Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
Okay, I'll play along. Yes, the Internet is unquestionably a more scarier place than it was 20 years ago when I discovered it. However, that wasn't my point. My point was I'd rather not put up with BS about something that, compared to the really important things to debate about, is on the trivial side. When I was a new teen back in the late '70s, I would have felt differently, of course, but I'll be 50 next week and the idea of getting into a heated discussion about this superhero or that superhero film seems just foolish to me.

As I have said before, I love this hobby, but it isn't the upcoming 2016 presidential election to me. Others may disagree, of course.
My comment was less about that and more about the wingeing over the technical limitations and long load times and that kind of thing which seems to be something a few have complained about here (in addition to the social aspects of the boards). As someone even older, it sounds a lot like "when I was your age, I had to walk uphill to school both ways--in the snow, in bare feet."

Since I can very easily channel my cranky old man these days, my filter is very sensitive to that kind of thing. Folks who may be in their 30s or 40s may be sounding so patronizing to younger ears when they start complaining about their problems when they was their age and computers were so slow, gall darn it.

Time to chill out Dad--there are much worse things to worry about. Like your kids facing the doom of the whole planet on account of stupid things that were done in the past by your generation.