Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Miles Morales is the new Marvel Universe Spider-Man

I figure an official thread will be posted by CBR news sometime tomorrow, but it looks like Miles is the "official" new Spider-Man of the post-Secret Wars Marvel Universe.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2265591

It'll be interesting to see how the sales are, since Miles has been in the 40-20K range for the past few years.

Really interested to see what Peter's role becomes.

I'm not worried about the sales tbh. Being set in something that wasn't the MU was gonna cause sales to struggle.

More than anything, I hope Miles gets his supporting cast back.

I want Ganke, Kate, Bombshell, and them all back to see where their stories go.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Looks like Parker Industries will still be around

All-New Member

i'm sorry, but this is so stupid. it has nothing to do with him being black (before i'm attacked as being racist)...but it has everything to do with the fact that PETER PARKER IS SPIDERMAN. NOT MILES MORALES. i just don't like the character. never have and never will. hopefully the book will bomb.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Calling it now.

"This Spider-Man is sponsored by Parker Industries."

Looks like Pete's fib about himself designing tech for Spidey gets some small measure of truth. Miles will be the company's "mascot/hero", though being a small company he has a tighter budget than if he were under Stark (as mentioned in FCBD ANAD Avengers). Parker himself might now be a semi-regular Spidey, the "original" obviously, kinda like MC2 but with a bit more action.

If Marvel is douchy enough to keep Felicia evil even in ANAD-MU, i hope she doesn't bother the main Spider title anymore and remains silk's Goblin. Full circle then, becoming a femaile spider's villain as originally conceived.

Back to Pete and Miles: good luck and best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by asidx View Post
    i'm sorry, but this is so stupid. it has nothing to do with him being black (before i'm attacked as being racist)...but it has everything to do with the fact that PETER PARKER IS SPIDERMAN. NOT MILES MORALES. i just don't like the character. never have and never will. hopefully the book will bomb.
    Relax. They have already shown Peter's Spidey in the promo image, so I'm sure Amazing Spider-Man will go on with Peter Parker as Spidey. You don't have to hate this book to get him back. They are just trying to hype up the character as sales have been lacking for him in the Ultimate line.

I called it, about a year ago in fact, now my biggest fear is that Peter's role might be relegated to merely support for Miles as Pete slowly fades into the background. Hope I'm wrong. *crosses fingers & toes*
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-20-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

As long as Pete gets a chance at living a good life, I'm happy. They'll kill off Miles in a few years like they did to Ben Reilly anyways.

Is everyone on here forgetting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    As long as Pete gets a chance at living a good life, I'm happy. They'll kill off Miles in a few years like they did to Ben Reilly anyways.
    That is the one possible big positive I see coming out of this development, no matter what else may happen. Perhaps poor Pete will finally be given a shot at the happiness he so richly deserves, rather than being stuck in the perennial man child/loser role.

Incredible Member

I love Miles Morales, but is this still going to be a story for non-colored folk as well? The way they talk about it almost makes me unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I love Miles Morales, but is this still going to be a story for non-colored folk as well? The way they talk about it almost makes me unsure.
    I honestly don't care about the racial makeup of the cast, long as it is well written and enjoyable to read.

Incredible Member

I don't mean to sound tacky. I just don't know if the comic is still aimed at someone like me, given that it sounds like it's being made into such a huge push for a certain community.
    For the record, I think this is a good thing, I'm just unsure how it relates to me on a story level at this point.

If Miles is getting his own book, that's cool. But if Peter is dead, or isn't Spider-Man anymore... I'll have to say goodbye to Marvel until that's rectified. I won't read a non-Peter Parker Spider-Man (if Peter is dead and/or replaced).

I didn't read when it was Ben as Spider-Man, I didn't read when it was Doc Ock as Spider-Man, and I won't read if it's Miles as Spider-Man. I'm not content with Peter Parker getting put six feet under or getting shuffled off to graze in the fields of obscurity as a background supporting character.

That's if the Spider-Man in the red and blue suit in the "all new all different" promo image isn't Peter Parker. I'm all for Miles being around as his own Spidey if Peter is still around as Spidey.

But if Peter is gone or shuffled aside, I'm done with Marvel Comics. I'm not being a "the sky is falling" fanboy. I'm just a Peter Parker Spider-Man fan who wants his favorite character swinging around in the ol' red and blues.

If I have that, I'm in 100%! If not, I can't be. I feel that that's fair.