Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Well, at least it had some great art.
    A part of me wonders if maybe the point of this relaunch was to debut all the new costumes for every member of the team that's not FalCap and give Acuna something to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    But Alex is free. He is now in X-Men for however much longer that goes. Rogue is still stuck playing second fiddle to a self-centered, crazy harpy with daddy issues. Rogue is one of the most popular and iconic heroes and she continues to be wasted as background noise. SMH
    I wouldn't call him free just yet considering Remender broke him both physically and mentally with burning half his face and keeping him inverted. I could hope that he could find the heroic resolve to come back to normal on his own like Genesis did, but that'd take a writer who can actually build his character back up rather than Bendis who really did nothing with him in the 1 issue he used him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A part of me wonders if maybe the point of this relaunch was to debut all the new costumes for every member of the team that's not FalCap and give Acuna something to do ?
    Also, Wanda, Pietro and Vision had to be in something when Avengers: Age of Ultron hit, and Hickman has never been interested in using them.

So this is a 5-issue excuse to have these three characters doing something and sporting new costumes that are a little more movie-appropriate (though Wanda's costume redesign, which I like, isn't at all like her costume from the end of the film).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Which seriously sucks considering how much work PAD put into building the familial relationship between Pietro and Lorna only for that to be taken away. PAD definitely deserves better.
    Well, i think that Quicksilver and Polaris could still have that bond, after all, you dont need be blood-related to see someone as a siblings; like the Summers-Grey kids, they are only tecnically siblings, or half-siblings in Cable's case, but they do care about each other like if they had grown up together.

I wouldn't call him free just yet considering Remender broke him both physically and mentally with burning half his face and keeping him inverted. I could hope that he could find the heroic resolve to come back to normal on his own like Genesis did, but that'd take a writer who can actually build his character back up rather than Bendis who really did nothing with him in the 1 issue he used him.
    Well, at least, he didnt gave another M-Word speech, so that's a plus.

And well, basically everyone but Squirrel girl and Ms. Marvel are physically and mentally broken anyways, the burned face can be easily fixed if he asked it to Triange; and well, given that the Inversión make him to see the light...............................
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 06-20-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i think that Quicksilver and Polaris could still have that bond, after all, you dont need be blood-related to see someone as a siblings; like the Summers-Grey kids, they are only tecnically siblings, or half-siblings in Cable's case, but they do care about each other like if they had grown up together.
    Pietro is probably Lorna's longest lasting and most developed male relationship outside of Alex.

And, of course many more moments with them on the past two iterations of X-Factor. My worry of course is nobody is going to touch their relationship with a ten foot pole outside of AU comics.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-20-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Maybe so, but PAD at least acknowledged that they were siblings within their relationship, something that I think has been mostly ignored for years. And while they may come from different timelines or points in time, the Summers siblings can at least find some common parentage between them.

Well, at least, he didnt gave another M-Word speech, so that's a plus.

And well, basically everyone but Squirrel girl and Ms. Marvel are physically and mentally broken anyways, the burned face can be easily fixed if he asked it to Triange; and well, given that the Inversión make him to see the light...............................
    I wouldn't say the inversion's made him better. I mean the inversion took him a bit too far into the mutant side of things to the point that he had no objections about killing every human on the planet and only cared that Wasp would die. Not only that but with his showing in the final issue of Axis, he's become spineless about facing up to what he's done.

Maybe so, but PAD at least acknowledged that they were siblings within their relationship, something that I think has been mostly ignored for years. And while they may come from different timelines or points in time, the Summers siblings can at least find some common parentage between them.

I wouldn't say the inversion's made him better. I mean the inversion took him a bit too far into the mutant side of things to the point that he had no objections about killing every human on the planet and only cared that Wasp would die. Not only that but with his showing in the final issue of Axis, he's become spineless about facing up to what he's done.
    Well, besides of having the DNA of Cyclops and Jean, they dont that much in common in that regard, X-man is a test-tuve baby, Rachel lost hers when she was young, and Cable wasnt exactly raised by them.

Well, besides of having the DNA of Cyclops and Jean, they dont that much in common in that regard, X-man is a test-tuve baby, Rachel lost hers when she was young, and Cable wasnt exactly raised by them.
    Well to be fair, before the retcon Pietro, Lorna and Wanda had Magneto's DNA but only Pietro and Wanda had a sibling relationship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was wondering this, this series is stuck on a bad timing. wonder if the developments will carry after secret wars and another #1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

So Creed got aged how many years and is still kicking @$$? While Old Man Logan is just 50 years and Wolverine looks old as hell. Sorry, OML always bugged me because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    That's what I mean. I know this is pre-Secret Wars, which means we know all these characters are just 'dead', once we're out of this time bubble and hit the time-skip back to the present/incursion point.

The problem with that flashback scene is this wasn't how it went down with the reveal back in the original comic. Mags came and told the twins in front of both Vision and Crystal. Pietro also didn't really have a 'life in shambles', he was happily married to Crystal (at that time), and he got over Vision and Wanda already. So I have no idea what Mags is actually referring to, unless it's substantially some time after the first reveal.

And then there's the issue with how Magda fits into the whole picture. Assuming Bova wasn't mistaken, Magda did still arrive at Wundagore and gave birth to a pair of twins. So if her twins aren't Wanda and Pietro, who are they? Did they ever really exist? Are they dead? What did Bova do with these kids then? Because Remender writes that the High Evolutionary personally selected two gypsy kids, modified them, then sent them back. Where was Magda and her babies in all this?
    That grovelling prologue flashback was both frustrating and dumb in its ambiguous presentation for the very reasons you give. "YEARS AGO" Bah! That meant almost nothing with no reference and the sliding timescale. This opening scene left a terrible bitter taste in my mouth that just added to the distasteful issue - and unsatisfying opening arc.

BANNED

They're still fighting in an alternate reality? What have they done so far for human/mutant relations or anything regarding 616 for that matter? Why is the American Dollar wasted funding this team?!

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    They're still fighting in an alternate reality? What have they done so far for human/mutant relations or anything regarding 616 for that matter? Why is the American Dollar wasted funding this team?!
    To be fair, they're self funded, though before that was from Wasp mutant based fashion line from volume 1. No idea where they get money these days, especially after Axis and with Wasp missing.

BANNED

Wasp mutant based fashion line
    Wow, all that money made off Jumbo's legacy, all that money made using mutant sweatshops at 20 cents a piece... wasted on Scarlet Witch's search for her roots in alternate dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Wow, all that money made off Jumbo's legacy, all that money made using mutant sweatshops at 20 cents a piece... wasted on Scarlet Witch's search for her roots in alternate dimensions.
    Well, at least it wasnt used in making Sentinel or something like that........................