Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Is everyone on here forgetting this?

Well, that could be the RYV Spidey for all we know...............................

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParkerSpider-Man View Post
    If Miles is getting his own book, that's cool. But if Peter is dead, or isn't Spider-Man anymore... I'll have to say goodbye to Marvel until that's rectified. I won't read a non-Peter Parker Spider-Man (if Peter is dead and/or replaced).

I didn't read when it was Ben as Spider-Man, I didn't read when it was Doc Ock as Spider-Man, and I won't read if it's Miles as Spider-Man. I'm not content with Peter Parker getting put six feet under or getting shuffled off to graze in the fields of obscurity as a background supporting character.

That's if the Spider-Man in the red and blue suit in the "all new all different" promo image isn't Peter Parker. I'm all for Miles being around as his own Spidey if Peter is still around as Spidey.

But if Peter is gone or shuffled aside, I'm done with Marvel Comics. I'm not being a "the sky is falling" fanboy. I'm just a Peter Parker Spider-Man fan who wants his favorite character swinging around in the ol' red and blues.

If I have that, I'm in 100%! If not, I can't be. I feel that that's fair.
    You are not a fanboy if you are love watching him fail at his life every freakin time!

back in the day spider-man had more than 1 title so this time its about miles no biggie really

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I love Miles Morales, but is this still going to be a story for non-colored folk as well? The way they talk about it almost makes me unsure.
    Not sure if you meant this to sound how it sounds. But I'm sure Bendis and/or Slott can write for white people. As a black guy who grew up reading pretty much exclusively white superheroes, you don't have to be their race to enjoy their stories. Sheesh.
    Pete's around, Miles is around. I'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    You are not a fanboy if you are love watching him fail at his life every freakin time!
    I don't think it's yours or anyone else's position to make judgments about how much of a fan someone is of Spider-Man or any other character.

My biggest qualm about this is calling both characters, if both are active, by the same name might be confusing. Can't they call Miles Spidey Jr. or Spider Kid or something? Maybe I'm just being silly, it could work I guess....
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-20-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, that could be the RYV Spidey for all we know...............................
    Sounds good to me!

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I don't think it's yours or anyone else's position to make judgments about how much of a fan someone is of Spider-Man or any other character.
    Point taken, I hate what Slott did to him and his life and was venting some steam out.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My biggest qualm about this is calling both characters, if both are active, by the same name might be confusing. Can't they call Miles Spidey Jr. or Spider Kid or something?
    There were two Captain Americas active at one time so that would not be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Sounds good to me!
    Likewise, I wouldn't object.

Well, I love Peter Parker. He means a lot to me. And while the "Charlie Brown" aspect to Peter Parker's character is an essential, I don't "love to watch him fail" all the time. I love when Peter gets a win in his life. I don't know where you got the idea that I enjoy watching Peter fail in his life.

I want Peter in the Spider-Man duds, out there swinging around as Spider-Man. But I don't want his life to be all doom and gloom all the time.

Peter can have success. I'm a huge fan of the Peter/MJ marriage, and if that were reinstated, that would be great. If Peter had a family and was Spider-Man, I'd read, because that's a progression of those comics that were around for decades where Peter and MJ were married. Their relationship is my favorite in all of comics. But what I wouldn't read is a comic where they "retire" Peter so Miles can replace him. It's not that I don't want Peter to have a happy life or a happy ending... it's just that I don't want my Spider-Man comics to end.

No Peter Parker as Spider-Man = no sale. That's just me, I respect that other people may feel otherwise. I'm not against Miles-Spidey, I just want my Peter-Spidey to still be around.

Here is where I stand on the subject - If Peter and Miles coexist great, however if Miles is pushed over Peter or vice versa then I'll really be questioning Marvel's choice to place both in the same mainstream universe.

It sounds like Bendis/Pichelli is the creative team for Miles' book. Not terribly surprising, but quite interesting.

As long as Pete gets a chance at living a good life, I'm happy. They'll kill off Miles in a few years like they did to Ben Reilly anyways.
    Agreed,this sounds very similar to what they did in the clone saga so of this is true I will be kinda surprised. But hopefully this means that maybe Pete will get to be with MJ and his daughter again.
    spider-man from 1962 through 2007 R.I.P will miss you always.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My biggest qualm about this is calling both characters, if both are active, by the same name might be confusing. Can't they call Miles Spidey Jr. or Spider Kid or something? Maybe I'm just being silly, it could work I guess....
    If there can be two Hawkeyes, anything's possible

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    If there can be two Hawkeyes, anything's possible
    And two Cyclops, and two Icemen, and two Angels, and two Beast......................