? Have we seen the last of Thor/odison for good ? Will the son of odin never wield his uru hammer again ? Or why not let the son of odin wield another hammer like stormbreaker for instance, or have the dwarfs make him another one ? There has to be a least a little more uru out there to make one last magical hammer right ?
    spider-man from 1962 through 2007 R.I.P will miss you always.

Extraordinary Member

Everything that has ever happened in Big Two comics will happen again.

I assume he will eventually. This maybe a slow moving cycle, but it will come around again.
    I just hope they don't dump Jane Foster entirely when they do.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I assume he will eventually. This maybe a slow moving cycle, but it will come around again.
    I just hope they don't dump Jane Foster entirely when they do.
    Why not just give them both separate titles, that way everyone wins and nobody's favorite has to go back into the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor8607 View Post
    Why not just give them both separate titles, that way everyone wins and nobody's favorite has to go back into the shadows.
    no argument here.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

I am someone who inevitably predicts everything wrong, but even I could speculate from the very beginning of the new female Thor announcement that she would be dying, to give Marvel an out to return the former Odinson. It would be the only way for Marvel to save face after having made the announcement on a national television audience, and that demographic is quite comfortable with stories where the heroine is a tragic and dying figure.

Short answer? Yes.

Long answer? Sometime around the build-up to the "Ragnarok" movie. To millions of people, Thor is Thor. Only to a few hundred thousand (if that) Jane Foster is.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Short answer? Yes.

Long answer? Sometime around the build-up to the "Ragnarok" movie. To millions of people, Thor is Thor. Only to a few hundred thousand (if that) Jane Foster is.
    Well, they know that she is Natalie Portman..............................

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Short answer? Yes.

I hope they don't do Ragnarok again in the comics when that movie comes out, Ragnarok kind of loses it's fizz after awhile when the end times keep happening every 10 years or so.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Did Doom recreate 616 Thor? (I WILL NEVER CALL HIM ODINSON, HIS NAME IS THOR!) If so, he became worthy just before disappearing in fight against the Beyonders. Surely he can return to being Thor and him and Doc Green will fight in which fanboying will win..

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    Did Doom recreate 616 Thor? (I WILL NEVER CALL HIM ODINSON, HIS NAME IS THOR!) If so, he became worthy just before disappearing in fight against the Beyonders. Surely he can return to being Thor and him and Doc Green will fight in which fanboying will win..
    Now that one's a bit up for debate. In Thors #1 we see a Thor who looks exactly like our Thor in a single scene where he's denied access into a bar because he's unworthy. However since Thor became worthy again under Hickman's pen, it could go either way.

I would be staggered if Odinson doesn't regain Mjolnir right before, or right after Jason Aaron's run on the title concludes. He's already established in the book's continuity that Old King Thor has Mjolnir in the future.

Hopefully Jane Foster will manage to survive and will get a mystical Uru mallet of her own, and will continue to play role in the Marvel universe as opposed to be shuffled off to limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    So you're not down with calling Thor Odinson, but completely cool with referring to Hulk as Doc Green...?

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    So you're not down with calling Thor Odinson, but completely cool with referring to Hulk as Doc Green...?
    Much like Green Skaar, Doc Green is a personality, I call grey Hulk Joe Fixit and only refer the original savage Hulk as Hulk. And I call merged Hulk as The Professor.

Of course heīll wield the hammer again! and before Aaronīs run finishes, the key word is "patience" I donīt think heīs going to be "in the shadows" for too long.

I would love if we get two separates books, because with all the things that Aaron has prepared for the next war (Malekith, Lauffey, Daario, the angels, Cul....) I think all this would be better handle if there are a few Asgardian books, I donīt think one Thor book (and Angelaīs) will be enought to show appropriatly all the points of views in such a big scene, the same thing goes for Thor "unworthyness" it would be much better if we could see him in several books.

Personally I hope to see Thor unworthy for at least one more year, because itīs so obvious that heīll regain his status quo by default (I hope for all this to leave marks, other than the missing arm and eye, something more psychological) donīt get me wrong I really like Thor, heīs one of my favorites, because of that I want to feel that his problem is big and difficult to resolve, that way the final victory (cīmon, we all know that everything is going to be right at the end, theyīre heroes) will be better, we must be patient.
    Also I like Jane as Thor, so I really want to read her stories too.

Iīm still waiting to see how the Asgardian side of the new Marvel Universe is going to be, we havenīt see anything about this, beside Jane in ANAD.

Those who are scared Thor Odinson will never wield Mjolnir clearly haven't been reading comics for long. Status quos are inevitably reset to the most known version of a character, and with Marvel's corporate synergy with their cinematic universe, big changes are guaranteed not to be permanent. That's why I laugh when people get upset that Thor is currently Jane Foster and Captain America is currently Sam Wilson.

People act like "their" version of their favorite character is gone forever. The funny thing is that both Thor Odison and Steve Rogers are still around; they've just gotten a power downgrade (which has happened to them many times before). This isn't the first time a temporary character comes in to fill a character's shoes (does no one remember Eric Masterson or John Walker?), and it certainly won't be the last.

In the case of Thor Odison specifically, the Thor book is still just as much his tale as it is Jane's. And for those who hate that he is sharing a book, King Thor has already hinted that Jane's story has a tragic end, so we already know her run is finite.