Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thor will probably be Thor again but unlike other changes Marvel characters go through, his replacement by a female Thor was publicized as a socially progressive move.
    So I think it's going to last for a while and they'll need to find a clever way to restore the status quo without looking bad (imagine the tumblr outrage if they don't).

Same with Falcap.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 06-22-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Attachment 23718

Oh look, it's Thor in Nova with Avengers characters.

(Admittedly both Cap and Tony are also Guardians of the Galaxy, Tony is in his Guardian's suit and Rocket is in the previous panel so it seems in retrospect that they are there in their capacity as GotG, though how Thor would know the GotG I don't know and if they are buddies enough to bring her along it would seem likely that they hang out on earth as well... as Avengers say?)

Attachment 23719

Oh look, it's Thor in All New X-Men with an Avenger.

Apart from at this point, you mean.

Attachment 23720

What this proves, more than anything, is the inconsistency of current Marvel continuity (hopefully Secret Wars will tidy things up somewhat), but it is pretty clear that two different writers, and three different editors, all consider Thor to be, if not an Avenger, then closely affiliated to the Avengers, and since the whole point of the Avengers machine seemed to be that pretty much everybody is on the bench, the distinction is negligible.
    Yes because fighting an invading alien force (thus doing her job as Thor) or flying through New York automatically makes you an Avenger. For one thing, both of those pictures are continuity nightmares for the reason of Tony Stark even being there when he's still in his "Superior" state and has been shown to not play nicely with other heroes. In the Nova panel we even have him in his space armor despite the fact that he had already abandoned his previous armors for his current one with no signs of looking back. And aside from that, neither acts as any proof of her being an Avenger with the former also having Beta Ray Bill, who isn't an Avenger helping fight off invasion and the later has no context besides flying through the sky. Outside of that, the Avengers books and along with her solo kinda hold more weight on whether or not she's actually an Avenger. Story context hold higher weight than artwork which can easily have mistakes to it as has happened multiple times in the past as well. Unless a story has her being an Avenger as a plot point such as Ultron Forever, nothing of her being an Avenger is proven.

BANNED

They haven't even revealed why he can't wield the hammer yet have they? From what I can tell he doesn't even know why he's no longer worthy.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    They haven't even revealed why he can't wield the hammer yet have they? From what I can tell he doesn't even know why he's no longer worthy.
    I assumed it'd spun out of Original Sin, but they haven't nailed it down. Could just be his dad being pissy again. Could be something bigger.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Oh it's clear that he knows, he just doesn't want to tell anyone about it. At least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Presumably he is, but he has never exactly been one to embrace his inner frost giant before or after the rebirth. He does not like that aspect of himself, never has, and actively tries to hide it.

Anyway, on Thor... yeah, with or without Loki, (though I think with would be more fun) I think 2 books may be needed. One for Jane one for Odinson trying to sort through his issues. I think both books would sell well.
    Well, if they're having one Spidey book for Miles and another one for Pete, I don't see why they can't have one for Jane and another for the Odinson. I'd buy both.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Oh it's clear that he knows, he just doesn't want to tell anyone about it. At least not yet.
    Didn't he have some line recently (was it Thor #8?) where he was telling someone he didn't understand why it happened. To paraphrase, Odinson said something like "I don't even know what the big deal was... all Fury said was... (and then trails)" I mean, he knows HOW it happened -- i.e. Fury said something -- but not WHY what Fury said should have that effect.

I still think Fury managed to cast a spell of some kind based on what he learned from the Watcher and that was it... I mean, even Odin can't lift Mjolnir and he'd always been able to lift it before... and arguably during times when he was even more of a jerk than he currently is.
    Last edited by Eisenhorn; 06-22-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Oh, I would definitely buy both. I have been enjoying the Goddess of Thunder, but still want to know what Thor Odinson is getting up to, and how he's dealing with the whole unworthyness thing. While Aaron has been balancing both their stories in Thor, I think it may work better if you had two books that were closely linked. Not so much that you couldn't read just one or the other if you wanted, but still pretty close.

And yeah... you may be right. Still, he does know more than anyone else, but he is unwilling to spill what Fury said. he's come close a couple times though, so I think he will get there before long.

He will…when RAGNAROK comes out in 2017. Count on it.