Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default comiXology Counting Down to Hellboy's Arrival

For years, Dark Horse Comics has been the most prominent comic book publisher not available on comiXology -- though that may change real soon.

Full article here.

I sure hope they enable a link between Dark Horse digital and comiXology the way Marvel does. Hoping my prior purchases can transfer.

Would love to be able to sync my Comixology and Dark Horse accounts.

If they make these DRM-free then I will seriously think about spending a lot of money on Monday.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

I hope it's more than just Hellboy. I've been wanting to try the HALO comics that tie into the fourth game, but I'd rather not have to deal with keeping track of a fourth comics app.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Would love to be able to sync my Comixology and Dark Horse accounts.

If they make these DRM-free then I will seriously think about spending a lot of money on Monday.
    If they do that, it will be death to my wallet.

I've been hoping for this for a long time. Hope it is more than just Hellboy, though I'd pick it up for sure. They have many titles I'd try.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I have been spottish on getting Hellboy on the Dark Horse app because I hate having to divide my collection out.

I bet they'll keep their app going for those that already bought comics there and for those that like using that app.
    They've been carrying Dynamite comics on their app for a while now and I'm betting that was a test to see if they could get sales on items that are also on Comixology.

Not to mention, they do have some great bundle deals.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I suppose Dark Horse stopped trying to be different. The hard core fans will stick with DH's app but there are a lot of fans that refuse to use 2 apps (or worse, people who don't know DH's exists), so tapping into that market just makes good business sense (even if you get less money per purchase (since you have to give ComiXology a cut)).

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

This is awesome news & I'm very excited for this because I love both websites!! I'm eager to know if it's going to be all of Dark Horse Digital's library on Comixology or just the Hellboy stuff. Will members be able to sync purchased comics through both websites? Regardless, this is a historical move. Just as historical as when the Spawn comic became available digitally a few months back
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984

As long as this doesn't mean that DH stops their own service I don't really have a problem with it.

I still refuse to use Comixology after they started the EU site. Because I refuse to pay more for the exact same digital comics, just because I happen to live in Europe.

Too bad they'd lost Star Wars - that could have been huge for them. I'm looking forward to catching with Lady Killer and checking out Hellboy.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    As long as this doesn't mean that DH stops their own service I don't really have a problem with it.

I still refuse to use Comixology after they started the EU site. Because I refuse to pay more for the exact same digital comics, just because I happen to live in Europe.
    Do you have a PC with Windows 8? I live in Europe, too, and I buy all my comics with Comixology's W8 app for tablets. Somehow, the prices there are still in dollars. There is a good chance that the PC app does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Do you have a PC with Windows 8? I live in Europe, too, and I buy all my comics with Comixology's W8 app for tablets. Somehow, the prices there are still in dollars. There is a good chance that the PC app does the same thing.
    No, just plain old Windows 7. And also I use an Ipad and we all know what happened to Comixology's iOS app.

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

On one hand, it'll be convenient to have Dark Horse on the ComiXology app, on the other hand I was really respecting Dark Horse for going their own way and cutting out the middle men. On the other OTHER hand if this means Dark Horse goes DRM-Free I'd be one happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    On one hand, it'll be convenient to have Dark Horse on the ComiXology app, on the other hand I was really respecting Dark Horse for going their own way and cutting out the middle men. On the other OTHER hand if this means Dark Horse goes DRM-Free I'd be one happy camper.
    The chats that I've had with DH digital support makes it sound like drm-free is a no go... At least in the DH digital store. They said there were too many licenses and creators and rights.