Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This series has a very special place in my heart. It, along with the Spider-Man Animated Series, is what got me into comics. Years ago when I was a kid, my favorite time of the day was when I came home from school and turned on the TV to watch the Fox Kids animation block. It had Spider-Man, X-men, and Power Rangers. Those were good times. A lot of the passion I have for comics is owed to this cartoon and that era. I bought all the DVDs and the old theme song is now my ringtone. While the animation and voice acting might be dated by today's standards, it still has a profound impact. This cartoon did so many things right, following the comics closely when it needed to and making the right changes when it had to. It set the bar very high and unlike Spider-Man, it has maintained that quality through future incarnations like X-men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-men. That's why it continues to baffle me that we don't have another X-men cartoon in the works. Then again, given how horrible Marvel's cartoons have been lately, that might be a good thing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

There has never been a better Marvel animated series.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This series has a very special place in my heart. It, along with the Spider-Man Animated Series, is what got me into comics. Years ago when I was a kid, my favorite time of the day was when I came home from school and turned on the TV to watch the Fox Kids animation block. It had Spider-Man, X-men, and Power Rangers. Those were good times. A lot of the passion I have for comics is owed to this cartoon and that era. I bought all the DVDs and the old theme song is now my ringtone. While the animation and voice acting might be dated by today's standards, it still has a profound impact. This cartoon did so many things right, following the comics closely when it needed to and making the right changes when it had to. It set the bar very high and unlike Spider-Man, it has maintained that quality through future incarnations like X-men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-men. That's why it continues to baffle me that we don't have another X-men cartoon in the works. Then again, given how horrible Marvel's cartoons have been lately, that might be a good thing.
    To my knowledge there's never been a bad X-Men show - this, Evolution and the short lived WATXM all seem to be highly recieved.

In tribute to Jean Grey's continuous collapsing throughout the animated series.

per Max Wittert's brilliance.

BANNED

Does anyone else read Comics Alliance X-Men: TAS episode guide that they currently run?
    http://comicsalliance.com/tags/x-men-episode-guide/
    It's currently on the Proteus eps and is hilarious~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!! They review every ep in depth and it's great for nostalgia.

There was a pic in the last thread on the old CBR that was for this show and was the best i've ever seen of the team. It had Rogue in the middle flying into action and the other X-Men coming out of the corner, i can't remember who it was by. It used to be my desktop wallpaper.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Chris Sims was hating on Gambit for years before he started reviewing that show. I guess he wasn't all that familiar with the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    There was a pic in the last thread on the old CBR that was for this show and was the best i've ever seen of the team. It had Rogue in the middle flying into action and the other X-Men coming out of the corner, i can't remember who it was by. It used to be my desktop wallpaper.
    Russell Dauterman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Russell Dauterman

Yea, that's about as X-Men as it gets. Love that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yea, that's about as X-Men as it gets. Love that picture.
    Jean:CANNONBALL!!!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Jean:CANNONBALL!!!!!!!
    Nah looks like she's about to faint....Scott!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

DC has a comic about the Adam West Batman, I know I'd be happy if Marvel made a TAS comic. Again.

If you didn't mark out at Apocalypse and the Four Horseman on this show... then I don't know what's wrong with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

Seriously, some of those quotes are still the best stuff I've ever heard a villain say on a cartoon.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Big part of my childhood and was the major reason I got into comics. (Batman TAS the other)

Some parts hold up well, others eh not so much. One thing in particular, after watching the show I was actually disappointed in Comics Apocalypse. He never came across as menacing or as powerful as he did in the cartoon.

Season 2 was the best with the underlying Savage Land arc and all the character building episodes inbetween. I loved Storm's over the top quotes 'Meet me at the monorail' 'BEGONE!' And 'The full force of the elements' being my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

Whoever photoshopped these Jim Lee images did a nice job. The top image is a mix of several different sources and the bottom is a mix of the trading cards, but the coloring and cropping make it seem like they are the original images.