Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Not too surprising given the teasers, the FCBD issue, and the premise of Secret Wars, and it does make sense Bendis and Pichelli will continue to do a Miles Morales series given he's their creation. The question is just how will Miles, given his unique history within the Ultimate Comics, be incorporated into the mainstream Marvel Universe. One would think characters such as Genke Lee, Miles' dad, Bombshell, etc. would still be part of his supporting cast, but what about the Ultimate versions of Aunt May, Gwen, Kate Bishop, Maria Hill, and especially Nick Fury? Obviously some of those characters will no longer be around, yet were essential to the Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man series. The only way I can possibly see this working is if Marvel decides to merge and restructure the characters histories so that some Ultimate characters will have "always" been a part of the 616 in manner not unlike what DC did in Crisis On Infinite Earths.

And in case folks are curious, Bendis did confirm what the NY Daily News exclusive on his Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...79061898571777

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Looks like Parker Industries will still be around
    And also J. Jonah Jameson's current home, the Fact Channel. So I guess this means Silk is still around, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Calling it now.

"This Spider-Man is sponsored by Parker Industries."

Looks like Pete's fib about himself designing tech for Spidey gets some small measure of truth. Miles will be the company's "mascot/hero", though being a small company he has a tighter budget than if he were under Stark (as mentioned in FCBD ANAD Avengers). Parker himself might now be a semi-regular Spidey, the "original" obviously, kinda like MC2 but with a bit more action.

If Marvel is douchy enough to keep Felicia evil even in ANAD-MU, i hope she doesn't bother the main Spider title anymore and remains silk's Goblin. Full circle then, becoming a femaile spider's villain as originally conceived.

Back to Pete and Miles: good luck and best wishes.
    Yeah, I see Peter doing something like that. "Oh, you thought I meant that Spider-Man. I meant I was supplying tech to this Spider-Man. Say hello to our new company mascot, folks!"
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Hmm whats RYV?

It's funny as if this was the next Spider-Man movie i'd be all for it but being as a comic i don't like it but i'm sure Peter Parker will still be Spider-Man in some way shape or form, well i hope

I think Spider-Man is like Superman and Batman too iconic to play around with long term

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I love Miles Morales, but is this still going to be a story for non-colored folk as well? The way they talk about it almost makes me unsure.
    "Our message has to be it's not Spider-Man with an asterisk, it's the real Spider-Man for kids of color, for adults of color and everybody else," Bendis said in the article.

So that answers your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My biggest qualm about this is calling both characters, if both are active, by the same name might be confusing. Can't they call Miles Spidey Jr. or Spider Kid or something? Maybe I'm just being silly, it could work I guess....
    Amazing Spider-man: Peter

Spider-man: Miles

In-universe, it probably won't matter what other characters call them, but it should be easy for readers to tell them apart at a glance. If nothing else, they'll simply be called Peter and Miles in message board discussions, IMO.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

I know that a lot of people love Miles.

I just freaking detest musical legacy identities and multiple versions of the same character in the same continuity, in general.

Default Should there be more than one thread about Miles/Peter being Spider-Man?

I mean REALLY?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

I'm loving Team Hawkeye (Hawkeye & Kate) in Marvel Avengers Alliance. They can be like MvC Mag-freakin'-neto levels of Pringles sometimes (extra turns for Kate, continuous attacks from Clint).

If I'm lucky enough to win Ultimate and Superior, then scrape enough CPs to buy Spidey himself, what teamup bonus would I get?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Not sure if you meant this to sound how it sounds. But I'm sure Bendis and/or Slott can write for white people. As a black guy who grew up reading pretty much exclusively white superheroes, you don't have to be their race to enjoy their stories. Sheesh.
    Pete's around, Miles is around. I'm a happy camper.
    No, that's not what I am saying.

The difference being that most superhero books featuring caucasian superheroes aren't sticking a flag in the sand and declaring "hey, this is a caucasian character and it is a huge part of their identity". Just to reiterate, I think it's wonderful that Miles Morales is Spider-Man and I think he is a truly wonderful and important character.

I don't mean to make a stink of it, I just was wondering what Marvels angle on this character would be moving forward.
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 06-21-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Amazing Spider-man: Peter

Spider-man: Miles

In-universe, it probably won't matter what other characters call them, but it should be easy for readers to tell them apart at a glance. If nothing else, they'll simply be called Peter and Miles in message board discussions, IMO.
    This.

Amazing Spider-man will be Peter Parker. Which makes sense since that's been the original Spider-man title for decades.

Spider-man will feature Miles Morales as the other Spider-man.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParkerSpider-Man View Post
    If Miles is getting his own book, that's cool. But if Peter is dead, or isn't Spider-Man anymore... I'll have to say goodbye to Marvel until that's rectified. I won't read a non-Peter Parker Spider-Man (if Peter is dead and/or replaced).

I didn't read when it was Ben as Spider-Man, I didn't read when it was Doc Ock as Spider-Man, and I won't read if it's Miles as Spider-Man. I'm not content with Peter Parker getting put six feet under or getting shuffled off to graze in the fields of obscurity as a background supporting character.

That's if the Spider-Man in the red and blue suit in the "all new all different" promo image isn't Peter Parker. I'm all for Miles being around as his own Spidey if Peter is still around as Spidey.

But if Peter is gone or shuffled aside, I'm done with Marvel Comics. I'm not being a "the sky is falling" fanboy. I'm just a Peter Parker Spider-Man fan who wants his favorite character swinging around in the ol' red and blues.

If I have that, I'm in 100%! If not, I can't be. I feel that that's fair.
    Does no one read anything??? Read the article it says Peter is mentoring Miles. He's not dead. And in the promo of all new Marvel it shows classic spider-man along side miles
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 06-21-2015 at 03:20 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    No, that's not what I am saying.

The difference being that most superhero books featuring caucasian superheroes aren't sticking a flag in the sand and declaring "hey, this is a caucasian character and it is a huge part of their identity". Just to reiterate, I think it's wonderful that Miles Morales is Spider-Man and I think he is a truly wonderful and important character.

I don't mean to make a stink of it, I just was wondering what Marvels angle on this character would be moving forward.
    the flag is there for caucasian characters too, it's just so accepted that it feels "neutral" to some. but the life of a middle class white guy is not the life of other guys from other ethnicities or socio economic backgrounds. and that's cool. I'm happy to read about all people as long as they're great characters.

I think there will be two Spider-Men operating at once, each with their solo book (that will probably have the other visiting frequently). Peter values Miles as a comrade who went through big stuff with him including Spider-Verse and because of that, will accept Miles as just as valid a Spidey as him. They'll think two Spider-Men is better than one and will both operate, spreading the presence of the "Spider-Man" name throughout NYC. Miles will get Spider-Man and Peter will likely continue with Amazing... question is whether Amazing gets a new #1 or continues. Marvel said new #1s for everything, but Amazing joining the continuously redone #1 train feels a bit weird.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan