Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kamala drowning her sorrows in street meat was hilarious, especially in how it mirrored the cliche of a character at a bar, with the usual over-the-shoulder shot of the slumped hero/ine, the bartender dispensing sage advice, etc.

And the final moment, with Carol Danvers appearing beside Kamala, was a really damn badass end to a rather sweet issue.

BANNED

The news of KSD leaving Captain Marvel kind of put me down but I came to see what people were saying about the new issue. Some powerful stuff with Kamala getting her circle of friends to unite and form a safe spot for the community. There are even what appear to be AIM guys (and a few gals, as denoted my their flowers) helping out, which I suppose references how Sunspot (or whatever the guy from New X-Men was called, I think Sunspot is Decepticon Seeker) bought the group in Hickman's Avengers books.

Speaking of things that match the Avengers books, Carol appears in her greyscale costume. I was wondering if they would do that or not. It kind of adds to the Batmanish impression I got from the whole scene.

So, will the next few issues be about Kamala and Carol helping the city, or saving her brother from being turned into a bad guy by Kamran? Kamran has gone full douche now if he hadn't already.

BANNED

Also, sad to hear about the Toads. They need less flammable pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    So, will the next few issues be about Kamala and Carol helping the city, or saving her brother from being turned into a bad guy by Kamran? Kamran has gone full douche now if he hadn't already.
    Likely both.

Assuming it happens (though I hope it doesn't), I doubt Terrigenesis is going to change Aamir much. He may be a lazy-ass do-nothing, but we know he's not going to stand for seeing Kamala hurt, and BOY has Kamran done some hurting on her.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Likely both.

Assuming it happens (though I hope it doesn't), I doubt Terrigenesis is going to change Aamir much. He may be a lazy-ass do-nothing, but we know he's not going to stand for seeing Kamala hurt, and BOY has Kamran done some hurting on her.
    Yeah, while, of course, I want Kamala to keep the spotlight, I wouldn't mind seeing Aamir slap the #### out of Kamran at some point
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Aamir, a lazy super hero? The only other one I remember is Butterball from the Initiative. But even he got up enough gumption to face the bugs in the Negative Zone when he was pushed into there, even reluctantly. I suppose people who aren't naturally courageous have moments where they can direct their rage, and if Aamir has powers, they may flair up wildly, more than usual, at the uncontrollability of turning on the rage, if focussed on one point.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Aamir, a lazy super hero? The only other one I remember is Butterball from the Initiative. But even he got up enough gumption to face the bugs in the Negative Zone when he was pushed into there, even reluctantly. I suppose people who aren't naturally courageous have moments where they can direct their rage, and if Aamir has powers, they may flair up wildly, more than usual, at the uncontrollability of turning on the rage, if focussed on one point.
    It's not even a matter of courage. Aamir is just plain LAZY and uses his religion as his excuse to not work. However, he has stated (in #2) that if anybody gives Kamala a hard time, he'll be gathering his pals from the mosque and beating the responsible parties up.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    It's not even a matter of courage. Aamir is just plain LAZY and uses his religion as his excuse to not work. However, he has stated (in #2) that if anybody gives Kamala a hard time, he'll be gathering his pals from the mosque and beating the responsible parties up.
    With powers he won't have to surround himself with security in numbers. Now he has to face threat alone, and that is hard if you lack courage. Friends help you have courage, but solo, it's a whole different game.