Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Batman has been single for awhile now

Has DC basically given up entirely?
    Broke up with selina or at least didnt trust her anymore

dated a few women as bruce wayne. one was brutally murdered after learning he was batman. the other became a supervillain

Talia went supercrazy

Kathy kane also gone supercrazy

Bruce was starting to have a thing with Julia pennyworth in eternal but then he died

Is this Batman's thing now. A string of failed relationships. We know he'll never get married because didio would look like a hypocrite after the batwoman controversy

Yeah don't agree with the last sentence but anyway I'm cool with Bats being single. I mean who wants to date a dead guy. Seriously though him being single means
    - Less women getting killed
    - They are going to dump him or get dumped anyway.

So what's the point. I mean they all can't be Catwoman, Talia (pre-crazy) or Silver.

BANNED

Selina is enough... she is the one for him. Or I like the mask of phantasm take... He doesn't care for any other woman anymore after the one hurt him so badly...he closed that book... he doesn't have time to date women anymore... his mission of war on crime takes all of his time. His all energy is focus to that, he has become obsessed with his mission. He doesn't care about anything else, He only dates super models or something as Billioner playboy Bruce Wayne to cover his identity as Batman... and none of those relationships are serious. But i like to think he ends up with Catwoman at somepoint. like in the end that we will never see...

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post

dated a few women as bruce wayne. one was brutally murdered after learning he was batman. the other became a supervillain

Talia went supercrazy

Bruce was starting to have a thing with Julia pennyworth in eternal but then he died

Is this Batman's thing now. A string of failed relationships. We know he'll never get married because didio would look like a hypocrite after the batwoman controversy
    Where's Kathy Kane being crazy at?

Talia was evil when they met, he just has a thing for criminal women who justify their crimes with some personal tragedy and then make eyes at him.

Anyhow, I like him as a casual dater more than when he's pretending to date women he has no genuine interest in, leading them on, or when he's locked on to one woman and we know it's not going anywhere past an arc or two.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Gotham is his lady...

Talia went supercrazy

When in the main continuity has Batman ever had a successful long term romantic relationship? Failed and/or badly strained relationships, including serious friendships if you think about it, of any kind outside of his "work" are hallmarks of the character. Which is why I'll always consider the animated Batman Beyond version of Bruce Wayne as the, all be it sad, but natural end of the character; bitter, physically broken, alone, well passed his prime yet still obsessed with protecting Gotham at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Gotham is his lady...
    Pretty much this. If he wasn't willing to choose the mother of his child when she essentially said he only had to ask and she would forsake her father, a life of crime and they could raise their son together; I don't think any writer could make me believe he would ever actually commit to a real relationship with any woman. (Especially considering how messed up Bruce was by a childhood minus his parents)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Gotham is his lady...
    Yeah this is pretty much what Scott Snyder thinks. So I wouldn't expect Bruce not being single while he's on the main title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    Pretty much this. If he wasn't willing to choose the mother of his child when she essentially said he only had to ask and she would forsake her father, a life of crime and they could raise their son together; I don't think any writer could make me believe he would ever actually commit to a real relationship with any woman. (Especially considering how messed up Bruce was by a childhood minus his parents)
    That's not exactly what she offered there. And, again, career murdery criminal. Taking the kid away from a mother like that is the best thing you can do for him.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    That's not exactly what she offered there. And, again, career murdery criminal. Taking the kid away from a mother like that is the best thing you can do for him.
    Her words were something to like "reform me, I'll combine my resources with yours and fight crime by your side, and together we can raise our son." If you believe her character in that moment, given the over the top crazy that came later, is another thing but she did make the offer. There were later offers as well, but the terms of surrender did get worse and worse, and the moral compromises were certainly not something Bruce would except, but the initial offer that seemed pretty much just "let's all be a family and I'll be a good girl"
    Yeah, taking the kid away from her was best for him given her complete mental downward spiral, but turning around and using him as a weapon of your own isn't stellar parenting either (although that's more on Dick initially). The boy probably should have been given years of therapy, not a cape and costume. Not that I'll complain, the Morrison stuff was some of the best Batman I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    When in the main continuity has Batman ever had a successful long term romantic relationship? Failed and/or badly strained relationships, including serious friendships if you think about it, of any kind outside of his "work" are hallmarks of the character. Which is why I'll always consider the animated Batman Beyond version of Bruce Wayne as the, all be it sad, but natural end of the character; bitter, physically broken, alone, well passed his prime yet still obsessed with protecting Gotham at all costs.
    I never mentioned long term relationships I'm thinking about the absence of any relationships at all.

