Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Southern Bastards" Being Developed As FX TV Series

Creators Jason Aaron and Jason Latour will serve as executive producers of the series, based on their Eisner-nominated Image Comics crime drama.

Full article here.

All-New Member

Awesome Read

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Creators Jason Aaron and Jason Latour will serve as executive producers of the series, based on their Eisner-nominated Image Comics crime drama.

Full article here.
    This is awesome news. Love this title. Aaron and Latour bring to life small town southern life to the fullest where football is king. If you are not reading it pick up the trade... You won't regret it.

Really happy for the Jasons getting a pay day on this!

Awesome news, great for this team. I was literally just thinking last night while reading issue #9 that this could make a fantastic TV series. Such a rich cast of characters.

Great network for this to be on too.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Great network for this to be on too.
    Definitely.

Well deserved. I just hope with all these books getting optioned, there's enough source material to go by by the time they start scripting. When did The Walking Dead get optioned?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Well deserved. I just hope with all these books getting optioned, there's enough source material to go by by the time they start scripting. When did The Walking Dead get optioned?
    Could be wrong here, but I wanna say AMC got the rights in Summer 2009? It premiered late 2010 if I'm not mistaken, so that's a year and a half~ish. Obviously things like this largely depend on a good pilot episode and stuff too... So it's no guarantee at all we'll see Southern Bastards within 2 years (or ever), but still this is exciting.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

It means they got a solid pay check, which is only a win for those guys. It's deserved.

Walking Dead had a ton of source material when it got optioned. It's well ahead of the TV show. Most of these, if the books ship on time, will stay ahead of any adaptation. TV usually has to fill out the stories to fit the format, too.

This makes me so unbelievably happy.
    On a quest to read all X-Men related comics in chronological order
    Titles I'm currently reading:
    Uncanny X-Men - X-Men v2 - X-Force - Wolverine - Deadpool - X-Treme X-Men

I wonder how they will pace the show? Volume 1 spoilers and also Game Of Thrones show spoilers for comparison:
    spoilers:
    Will they stretch out volume 1 for a full season and make the heroes big death into the Game Of Thrones style Ned Stark beheading moment? Or make volume 1 into a jam packed pilot episode?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I wonder how they will pace the show? Volume 1 spoilers and also Game Of Thrones show spoilers for comparison:
    spoilers:
    Will they stretch out volume 1 for a full season and make the heroes big death into the Game Of Thrones style Ned Stark beheading moment? Or make volume 1 into a jam packed pilot episode?
    end of spoilers
    My guess is vol 1 and 2 will be what season one is, since vol 2 is almost 100% flashback/back story. They could pepper it in with the current stuff.

Spoilers.

I'd hate to see Coach humanized before he's established as the series antagonist. I think that'd take a lot out of the series, which is told in a specific order for a reason. The Jasons are producing this, so I think they'll do it right, whatever they choose to do.

One of the Jason's mentioned the entire first arc was written as if it were a pilot episode of a tv show.

Interesting. I don't recall reading that.

I'll try to find the comment. It might have actually been in the back matter of one of the issues.