Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I can imagine there are nights where things get way too crazy and Batman looks at Gotham and just goes, "No. It's not right. You're drunk. I'll see you tomorrow." Heads back to the Cave for a cup of coffee and a long, maudlin conversation with Alfred instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    I think he's had enough women. If you pick up like, 20 Trade Paperbacks, you'll find at least 10 different love interests. It gets old.
    Don't we want him to get laid? Besides which, they're sometimes the most interesting characters.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

What was his last real, genuine, long-lasting romantic relationship with a woman? Was it Selina pre-Flashpoint?
    Last edited by Frontier; 06-20-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Batman doesn't need a wife.

Just surrogate children.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the way Snyder prefers it. He's one of the people that thinks Bruce is in love with the city going by Zero Year, you going to have to wait until he's off the books.
    Yeah, the ending there made quite a statement about where his priorities lie. Although Morrison made a similar move in his run when he provided an explanation for Julie's off-page disappearance in the early Golden Age stories (and then of course brought both Talia and Kathy in to break his heart in various ways).

Honestly, I just want no more "serious" girlfriends brought in by B-grade writers to die or break up within an arc, because that sh*t sucks (and is kind of icky and mean-spirited). I'd like to see something develop that has some weight at some point, but, as others have said, Batman seems mostly to like criminal types. Which is a great character flaw, but it makes romantic arcs hard.

I can imagine there are nights where things get way too crazy and Batman looks at Gotham and just goes, "No. It's not right. You're drunk. I'll see you tomorrow." Heads back to the Cave for a cup of coffee and a long, maudlin conversation with Alfred instead.
    Oof. A little too real.
    Last edited by Cipher; 06-20-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Spectacular Member

Between declaring a version of Beyond the official future of the DCU and having another follow up to TDKR I don't think having him end up with anyone is in the popular imagination right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the way Snyder prefers it. He's one of the people that thinks Bruce is in love with the city going by Zero Year, you going to have to wait until he's off the books.
    It's especially noticeable when you compare how he wrote Dick in "The Black Mirror" where he was deeply connected to Babs and flirting with Sonia. Dick can form connections, Bruce can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What was his last real, genuine, long-lasting romantic relationship with a woman? Was it Selina pre-Flashpoint?
    I honestly don't know, but she really didn't have much of a role in Morrison's Batman run and she has less of one in Snyder's. If anyone I'd give that title to Talia as she was the leading lady for Grant Morrison even though that was after the break up aspect of the relationship.
    Last edited by LostinFandom; 06-20-2015 at 11:26 AM.
    I'm currently Re-Reading Stranger's in Paradise. Please join me.

Selina did show up early in Batman Inc, and she and Bruce did have a thing going on.

I think the stuff between Bruce and Julia comes off more as platonic than romantic. It certainly comes off that way in Endgame.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Selina did show up early in Batman Inc, and she and Bruce did have a thing going on.
    As presented in those issues I'm not sure I'd call it "real" or "genuine". She lied to him about stealing things and didn't express any interest in sticking around past those two issues. (Which is probably why it felt a lot more right than her feelings for him in Gotham City Sirens published at the same time)

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I think the stuff between Bruce and Julia comes off more as platonic than romantic. It certainly comes off that way in Endgame.
    I thik all the Batman Eternal writers referred to it as sibling like.
    I'm currently Re-Reading Stranger's in Paradise. Please join me.

I specifically remember an issue of Eternal where Bruce hugged Julia in front of everyone in the cave and kind of gave everyone this look to tell them they need a moment. Then Julia is sort of jealous of Selina or whatever when they meet/fight or when she's on comm with Batman as he meets Selina.

Still even then that's probably Snyder influencing Eternal since I think that he said Seeley and Tynion had a smaller role for her initially and he increased her role to basically replace Alfred

BRING BACK Silver

pls?

Anyway I think the best non villain/hero one was Silver.

I liked his dating life in The Dark Knight, while that was running. Some good, comfortable dating there, with Bruce playing catchup sometimes, and if the title and talent hadn't been held back by weird decisions by editors so much, it really could have been something.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    As presented in those issues I'm not sure I'd call it "real" or "genuine". She lied to him about stealing things and didn't express any interest in sticking around past those two issues. (Which is probably why it felt a lot more right than her feelings for him in Gotham City Sirens published at the same time)
    I'm not sure this that doesn't make it "genuine." It's just not monogamous and constant. Which, is something that's addressed a few times, all briefly, as a conscious choice on Batman's part.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member

He needs a cat in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    He needs a cat in his life.
    But doesn't he alreay have a dog?

He has a cat in the life as well

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But doesn't he alreay have a dog?

What happened to the cat? I sort of assumed Batcow and Alfred were still around.