Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    http://www.etonline.com/how-x-men-be...lashback-91266

How ‘X-Men’ Became One of TV’s Best Animated Series (Flashback)

throughout the show’s five-year run, audiences saw glimpses of newscasts featuring clips of politicians and corporate leaders fueling public hysteria, and promoting a fear of minorities for their own personal gain -- a theme that remains relevant
    t 25 years later. The series excelled at depicting how members of the superhero group reconciled wanting to fight for a better world amidst this persecution, and how they helped each other discover that what makes them different is ultimately their greatest strength.

At least when it comes to pop culture, mutants could not be more in favor at the moment
    . The Gifted recently debuted on Fox, Josh Schwartz’s adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan’s The Runaways drops on Hulu Nov. 21, Legion season two will premiere early next year on FX, and the trailer for Josh Boone’s The New Mutants has comic and horror fans anticipating its April release. And maybe -- just maybe -- someday we’ll find a way for Sam Rockwell to portray X-Men series fan favorite Morph on the big screen.

here we do stand.

“I run into people all the time that are into the comic books and have known it for years,” Morris, who portrayed Storm on the first season, told ET about the fandom surrounding the animated series. “I'm surprised, because I just had no idea what I was getting myself into.”
    For the chronicle, not that it would matter to you all, I never said the X-man TAS was bad, or wasn't important for the X-men franchise- Au countraire. It was pivotal much like Batman '66 tv show was pivotal in keeping Batman franchise in collective zetgeist.
    What i contest and oppose is the idea that it was the ultimate expression of saturday morning cartoon. No.
    It wasn't.
    It could have been.
    But it wasn't.
    Sorry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But now, 25 years later in the future, here we are without any X-Men cartoon, let alone a great one!

How did that happen?
    a blessing in disguise if you ask me looking at the awfulness that are marvel cartoons today.

I envy DC.

Marvel has this and DC had Batman TAS but DC surpassed batman tas.

a blessing in disguise if you ask me looking at the awfulness that are marvel cartoons today.

I envy DC.

Marvel has this and DC had Batman TAS but DC surpassed batman tas.
    hmm..other good points.
    The heck?!?!
    Oh remeber to not talk bad about Animaniacs

BANNED

Is therean official xmen tas dvd?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Is therean official xmen tas dvd?
    Yes, the entire series is released on DVD in America as five 2 disc "Volume" sets. Here is "Volume 1". The other four sets are not hard to find.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001Q...iiL&ref=plSrch
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 11-21-2017 at 02:55 AM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    Yes, the entire series is released on DVD in America as five 2 disc "Volume" sets. Here is "Volume 1". The other four sets are not hard to find.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001Q...iiL&ref=plSrch
    I hope they'll make a better one because i dont like the cover at all. I'll just wait for it to be re-released with a better cover, a box set that has all the dvds.

Im sorry but it really doesnt look attractive to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I hope they'll make a better one because i dont like the cover at all. I'll just wait for it to be re-released with a better cover, a box set that has all the dvds.

Im sorry but it really doesnt look attractive to my eye.
    Then only God knows how long you will be waiting. Considering the fact that Disney did absolutely nothing to celebrate nor recognize this series' 25th anniversary (and still has inexplicably skipped releasing the Spider-Man cartoon on DVD), it is extremely likely that this will be the ONLY home media release that the X-Men show will ever get. To skip owning it just because the cover art isn't the best makes no sense to me. Especially because I know that once these DVDs do go "out of print" is when everyone who ignored them before will inevitably want them then.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

I wish there were like 12-15 "Lost" episodes that they could now give to us!

"I don't like the cover." lol. The cover is a great team shot. And volume one has the best cover of all of them. The series is on Hulu as well.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

He's probably mad that Storm is only 2/5 of the covers lol.

I have all of these, but It sucks there were no special features and the video quality is mediocre.

Batman TAS is coming to bluray next year and hopefully will have a good transfer.
    Even the old dvds had featurettes and 12 commentaries.
    X-men TAS deserves better.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Yes, bad quality, i really want a new cartoon
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    He's probably mad that Storm is only 2/5 of the covers lol.

I have all of these, but It sucks there were no special features and the video quality is mediocre.

Batman TAS is coming to bluray next year and hopefully will have a good transfer.
    Even the old dvds had featurettes and 12 commentaries.
    X-men TAS deserves better.
    This! it should have some bonus features like interviews, a video how it became a huge hit worldwide, etc and the covers should have been better too.

Not really about Storm being only 2/5 of the cover

They should be making an awesome xmen box set like a collector's edition.

BANNED

http://www.kuam.com/story/36905473/n...uperhero-shows

New Book for 25th Anniversary of X-Men: The Animated Series Reveals Struggle Which Launched One of TV's Most Successful Saturday Morning Superhero Shows.

http://www.kuam.com/story/36905473/n...uperhero-shows

New Book for 25th Anniversary of X-Men: The Animated Series Reveals Struggle Which Launched One of TV's Most Successful Saturday Morning Superhero Shows.
    What exactly is the book about? Does it have background info on the characters, cells from the series or is it just about the various artists who worked on the series?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Been re-watching X-Men:TAS on Hulu lately and it holds up really well. Love the dialogue and the interaction between characters. The jokes still make me laugh. The perpetually 'too be continued' with rolling plots and subplots, along with Jim Lee's art style, perfectly captured the spirit of that era (minus the violence and death of the comics). It covers serious topics like prejudice well for a Saturday cartoon but never takes itself too seriously.

And to this day, I hear the animated series' voice cast in my head when I read the comics!