Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

There's only one mjolnir so there can only be one Thor. So Jane Foster might stay as one but with a different name and a different hammer.

BANNED

I enjoyed the introduction of the counterpart of 616 Jane Foster as the secret identity of Thordis, in 1978.

I LOVE that 37 years later, 616 Jane Foster is the secret identity of 616 Thordis! She better mourn 616 Thor on the new mainstream marvel Earth post Secret Wars, since she has 616 Mjolnir now.

I will miss 616 Thor The Mighty Thor : Earth's Mightiest Hero! and I hope he is reunited with his mother and father ;
    616 Gaea the former all-mother of 616 Midgard aka Earth 616
    616 Odin the former all-father of 616 Asgard

Of course 616 Gaea's sister, 616 Oshtur, is also gone so I hope that 616 Storm if she will still be alive on the new mainstream marvel Earth post Secret wars, mourns 616 Oshtur the Bright Lady and 616 Storm's spiritual mother

Mighty Member

well she ain't giving up that hammer as long as she's alive...but the way that cancer's looking, that won't be too long. Thors gonna probably redeem himself in the same story jane foster dies in and get his hammer back.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I enjoyed the introduction of the counterpart of 616 Jane Foster as the secret identity of Thordis, in 1978.

I LOVE that 37 years later, 616 Jane Foster is the secret identity of 616 Thordis! She better mourn 616 Thor on the new mainstream marvel Earth post Secret Wars, since she has 616 Mjolnir now.

I will miss 616 Thor The Mighty Thor : Earth's Mightiest Hero! and I hope he is reunited with his mother and father ;

Of course 616 Gaea's sister, 616 Oshtur, is also gone so I hope that 616 Storm if she will still be alive on the new mainstream marvel Earth post Secret wars, mourns 616 Oshtur the Bright Lady and 616 Storm's spiritual mother
    Oh FFS we already know that 616 Thor will survive Secret Wars. Not only did Jane mention about serving on the Avengers with Thor in Ultron Forever (something that could only happen post-Secret Wars since that's when she became an Avenger) we've seen future Thor from beyond Secret Wars displaying knowledge only 616 Thor would know, All-Father Thor is another future version of Thor and hinted at events that would come for 616 Thor (such as becoming a cop) and we still don't know what Fury said to Thor that made him unworthy and, in a book that basically costars him, that's not gonna go unrevealed. I know you love cheering for 616 characters being possibly dead but just let the event play out instead of assuming people are dead, especially when you've been proven wrong multiple times now.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    I am someone who inevitably predicts everything wrong, but even I could speculate from the very beginning of the new female Thor announcement that she would be dying, to give Marvel an out to return the former Odinson. It would be the only way for Marvel to save face after having made the announcement on a national television audience, and that demographic is quite comfortable with stories where the heroine is a tragic and dying figure.
    Have you a link to that announcement ?

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Why do you always talk in puzzles and change fonts? Hurts Eyes dude..

BANNED

Considering King Thor (i.e. future Thor) wields Mjolnir, I think the answer is pretty obvious.

It's just a matter of how long will it take for him to get it back. If fans cry foul hard enough over the new Jane/Thor maybe a year or less. In the end, sales number are the only solution for status quo resets. if enough fans get mad enough and drop the book, eventually you'll see Thor Odinson make a triumphant comeback.

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Niffleheim

I'm really disappointed but i try not to think about Thor anymore and i'm not really interested in reading him in a B story. It's time to explore other books and characters.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just in time for AVENGERS 3!

That's what MARVEL does now, gets rid of the hero and shakes up the status quo headlines until it's game time at the cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    (something that could only happen post-Secret Wars since that's when she became an Avenger)
    She was an Avenger pre-Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    She was an Avenger pre-Secret Wars.
    Really ?, because people keeps telling me that she wasnt.

Jane Foster's run will end with her dying of cancer. She's already terminal and refused magical healing when no earthly doctor could help her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lourde View Post
    Jane Foster's run will end with her dying of cancer. She's already terminal and refused magical healing when no earthly doctor could help her.
    Huh, if she somehow gets to Valhalla we may see her again anyway, right?
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    Have you a link to that announcement ?
    It was announced by Whoopi Goldberg on The View:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/new...god-of-thunder

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/video/vdka0_35fl96jj

Also I wrote on this forum back in July 2014:

http://community.comicbookresources....Thunder/page13

Having begun this story I am sure Marvel and Aaron have a firm idea of how it will end. It is interesting that it was announced on The View so that I would assume Marvel would think the number of new readers from viewers of that show is non-zero. I wonder who Marvel and Disney think that group will be, what their demographics are. I actually think that show's demographics would be well acquainted and accepting of the idea of tragedy or bittersweetness as an appropriate ending to a long story arc, even if it is to a character they are strongly rooting for. After all, that is life oftentimes.

The Hulk group of comics seems to me to be the one Marvel comic family that is intrinsically about tragedy, other than She-Hulk.

It is difficult for me to see what a happy ending to the new Thor can be once Mjolnir is restored to the old Thor. That is why I have speculated that the new Thor is actually a person already dead who has been revived for a known, fairly short, finite time to accomplish a certain mission. An angel, like Starbuck in Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica.
    Clearly I was wrong about the new Thor already being dead, but she's pretty close to it. Also I noted at the time that her first depiction in the art had some hint of death about her.
    Last edited by jphamlore; 06-19-2015 at 02:36 PM.