Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

All together...

dc logo edits.jpg

I like the logos with the characters behind them - definitely makes it a little less sterile.

However, the current logo still reminds me of a peel-off toilet seat cover. Thanks to whoever on these boards who put that image in my head.

The one problem I would fix with the upcoming possible Crisis is retconning Aquaman killing Black Manta's father. Dude just straight up murdered someone in a fit of anger. That ain't no hero. Heck, I would even trade that for a return of a dead Aquababy and I hate that.
    Last edited by Aquadoc; 05-30-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    To me, there are only a very few items in DC's continuity that need fixing.

1. Issues around Deathstroke's history as presented in Deathstroke #0 vs. Team 7 #0
    2. Damian's age vs. Batman's debut
    3. A few matters having to do with timeline issues in Birds of Prey #0 compared to Batgirl #1

I'm pretty sure we don't need a full-on Crisis for these.
    I agree that these are the only real hiccups that spring to mind, and these are how I explain them:

1) Deathstroke 0 is narrated by his wife, who's nuts, so she just told the story stream-of-conscious style all out of order.
    2) Either Bruce acted as Batman in the Middle East prior to returning to Gotham (I think Detective 0 mentioned he was in Afghanistan 10 years ago, and he could have became Batman during his League of Assassins training), where he sired Damian. Or Damian was grown and artificially aged by Talia, which is what I'm leaning towards now.
    3) I think this still works if you squint a little. Batgirl #1 never says it's her first night out at Batgirl, so she could have been doing it for a couple weeks by then where Birds of Prey 0 could fit. The exchange between Barabara and Dinah early on is weird for people that barely know each other, but not impossible.

Two more, because I didn't want to leave the Dark out...

new-dc-logo constantine.jpg

new-dc-logo swamp thing.jpg

And a slightly modified version, so it the character image could be a bit bigger on the cover:

new-dc-logo swamp thing 2.jpg
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-30-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I don't like to support the idea of a crisis but Dan just posted this one facebook:

Dan DiDio
    Spending a quiet Saturday morning going through old fanzines. Always fun to see where we were to help determine where we are going.

So maybe a new Zero Hour crisis kinda thing again?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadoc View Post
    I like the logos with the characters behind them - definitely makes it a little less sterile.

However, the current logo still reminds me of a peel-off toilet seat cover. Thanks to whoever on these boards who put that image in my head.

The one problem I would fix with the upcoming possible Crisis is retconning Aquaman killing Black Manta's father. Dude just straight up murdered someone in a fit of anger. That ain't no hero. Heck, I would even trade that for a return of a dead Aquababy and I hate that.
    It was a mis-understanding. Why wouldn't he assume his father was murdered, who would just automatically assume that Tom Curry's heart gave out on him? I like the symmetry, the 'eye-for-an-eye' aspect where both their fathers were 'killed' by the other. Black Manta didn't really kill Tom Curry, but Arthur thought he did. Heores make mistakes and they're not perfect, that was the silver age.

BANNED

I would like to see the costumes fixed. Let's go back to cloth looking outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_nova View Post
    I would like to see the costumes fixed. Let's go back to cloth looking outfits.
    After the Nolan Batman movies every DC hero was decked out in armor. The new Afleck Bat picture seems to emulate the DKR. So maybe they'll go back to the more traditional style of superhero costumes in a few years. Who knows what the trends will be a 5 years.

But there are a number of New 52 costumes that I would love to see gone. Raven's costume is horrible!!!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I actually really like Superman's new outfit when it isn't drawn by Jim Lee.

Rags made it work, so does Kuder.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I actually really like Superman's new outfit when it isn't drawn by Jim Lee.

Rags made it work, so does Kuder.
    I'm convinced it works for Kuder because he draws the shield much larger than anyone else. It looks a lot better that way.

Astonishing Member

getting rid of the lines would do wonders for the costumes

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    One of the few plausible ideas in this thread.
    True. Almost all of the rest are pipe dreams.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

[QUOTE=Robotman;154161]After the Nolan Batman movies every DC hero was decked out in armor. The new Afleck Bat picture seems to emulate the DKR. So maybe they'll go back to the more traditional style of superhero costumes in a few years. Who knows what the trends will be a 5 years./QUOTE]

Realistically, a superhero not blessed with the power of invulnerability would be smart to have some type of armor, as long as it was still possible to do your job with it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    You can't beat the classics. When I think of DC, this is what comes to mind.

While most of my comics have that on it, the logo preceding it is my favorite only because it's the first one I veer saw.