Batman Beyond is like Mad Max its a dystopian future where everything went wrong. I don't think that would be the end for Bruce(my idea is that he'd find away to keep being Batman forever down the line) but there definitely are a lot of Batman futures that have him bitter,alone, and unhappy. Very tragic although I don't think that applies to his current state.
    I mean there was a point in time where Batman was either in a relationship with someone or Bruce Wayne was, now its just simply the mission 100%

I never mentioned long term relationships I'm thinking about the absence of any relationships at all.

Batman Beyond is like Mad Max its a dystopian future where everything went wrong. I don't think that would be the end for Bruce(my idea is that he'd find away to keep being Batman forever down the line) but there definitely are a lot of Batman futures that have him bitter,alone, and unhappy. Very tragic although I don't think that applies to his current state.
    I mean there was a point in time where Batman was either in a relationship with someone or Bruce Wayne was, now its just simply the mission 100%
    I gotta disagree, at least in my opinion, Snyder has it right. The Batman story is a tragedy, and it ends with Bruce dying, if it ever ends. Beyond (while I was never really a fan of it) seemed a plausible enough imagining of a future where Bruce doesn't get killed in the line of duty. It was one of my main complaints with the conclusion to the Nolan trilogy, he walked away to be with Selina, Nolan should have had him die saving Gotham. For me, the trauma of his childhood messed him enough that Bruce will always be all about the mission. Also, In a world of super science, magic and lazarus pits, Bruce has always shunned such things when they could be used to further his mission, make him more than a man. He'd have to go extra crazy, beyond crazy enough to dress as a bat, to continue on forever.

Her words were something to like "reform me, I'll combine my resources with yours and fight crime by your side, and together we can raise our son." If you believe her character in that moment, given the over the top crazy that came later, is another thing but she did make the offer.
    Here's the offer from the end of Batman and Son:

"Reform Me.

"You know I always get what I want, Beloved. And what I want is you. I want us to fulfill my father's wishes and be a family.

"Who else in this world is like us, Bruce Wayne? The century's greatest crimefighter, the daughter of it's greatest crimelord. And their genetically perfect child.

"Koin me and I promise I'll never threaten civilization again. We'll four a dynasty that will rule the planet for a thousand years. Ours is a love story, remember?"

He says, "That was a long time ago, Talia," and her immediate response is, "Then it's war. And you're responsible."

So, no, I don't buy her conviction to reformation at all, especially since that "reform" would be to found a dynasty and rule the world for a thousand years.

Yeah, taking the kid away from her was best for him given her complete mental downward spiral, but turning around and using him as a weapon of your own isn't stellar parenting either (although that's more on Dick initially). The boy probably should have been given years of therapy, not a cape and costume. Not that I'll complain, the Morrison stuff was some of the best Batman I've ever read.
    Yeah, he makes mistakes, too. I'm not sure how they could stop Damian from heroing it, without keeping him under house arrest and then he'd probably keep breaking out anyway, but... Batman is flawed. Talia is just way more evil than Batman.

Incredible Member

I think he's had enough women. If you pick up like, 20 Trade Paperbacks, you'll find at least 10 different love interests. It gets old.

Astonishing Member

I'm pretty sure this is the way Snyder prefers it. He's one of the people that thinks Bruce is in love with the city going by Zero Year, you going to have to wait until he's off the books.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory